What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• Would you say your teeth are now down to the wire?
  • Minifie said:
    Would you say your teeth are now down to the wire?
    Some people can't appreciate this type of dental humor--I consider them our molar opposites.
  • Pain meds for braces wires?  Good lord, I have no idea why there is an opiod crisis...

• Xias said:
    Minifie said:
    Some people can't appreciate this type of dental humor--I consider them our molar opposites.
    aaah, such wisdom belongs on a plaque!
  • Minifie said:
    Xias said:
    Minifie said:
    aaah, such wisdom belongs on a plaque!
    You know, I had a good filling about this conversation.
  • Klendathu said:
    It's too early for this kind of talk, save it for two-thirty
    You mean tooth-thirty?
  • edited June 2018
    Xias said:
    Klendathu said:
    It's too early for this kind of talk, save it for two-thirty
    You mean tooth-thirty?
    No, he means two-thirty. Maybe that's an exclusively British joke? (One that doesn't really work in text; you're supposed to say "two-thirty" as "tooth-'urty".)
  • It's not a pun if you don't use the pun words i.e. "tooth hurty"
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Not my fault that none of you can speak the Queen's English. Cor blimey guv'nor, apples and pears, RICKAAAAAAAAI!

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Fun tip:

A dentist may refer to your '2-3' which happens to be your left upper incisor.

It goes 1 for upper right quadrant, 2 for upper left quadrant, 3 for lower left quadrant and 4 for lower right quadrant (yours). The specific tooth is then numbered from the middle, so your right lower wisdom would be 4-8.

At the dentist next time, say "My 3-6 is hurting something awful" and see how they react.
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

• edited June 2018
    That’s the European method of tooth numbering iirc. American Dental Association (and UK I guess) starts upper right with your wisdom tooth being “1” and counting to the other upper wisdom, which is 16. Tooth 17 is then your lower left wisdom and counts all the way to the right side again for 32. 

We Americans are annoyingly contrarian. 

• What are they gonna do if you've had a tooth knocked out?
  • If only you lived in a Theocracy where your power is unchallenged
  • Um... 

• Dunn said:
    That’s the European method of tooth numbering iirc. American Dental Association (and UK I guess) starts upper right with your wisdom tooth being “1” and counting to the other upper wisdom, which is 16. Tooth 17 is then your lower left wisdom and counts all the way to the right side again for 32. 

That is amazingly weird.
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

• I live in a theocracy and my power is still challenged! 

Oh wait, I read that wrong: I live in a theocracy and I’m mentally challenged!

:'( 
  • Tysandr said:
    Dunn said:

That is amazingly weird.
    I don't know what method my dentist uses, but when I had my checkup this week they just said "upper/lower left/right 1-8".
  • Caelan said:
    Pain meds for braces wires?  Good lord, I have no idea why there is an opiod crisis...

@Caelan by pain meds i meant ibuprofen. 

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • Aralaya said:
    Caelan said:
    Pain meds for braces wires?  Good lord, I have no idea why there is an opiod crisis...

I thought you meant ice cream.
  • Logged in for the first time since around 2013 according to the last news article I read.  Lots has changed it seems
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    @Nyneve the third person for the bagpipes is so obnoxious. I love mine and glad there’s a second set around now.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Aralaya said:
    Caelan said:

I assumed (what crazy dentist would give Oxy to a 14yr old for braces? :) ), sorry.. sardonic humor in txt fotmat .  It is just weird to me to hear Tylenol lumped in with a term I only ever hear regarding narcotics. 

• Caelan said:
    Aralaya said:
    Caelan said:

I assumed (what crazy dentist would give Oxy to a 14yr old for braces? :) ), sorry.. sardonic humor in txt fotmat .  It is just weird to me to hear Tylenol lumped in with a term I only ever hear regarding narcotics. 
    They actually sent me home with a bag of saline and some morphine

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • Morphine and Codine are both amazing.

• I had my wisdom teeth dobe by the Navy. I didnt get Darroth