Hail, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Ship trading

2

Comments

  • LaedhaLaedha Member Posts: 100 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    You can fish just fine from a cutter. Trading is the reason most people buy larger ships. I don't think more than 10 people regularly seamonster hunt and that level 2 zone gets crowded quick.

    It's nice to hear it's just the RNG, at least that means those gold trades should be back. Thanks @Nicola.
    Rekhyr
  • KinilanKinilan Member, Seafaring Liason Posts: 1,255 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Go take shit from other people.
  • TahquilTahquil Member Posts: 4,020 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Mathilda said:
    Sell me a wargalley :) also deepsea fishing for like 1hr should be enough to cover costs for at least an RL day. All the more if you seamonster and dive.
    How much is a wargalley per day?
  • TysandrTysandr Member Posts: 441 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Nicola said:
    The shiptrades pool picks at random which trade will run, it looks like there was a heavy spate of gold trades around December and January, now RNG has swung the other way. No plans on changes to these at this point in time.
    Not even like some variety with the destination ports? :(
    Nexus: Accents, Autotriggers, Dragon Talismans
    "As the child did... without the rope. Then fear will find you again."

    Zbaco
  • LaedhaLaedha Member Posts: 100 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    edited April 1
    Nicola said:
    The shiptrades pool picks at random which trade will run, it looks like there was a heavy spate of gold trades around December and January, now RNG has swung the other way. No plans on changes to these at this point in time.
    There was not a single personal gold trade that started and ended at the same port during the month of March, and I don't think there was in February either. Those used to come up 1-2 times per week. Is it possible @Makarios made that change at some point? 

    If those trades are going away, I can understand why, but would it be possible to also eliminate some of the trades that basically nobody ever does? Crew experience and morale trades have been coming up frequently and are very unpopular. I used to log on and get excited when the month turned to see if a good trade would come up. Now, they're often not even announced on the Mariner's Guild.  

    Edit: Of course a good credit trade comes up right when I post this, ha! I still would really like to know if the same port personal gold trades have been removed. 
  • RispokRispok Member Posts: 699 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Laedha said:
    Nicola said:
    The shiptrades pool picks at random which trade will run, it looks like there was a heavy spate of gold trades around December and January, now RNG has swung the other way. No plans on changes to these at this point in time.
    There was not a single personal gold trade that started and ended at the same port during the month of March, and I don't think there was in February either. Those used to come up 1-2 times per week. Is it possible @Makarios made that change at some point? 

    If those trades are going away, I can understand why, but would it be possible to also eliminate some of the trades that basically nobody ever does? Crew experience and morale trades have been coming up frequently and are very unpopular. I used to log on and get excited when the month turned to see if a good trade would come up. Now, they're often not even announced on the Mariner's Guild.  

    Edit: Of course a good credit trade comes up right when I post this, ha! I still would really like to know if the same port personal gold trades have been removed. 
    I don't think there's anything wrong with ship trades. People just got super excited when there were a few in a row.
  • LaedhaLaedha Member Posts: 100 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Rispok said:
    Laedha said:
    Nicola said:
    The shiptrades pool picks at random which trade will run, it looks like there was a heavy spate of gold trades around December and January, now RNG has swung the other way. No plans on changes to these at this point in time.
    There was not a single personal gold trade that started and ended at the same port during the month of March, and I don't think there was in February either. Those used to come up 1-2 times per week. Is it possible @Makarios made that change at some point? 

    If those trades are going away, I can understand why, but would it be possible to also eliminate some of the trades that basically nobody ever does? Crew experience and morale trades have been coming up frequently and are very unpopular. I used to log on and get excited when the month turned to see if a good trade would come up. Now, they're often not even announced on the Mariner's Guild.  

    Edit: Of course a good credit trade comes up right when I post this, ha! I still would really like to know if the same port personal gold trades have been removed. 
    I don't think there's anything wrong with ship trades. People just got super excited when there were a few in a row.
    Maybe @Klendathu has records? He traded a lot. It wasn't a few in a row, it was consistent for most of 2017. The most lucrative trades are same-port personal gold trades. Not a single one of those has come up in about two months, I'm pretty sure. I'm not sure I'd say anything is "wrong," exactly, but it definitely seems like a change has been made. 
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the StormMember Posts: 3,016 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Only anecdotal, but there were certainly a lot of days when all I did was spam market to find people to complete deals.

    I've been spending the gold I made on credits and bought a load of artefacts in the last couple of weeks, so am eagerly awaiting the pendulum swinging back again :)

    Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
    Laedha
  • LaedhaLaedha Member Posts: 100 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    edited April 17
    Hey look at that, it's been at least two full months without a single same-port gold trade. 5 incense to/from Thraasi, 6 incense to/from Thraasi, 8 kawhe to/from Thraasi, 6 glass to/from Tasur'ke, 6 silk to/from Thraasi, 2 gems to/from Tasur'ke, 2 armaments to/from Thraasi, 5 perfume to/from Thraasi, 6 marble to/from Tasur'ke, 3 hemp to/from Thraasi. All of these trades used to exist and not a single one of them has come up in the 120+ trades since the beginning of March. (I don't think there were any in February either so it's closer to 180.)

