Leases and Warehousing!

Comments

• Today I learned the term 'yank holds'
  • edited June 2018
    I heard that from now on comms will only generate in digsites.
  • Also the act of extracting will have a chance of collapsing tunnels.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• extracting a tunnel should collapse every tunnel.
  • As the next phase of our changes to commodities looms on the horizon - June 20th folks, keep an eye on UPCOMING INFO 483 - we've got some more information so that you can all be best prepared for this!

Commodities outside the rift or a warehouse will decay.

The rift and warehouses are the only place to store these. Official city commodity shops remain unaffected.

Stockrooms, bags of stasis, and other methods of preservation will no longer affect commodities.

Outrifted commodities will decay 12 hours after being outrifted.

Commodities dropped on the ground will decay 1 hour after being dropped (or any act/loss of connection that causes them to be on the ground.)

Commodities can be sold on the comm market directly from the warehouse.

When the term on a commodity sale ends any unsold commodities will first attempt to fill your rift. Any remainder will then move to the lowest costing warehouse lease in your name. If there is no warehouse lease in your name, any remaining commodities will then be placed in your inventory.

How many of each commodity you can sell at any time on the comm market will be capped based on your associated commodity mining ranking. The particulars of this scale will be announced in due course.

All commodities currently being sold on the commodity market at the time of this change (0100 GMT June 20th) will be returned to their owners. These will first attempt to fill your rift. Any remainder will then move to the lowest costing warehouse lease in your name. If there is no warehouse lease in your name, any remaining commodities will then be placed in your inventory.

We will also be adding integration for mining claim and storage to pair with warehousing.

Commodities this will affect:

Steel          Wood          Iron
    Leather        Coal          Obsidian
    Cloth          Gold(bar)     Rope
    Elemental Ice  Silver        Gems
    Platinum       Bone          Lacquer
    Stone          Ironore       Rawgems
    Goldore        Silverore     Rawobsidian
    Platinumore    Rawbone       Impureice
    Carbon         and           Rawstone

Remember, these changes go into effect at 0100 GMT June 20th.

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Serenade is 0000 GMT, or 0100 BST, not 0100 GMT.

Also, the word 'and' is included at the bottom of the middle column of commodities.

12 hours is punishingly short for a decay time. It's not unfeasable for someone to have a mine collapse when they're not available to log in, and their warehouse lease / rift is full. A longer decay time - 48 hours / 72 hours, 96 hours - would prevent those people who are not able to log in on a daily basis a chance to sort things out before they lose all of their commodities.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Klendathu said:
    Serenade is 0000 GMT, or 0100 BST, not 0100 GMT.

Also, the word 'and' is included at the bottom of the middle column of commodities.

12 hours is punishingly short for a decay time. It's not unfeasable for someone to have a mine collapse when they're not available to log in, and their warehouse lease / rift is full. A longer decay time - 48 hours / 72 hours, 96 hours - would prevent those people who are not able to log in on a daily basis a chance to sort things out before they lose all of their commodities.
    I would rather see the decay timer start when the person logs in in this scenario.
  • VeldrinVeldrin Denmark
    So if we don't mine we can't sell commodities? And we really are getting warehouses forced down our throat even if we don't want to use them if we have bigger groups of commodities (and if we get them from outside mining we apparently can't sell it either on the comm market?)

So far I am definitely not a fan of this change whatsoever.

• edited June 2018
    Upcoming is correct, the post here is correct too, the Serenade references have been removed in game. And is intentional, each line is read across.

Leases don't have a maximum capacity, you pay per amount, so if your mine collapses and you have a lease with a warehouse, it should all go into there, at worst your lease payment increases.

If your rift capacity is full and no warehouse lease exists in your name, only then will commodities go to your inventory and begin to decay.
    edited June 2018
    @Nicola, wubs you :)

I'm just glad it's taking effect mid-week, so I can get things sorted before anything decays.

To echo Veldrin, and I'd not actually thought of this, as things currently stand, an individual can buy ironore, carbon and coal from the comms market and smelt their own steel, then sell on the comms market. If you don't mine, you don't have a ranking, you can't sell on the comms market. Seems a little unfair on this niche method of making gold.

Similarly, those going for legendary smithing are going to be (negatively) impacted by the comms decay timer too. It's my understanding that towards the end, it's well over 10k comms needed to master some of the descriptors.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • edited June 2018
    Everyone will be able to sell on the comms market with a base amount, but for larger bulk sales you'll need a mining ranking. As the post said details on these specifics will be released in due course.

Someone gathering commodities for legendary mining, or a large house build, might well want to invest in a warehouse lease to store their commodities.
    I'll shut my face until more details are revealed.

• Nicola did not say you can't sell commodities if you don't mine. 

What was said that the number of commodities you can sell is impacted by your commodity mining ranking.

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    I'm curious what is the reason for needing a mining ranking for bulk sales.

