Quick Questions

Comments

• AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Is it forcable action?
  • edited June 2018
    Summoning all combat necessary occie ents at once with the karmic knot artie and diadem is 17s. 22s without. 

Arguably more necessary than spirit shields or cage lol. 

• AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Dunn said:
    Summoning all combat necessary occie ents at once with the karmic knot artie and diadem is 17s. 22s without. 

Not the same comparison, the more fair comparison to summoning ents would be performing all the rites (demons, healing, revitalization, piety, cleansing, banishment) or spinning all the vibes, harms.  Spiritshields are definitely more nice to have, not necessities.  
  • Achilles said:
    Is it forcable action?
    Took 11 posts to get to the really important question.  =)
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

• Achilles said:
    Dunn said:

Not the same comparison, the more fair comparison to summoning ents would be performing all the rites (demons, healing, revitalization, piety, cleansing, banishment) or spinning all the vibes, harms.  Spiritshields are definitely more nice to have, not necessities.  
    Nope. Occultists have to have entities to fight. Rites, vibes, and harms are all "nice to have" but not required to kill someone.

• Benediction is 2 seconds per missing blessing at a minimum cast time of 4 seconds (the eq it costs to do a single blessing normally). Pre eq bonuses, of course.
  • edited June 2018
    I mean if you're going to go that route... Half the harmonics / rites / vibes aren't actually needed, and won't actually help you meaningfully win a fight... Whereas the vast majority of entities are used quite a bit, and well... Good luck fighting without them.

It's not like you're going to use benediction mid fight.

• Pyori said:
    I mean if you're going to go that route... Half the harmonics / rites / vibes aren't actually needed, and won't actually help you meaningfully win a fight... Whereas the vast majority of entities are used quite a bit, and well... Good luck fighting without them.

If I could weave an expanded list of rites in between hammer/greatsword swings, it would move rites primarily being used in defense into more of an offensive practice.

I love having access to them as a pally but unless we are stationary, things like hew or overhand will take priority.

I suppose another option is to change a few rites to "auras"; add a cap of auras you can have active at one time (maybe one to begin, two at max) and the powers just center around you until death. Piety would probably stay a rite so someone can't "aura piety" follow someone to troll and to keep in line with how Gravehands operates.
  • I can't overstate how many times tremors/stridulation has saved my ass from finishers like disembowel. Just ask @Atalkez
  • Xias said:
    Pyori said:

If I could weave an expanded list of rites in between hammer/greatsword swings, it would move rites primarily being used in defense into more of an offensive practice.

I love having access to them as a pally but unless we are stationary, things like hew or overhand will take priority.

I suppose another option is to change a few rites to "auras"; add a cap of auras you can have active at one time (maybe one to begin, two at max) and the powers just center around you until death. Piety would probably stay a rite so someone can't "aura piety" follow someone to troll and to keep in line with how Gravehands operates.
    Please no. Aetolia did this with Templars. Granted there's other reasons why fighting Templars sucked, but still.

• Did it make fighting them a chore? I think it would just lend more use to rites. I love the Devotion skill tree--wish I could use more of it in practical combat.
  • Okay, I just played priest for the first time in ages and love benediction. Waaaaay better than before.
  • I found some references to Aemilie and Lloen selling some really beautiful journals, but it seems they don't sell them anymore. Is that the case? Are those wares gone forever? (And yes, I know about the custom journals that Lloen does still sell.)
  • Have you met occultist? Full ent summon is a 25 second knock
  • Question: Ledolian Surcoat - 10 charges, does it regen at all? If not, 10 and it decays? Or 10 and you have a nice coat? Any redeem value?
    The Truths hurt. Always.
  • Suladan said:
    Question: Ledolian Surcoat - 10 charges, does it regen at all? If not, 10 and it decays? Or 10 and you have a nice coat? Any redeem value?
    10 charges, no it doesn't regen
    10 and it decays
    yes it does redeem, but I think it is artefact surcoat tradein, not promo surcoat tradein (though try both).
  • If you're a Cyrenese, are you steal allowed to be a thief and steal things from other cities/ denizens? Or is that not allowed by law?
  • Azenta said:
    If you're a Cyrenese, are you steal allowed to be a thief and steal things from other cities/ denizens? Or is that not allowed by law?
    You absolutely can, and it's highly encouraged in Cyrene moreso than other cities
  • Azenta said:
    If you're a Cyrenese, are you steal allowed to be a thief and steal things from other cities/ denizens? Or is that not allowed by law?
    You could read the city's laws, like you're asked to as a novice.

• Do these translucent masks have a trade-in value?
  • Dairon said:
    Do these translucent masks have a trade-in value?
    Woah woah woah...  not so fast

• If I learn Shikudo, can I swap back/forth between specs?

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • If I learn Shikudo, can I swap back/forth between specs?
    No. You have to pay the lessons to switch back.
  • So yes, just not for free. There's also an artefact that removes the cost but I think the cooldown is relatively long.
  • 12 hours on the lotus with no upgrades for it like the weaponmastery one. 

Still bought it instantly when I picked up monk cause tekura is bae. 

• How big of a noticeable impact do the 5% paragons for blunt and cutting on artefact armor give? Considering purchasing them for squishy issues.
  • Is there any way to toggle the dragon voice when using says and tells? I'm not on the receiving end, but I don't think that expressiveness displays.
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• Mining:

Been mining 6 am - 7 am EST and 4-8 pm EST and all I see are iron, coal and maybe carbon mines. When I search around the "best" mines silver and stone are usually taken by EU players. This has got me thinking. Is there a rotation of when certain lodes come out? Is it random (doesn't feel like it) or a set order? If it is a set order is that time increase by x number when it spawns? For example, Silver this week will spawn at 6 am EST time. Next week it will spawn at 12 pm EST. The week after it will spawn at 6 pm EST , etc. Just trying to figure out when is the best time to catch the best mines. 
  • edited June 2018
    @Ismay I believe in says at least you simply have to have no voice set for the dragon one to show up.  As far as toggling it, well i set voice as part of my dragonform and lesserform commands.
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."