    It's really difficult to believe that these trades, which also happen to be the most lucrative ones and the ones involved in the trade bug, weren't deliberately removed. I'm not accusing anyone of lying but is it possible @Makarios removed them and @Nicola didn't know when she said it was just the RNG? 

    If the admin think the gold generation is too great from those trades, that's fine, but I think some of the low-traffic trades should also be removed. It's a constant run of crew xp, crew morale, and objects that everybody already has if they want one. 
    Rackham
  • RackhamRackham Member Posts: 65 ✭✭ - Stalwart
    I still dig some of the objects ( love that freaking dice skull), but yeah, I won't run crew morale or xp ever. If I can get those same things by sailing, having a helm specialist, or hunting seamonsters, I'm not making a round the world trip for it. 
  • RhivonaRhivona Member, Moderator Posts: 81 Moderator
    Laedha said:
    Hey look at that, it's been at least two full months without a single same-port gold trade. 5 incense to/from Thraasi, 6 incense to/from Thraasi, 8 kawhe to/from Thraasi, 6 glass to/from Tasur'ke, 6 silk to/from Thraasi, 2 gems to/from Tasur'ke, 2 armaments to/from Thraasi, 5 perfume to/from Thraasi, 6 marble to/from Tasur'ke, 3 hemp to/from Thraasi. All of these trades used to exist and not a single one of them has come up in the 120+ trades since the beginning of March. 

    It's really difficult to believe that these trades, which also happen to be the most lucrative ones and the ones involved in the trade bug, weren't deliberately removed. I'm not accusing anyone of lying but is it possible Makarios removed them and Nicola didn't know when she said it was just the RNG? 

    If the admin think the gold generation is too great from those trades, that's fine, but I think some of the low-traffic trades should also be removed. It's a constant run of crew xp, crew morale, and objects that everybody already has if they want one. 
    They were not removed, nor were the weights altered.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the StormMember Posts: 3,016 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Problem is now, if one comes up in the next day or so, people will assume something's been tweaked. Damned if it does, damned if it doesn't. :D

    Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • RhivonaRhivona Member, Moderator Posts: 81 Moderator
    Klendathu said:
    Problem is now, if one comes up in the next day or so, people will assume something's been tweaked. Damned if it does, damned if it doesn't. :D
    Us coder types aren't masochistic enough to touch anything related to ships or heraldry unless it's absolutely required!
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the StormMember Posts: 3,016 @@ - Legendary Achaean

    Rhivona said:
    Klendathu said:
    Problem is now, if one comes up in the next day or so, people will assume something's been tweaked. Damned if it does, damned if it doesn't. :D
    Us coder types aren't masochistic enough to touch anything related to ships or heraldry unless it's absolutely required!
    WLTB a coat of arms on my galley's hull

    Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, FloridaMember Posts: 4,825 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Rhivona said:
    Klendathu said:
    Problem is now, if one comes up in the next day or so, people will assume something's been tweaked. Damned if it does, damned if it doesn't. :D
    Us coder types aren't masochistic enough to touch anything related to ships or heraldry unless it's absolutely required!
    Man, you know something is scary as hell when it's compared to the heraldry code. Yikes.
    "You have had an extraordinary adventure, my dear. Extraordinary! One that few people could ever imagine. Treasure it. Keep it safe and secure, tucked away in some special place in your heart. 

    But... don't spend the rest of your days chasing a ghost."
    SiduriKresslack
  • LaedhaLaedha Member Posts: 100 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Thank you @Rhivona . I wonder if it has something to do with the coding issues that came up in another thread where (I think) Makarios was talking about how mobs that are supposed to be randomly distributed instead group up in one area or close to each other? It's been a dramatic shift from last year, those trades came up consistently 2-3 times a week.  
  • SiduriSiduri Member Posts: 1,510 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Laedha said:
    Thank you @Rhivona . I wonder if it has something to do with the coding issues that came up in another thread where (I think) Makarios was talking about how mobs that are supposed to be randomly distributed instead group up in one area or close to each other? It's been a dramatic shift from last year, those trades came up consistently 2-3 times a week.  
    Actually, yes, that is most probably the result of RNG clumping. I can compare this to pokemon Sun Moon where Shiny pokemon tend to clump in a range of 10 subsequent results despite being 1 in 8000+ chance, allowing you to game the RNG incrementing to select the ideal candidate. Only, since there is no player agency in the ship trade roll, we are doomed to follow the whims of the pseudo-randomness.

    image
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the StormMember Posts: 3,016 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited May 1
    April's shiptrades:
    Reward Count
    Golden Gryphon 5
    25 bound credits 1
    Unmarked wooden crate 3
    Weapon ammunition 4
    Hollowed Skull 3
    5 bound credits 3
    Crew morale 4
    Black finned flare 5
    Crew experience 6
    75000gp 3
    a birdcage covered in a white cloth 1
    barrel of rum 8
    65000gp 3
    a seaworn pair of stone dice 1
    Striking sea captain's hat 4
    great Notic amulet 2
    Wicker basket containing a ginger kitten 4

    Note, none of the gold trades were same start/end harbour.