• @Skye This is because we don't want the commodity market being used as free bulk commodity storage to get around warehousing, but we also appreciate that prolific miners are the most likely group to sell large amounts of commodities on a frequent basis.
  • VeldrinVeldrin Denmark
    It's not really free if it can only be up for sale for a year and has a fee per commodity that's paid upfront regardless of whetever you sell the commodities or not.

• Veldrin said:
    It's not really free if it can only be up for sale for a year and has a fee per commodity that's paid upfront regardless of whetever you sell the commodities or not.

Just as an aside, you're not charged for commodities in a warehouse if those commodities are on the market. Much like with your rift, those commodities get taken out of play for the duration of the market offer so you don't accidentally spend them on something and cause them to vanish from the listing or become invalid in some other way. The being able to sell from your warehouse is entirely a convenience addition - it has no impact on your profit margin other than for the initial lease purchase (which is a pretty nominal fee).

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Will Delos be receiving a warehousing option of some sort, or will rogues be required to seek leasing within a player run city-state?

• A couple of things. I am ignorant on some but I would love to get feedback.

1. I am curious the impact of this decision on cities. 

I am all about PvP. Right now cities are not being punished enough for their improvements, losing guards, getting rooms destroyed, etc. I understand there has to be a balance because Mhaldor or Targ would grief cities with lower numbers. I understand this is a hard thing to think about, balance and fine-tune. This idea (leases/warehouses) puts MORE money into cities. More money into buying improvements, holding credit sales, etc. Some will argue that is good for the players. I believe the ORB (which almost every city has) isn't punishing enough when turned on and off because no one is really said "hey we can't turn on the orb for this defense because we don't have the upkeep cost". 

2.  A lot more people mining which will hopefully cause PvP (Assaults)

When I am around to prospect, all I see is small mines, rarely a mine bigger than medium. That means more miners are out or people have bigger legions. Which is good. I liked that change to mining because it forces people to actually assault in order to get the good mines. But with this change the smaller miners will not be able to keep up with the big spenders which means less miners, less conflict and the rich get richer.
  • RyldaghRyldagh Ontario, Canada
    Leviticus said:
    A couple of things. I am ignorant on some but I would love to get feedback.

I believe the ORB (which almost every city has) isn't punishing enough when turned on and off because no one is really said "hey we can't turn on the orb for this defense because we don't have the upkeep cost". 
    We never really say that because we just leave it on.

If you added a cost to turn it on/off, more people would just leave it on indefinitely.  As for the upkeep, it is already a pretty decent chunk of comms obsidian just to have it there, whether it's working or not.

• I read that we'll be able to have our commodities transfer automatically to our warehouse, will this take place on the 20th or will it be a future time? Also any hint when we can be able to transfer money automatically that we gain from selling commodities... I'm -very- tired of doves.
  • edited June 2018

It's crunch time! and my OCD is destroying me.... Knowing I have policies and leases setup that I do not want available.

Any chance the ability to remove / delete policies and leases are going to go in before the 20th?

lots of little initial errors, like not knowing you can't have spaces in the naming convention, and my test lease/policy to make sure I was going to be doing things properly that are sticking around. Oh, and the fact that you cant add policies to leases that have already been sealed, even though they were sealed before policies were introduced :(

And!!! one final question, for now! What exactly does setting delos as a "memberof" "exclusion" do? are they supposed to cover the rouges? I can add/exclude cities but I am thinking rouges may be able to slip in the cracks here unless delos is supposed to cover them.

• Also, CITY LEASE LIST is likely going to get unreadable as more new policies get added. It would be helpful if it showed some additional info about the lease on the list, mainly taxrate, taxper, duration, so Trade people don't need to check every lease to find the one they want to publish. Currently it only shows this:
    ID                   Sealed               Number published    
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    20                   Yes                  2

• @Makarios
    I see you and your team working fast behind the scenes!
    Thanks, that announce is great
  • edited June 2018
    Be careful with putting things on the comm market, have had at least 2 items I put on be recorded as a 0 quantity. It looks like while you can put in over 5000 at a time, the system does not accept it.

ID        Commodity           Price               Quantity
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    42        Obsidian            90gp                0
    45        Stone               100gp               0
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    So comms returned at 0100GMT and decay in 8 hours, down from the 12 intially announced, so 9am GMT. Hardly fair for Europeans :(

• Is there a way to see what is the max number of comms you can put up on the commodity market?
    Tahquil said:
    Is there a way to see what is the max number of comms you can put up on the commodity market?
    And also, what defines commodity rank? Amount sold? Amount mined? Number of creamcakes fired by trebuchet?

• Klendathu said:
    Tahquil said:
    Is there a way to see what is the max number of comms you can put up on the commodity market?
    And also, what defines commodity rank? Amount sold? Amount mined? Number of creamcakes fired by trebuchet?
    I believe it's your RANKINGS MINING [commodity] rank. Seems to be +5000 for rank 1, -50 per rank after that.

How many comms got destroyed in this first decay wave? CM looks so empty now!
  • I can't reproduce the 0 comms thing. If someone who has experienced it can message me the command they used, that'd be great. Will get it resolved ASAP!