ASHTAN IS THE GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

13»

Comments

• Because the barrier of entry before was much higher, it was just monetary instead of skilll based. Considering how popular fortnite/dota/league are and how few people have thousands of dollars of expendable income, I'd say it's safe to assume that requiring skill gets you more people than requiring absurd amounts of money.
  • Kiet said:
    I'd say it's safe to assume that requiring skill gets you more people than requiring absurd amounts of money.
    Idk Maplestory is still absurdly popular outside of Korea, and in Korea is still one of the most played MMOs on the market right now. And that game is pretty fucking P2W outside of Reboot servers (which is small compared to non-reboot anyway)
    :thonking:

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Maplestory. :angry:
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • you can still overpower with monetary investment if you find the right person willing to make you a brutally awesome full auto system then the small amount of time to add in your own manual failsafes. Anyway the barrier to entry may or may not have been an issue, but what wasn't fun was cause counting and coming back to "is X going to jump me once, twice, or 73 times for an absolute abysmal pile of reasons that, honestly, make less than any sense?" It also didn't help when just existing within your own city gave people some sort of indignant right to jump you, truelock and steal every last item on your personage. 

Honestly, I'd akin the power that we can reach with automation to that of wallhacking in quake. Sure, in the hands of someone who can make the most of those wallhacks shit is broken and they can clear the leaving hell out of any server, but just because johnny cross eyed grabs a wall hack doesn't mean he's going to do any better while his railgun shots are a good 30 metres off his target. It does make me much enjoy larger group combat more though, since there are a myriad of options that are available that can counter even a full group of perfect automation since the variables reach obscene levels once you add one more person to a group and what they can bring.
  • The barrier of entry to combat has increased over time. It's higher now that it was ten years ago.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Jovolo said:
    The barrier of entry to combat has increased over time. It's higher now that it was ten years ago.
    I think its nature has changed, more than it's higher. Publically released curing / aff tracking systems have somewhat levelled the field.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • When I could alt a paladin with shortswords and lock people because their curing was less than optimal .the entry to combat was much lower. Now you can't win a fight unless you know how to defeat a static curing prio, or have perfected your offense to beat Server-side curing. Have the correct arties for your class. Lvl of entry and having fun with combat is higher.
  • The curing floor is higher, raising the requisite level of knowledge to mount any tangible offence. You could argue that today we've flattened the disparity between the extremes, but we've also removed a lot of the tricks that didn't care how well your opponent cured, again exacerbating the challenge of learning an offence before you start seeing any success.
  • If Ashtan is GSW, does this mean @Farrah is Lebron
  • Ashtan isn't GSW now, mhaldor is, because I am David West. 
  • Hi @Darroth.

Also, I’ll never forget Mhaldorian @Dunn. Most frustrating kid ever back in the Qashar days. Would literally roll 20 deep to kill some kid then hide in guardhouse for the next 23 hours.

Also Achaean PK was always nerdy af, but now I think I would actually have to bully myself if I tried to get into it. RIP *enf/abs.

• We all grow up eventually

• Dunn said:
    We all grow up eventually
    Must we?
  • edited June 2018
    Hell no!  That's just cultural and social brainwashing man! #nevergrowup
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."