    Edit: Both trades today (1st May) are Deliver 6 tea to Tasur'ke Harbour in return for crew morale. (ship)


    Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
    Laedha
  • RackhamRackham Member Posts: 65 ✭✭ - Stalwart
    Are you absolutely sure you don't want more barrels of rum?
  • MindshellMindshell Member Posts: 258 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Madness, everyone needs more rum.
  • LaedhaLaedha Member Posts: 100 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    @Klendathu did you record the May trades? I don't have a chart like you but I checked every day and there were no same-port gold trades again. There have not been any at all in 2018 so far that I am aware of. 
    Zbaco
  • KinilanKinilan Member, Seafaring Liason Posts: 1,255 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Fuck that hat.


    And every other trade should be the hollowed skull.
    Melodie
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the StormMember Posts: 3,016 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Laedha said:
    @Klendathu did you record the May trades? I don't have a chart like you but I checked every day and there were no same-port gold trades again. There have not been any at all in 2018 so far that I am aware of. 
    I have every day since 1st April, excluding 6th and 9th May, there have been no same harbour gold trades in that time (missed is 4 on the list below, 2 harbours for each of 2 days)

    Reward Count Percentage
    Golden Gryphon 10 6.21%
    25 bound credits 3 1.86%
    Unmarked wooden crate 5 3.11%
    Weapon ammunition 15 9.32%
    Hollowed Skull 8 4.97%
    5 bound credits 4 2.48%
    Crew morale 20 12.42%
    Black finned flare 6 3.73%
    Crew experience 26 16.15%
    75000gp 6 3.73%
    a birdcage covered in a white cloth 5 3.11%
    barrel of rum 12 7.45%
    65000gp 8 4.97%
    a seaworn pair of stone dice 2 1.24%
    Striking sea captain's hat 10 6.21%
    great Notic amulet 6 3.73%
    Wicker basket containing a ginger kitten 5 3.11%
    100000gp 4 2.48%
    Reticulated giraffe 1 0.62%
    200000gp 1 0.62%
    missed 4 2.48%

    Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
    DaironLaedhaRackham
  • LaedhaLaedha Member Posts: 100 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Nobody needs crew morale that badly. Thanks @Klendathu
    Nazihk
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United StatesMember Posts: 5,806 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    To be fair the crew experience and morale ones are likely godsends to newly crewed ships, especially if they can get some more experienced crew transferred over to mingle with the greenhorns.

    Would kinda be nice to see, since there's only two ports you can accept and complete trades at, if there were a bit of a contract board available as well for trades that offer regular monetary reward.

    Shorter jobs for around 25k up to 50k that can perhaps be done once a month, ship locked. Would likely generate enough monetary interest to result in steady seafaring based activity while the big trades rotate through RNG.


    LaedhaRackhamZbaco
  • ElipiseElipise Member Posts: 378 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Nazihk said:
    IMO, morale and experience trades should ALWAYS be up and there should be additional trades available for people who don't need them. 

    That way people who do need the trades will always have access to them and people who don't need them will always have other options.
    THIS is a great idea
    Torinn Chiragh, Herald of Fire says, "Good, darn it."
    Talamond Averial says, "You are the least charming siren ever."
    Torinn
  • KyrraKyrra Sanctum of the SkyMember Posts: 4,707 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Ship trades from Orilla and Suleil just to be obnoxious.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the StormMember Posts: 3,016 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Figures for April (month 4) to August (month 8). Still no same harbour personal gold trades. That's 5 months now...
    Reward 4 5 6 7 8 Grand Total
    10 bound credits 1 1
    100000gp 1 4 1 1 7
    200000gp 1 1 2
    25 bound credits 1 3 1 2 7
    5 bound credits 3 1 4 8
    65000gp 3 2 4 3 4 16
    75000gp 3 3 4 3 13
    a birdcage covered in a white cloth 1 3 1 1 6
    barrel of rum 8 1 3 8 5 25
    Black finned flare 5 2 1 1 9
    Crew experience 6 14 11 11 13 55
    Crew morale 4 10 8 7 8 37
    Golden Gryphon 5 4 2 4 4 19
    great Notic amulet 2 2 3 2 1 10
    Hollowed Skull 3 4 2 3 1 13
    missed 4 4
    Reticulated giraffe 1 1 2
    Seaworn pair of stone dice 1 1 1 2 5
    Ship ammunition 1 1
    Striking sea captain's hat 4 3 3 4 2 16
    Unmarked wooden crate 3 2 2 7
    Weapon ammunition 4 7 9 9 9 38
    Wicker basket containing a ginger kitten 4 1 5
    Grand Total 60 62 60 62 62 306


    Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • GreysGreys Member, Seafaring Liason Posts: 710 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    @Klendathu thanks for this. Interesting that there is both ship ammo and weapon ammo.
2
Sign In to Comment.