ASHTAN IS THE GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

Comments

• edited June 2018
    Darroth said:
    Farrah said:
    Wtf. How can you have this much hate after not playing for years?

At least most of us rage about the present. (Fk u Ashtan)
    try leading a bunch of blind retarded cats into war against a vastly superior squad and then getting half your squad pitted and truenamed to death. It will bury a hole in your soul. 

I'm pretty sure I get truenamed an average of at least three times per day presently. I just like to think I'd forget about it after years of dormancy.

(Yeah, it still does 56% health damage and instant aeon through speed :( )
  • Spit those truths brother
  • Jovolo said:
    Spit those truths brother
    Spit on him, brudda.

• I more view them as the New York Yankees. Used to have a gigantic payroll and mostly beat everyone but never could quite seal the deal when it came to capture the flags. Now they've mostly forgot about that and are just training up new players...and still mostly beating everyone. 
  • @Darroth. I miss you baby.
  • Holy darroth it's darroth
  • Mama always says “darroth is as darroth does.”
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Bro Darroth, how can you forget @Kinilan @Tagg @Triak @Lianca @Askiva and a bunch of other fair-weather raiders.

Area wide kai chokes (for up to 40% dmg), area wide dopplegangers with all tarot abilities, entire teams of veils, insta earring, instant astralform, pit, chained bbt/bites/axk with blunt icon and a bunch of other crazy shit.

All you have to do is see how the skills are finally changed to know that entire period was a broken mess.

• AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    @dunn - You guys got back @Morthif, @Austere and @Jadys plus @Penwize, that's adding Ben Simmons, Embiid and Markellz Fultz and a lottery pick to Lebron James.

• edited June 2018
    Those times werent "broken".  It was like the Wild Wild West of Achaea.  Just like Al Anbar Province was in 2005.  Wouldnt change it at all.  Now it is just a cesspool.   Same w Iraq.

• Caelan said:
    Those times werent "broken".  It was like the Wild Wild West of Achaea.  Just like Al Anbar Province was in 2005.  Wouldnt change it at all.  Now it is just a cesspool.   Same w Iraq.
    Yes because getting staffcasted from the other side of the world, axk one shotting you if you EVER hit guard, dragon occies chaosrays killing half a raid in one balance, kaichoking from locked subs houses, knights dsling double loki at 1.7s with weak curing systems but doing immense damage, 100gp bloodroot. . .

If this is a cesspool now, then damn, must have been a Darroth before.
  • Nah, Tanris/Mizik/Terra were the OGs of that post Poergh era. 

Tanris and I in particular went IN on post Ovid grief.
  • Caelan said:
    Losing Sentinel axe stun really hurt you, eh? 
  • Reyson said:
    Caelan said:
    Reflexes meteors+lupine bow. Rip.
  • Rangor said:
    Reyson said:
    Caelan said:
    Reflexes meteors+lupine bow. Rip.
    Don't forget morph wyvern;ignite;incinerate target

• 0.8s handaxes ftw
  • edited June 2018
    Lol Axestun shittalk.  Still killed plenty of people without it.  

And yeah Minifie it was stuff like that (minus the roaming gank squads of cripplesex) that made the game fun. Everyone wants their safety blanket now and guarantees of this and that. Soft.

But yeah, definitely RIP reflexes.  Fo sho. 

• That did not make the game fun. It made the game stupid to be mehanically unable to defend certain things. If you think fixing those imbalances makes the game soft, that’s probably why you aren’t considered a great pker these days.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • edited June 2018
    I was half kidding.  And yes, it did make the game fun.  And dangerous. Also, that is a pretty stupid way to insult me. 

My guess would be Im bad at PK now because I JUST started learning the 1v1 aboht a month ago due to my limited time playing after coming back from 5 years of changes, and spending the majority of my time writing my curing..  but yeah, could also be because I have a fondness for the old Achaea *eye roll*

Do you even go here?

• Not meant as an insult at all

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Caelan I don't think you really understand how much of a leg up you had on people because of how broken Sentinel was, and how much your arties helped.

You had a full level 2/3 set when most people were lucky to have 3 trand skills and be level 70. You could literally type maul target 4 times and kill 90% of the game. Or you could throw your axe and kill 100% of the game from outside of the room with them being stunned until death. Or you could set up a noose trap and reflex arrow kill them by the time they could move out of the room.

You killed a shit ton of people and not many could kill you, but you weren't a skilled fighter.

Just like I can't claim to be skilled when I was 1 DSL killing people with huga axes.

• That kind of stuff made the game more fun in the sense that the skill barrier to PK was much lower because of the overpowered bullshit, so anybody with 0.5 clues could grab a fast axe as a Sentinel and become a legit threat. Or a pair of 250+ speed sabres/rapiers, etc.

That kind of stuff also made the game much less fun in the sense that sometimes you were just going to get obliterated by some fucker with a stungun and there was nothing you could do about it.

It almost always ends up being a net negative for the game because it ends up driving people away from the game. Why bother trying if half the game is going to be rolling stunaxes or 250 sabres?
  • edited June 2018
    I played well passed the nerf to axestun, and killed both Cypra and Rameus with no arties (when they were the best non-artied in game). Im not saying I was amazing, but come on..  Og course back then I also had two hands, two eyes, and could type 140wpm..

• edited June 2018
    "I AM UNTETHERED AND MY RAGE KNOWS NO BOUNDS!", Darroth, June 2018

Reference
    [spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • I feel like the game was at its most fun environment for combat just around the time Alchemist was released and the few years prior, maybe like 2010-2014. After that it just felt like everyone's systems caught up and it became a game of who could abuse their offence with artefacts/superior cording the most because defensive knowledge accounted for less. Purely anecdotal of course but I definitely just lost interest in trying anymore post 2015
  • idk about the rest but cypra was never the best pker wtf
  • Kiet said:
    idk about the rest but cypra was never the best pker wtf
    Yeah, meant just Rameus..  but Cypra I remember for her shit talking amd she had arties.  Just worded it wrong.  I remember I only beat Manu ONE time and it was like "Fuck it.. Im done.." lol.  I think Wulfen was the other who I had trouble with.  But most of the rest dern'tskerr me

• edited June 2018
    Nazihk said:
    ...Why bother trying if half the game is going to be rolling stunaxes or 250 sabres?
    WHAT CAN I SAYYYYY EXCEPT, "YOU'RE WELCOME"?

• Trey said:
    Nazihk said:
    ...Why bother trying if half the game is going to be rolling stunaxes or 250 sabres?
    WHAT CAN I SAYYYYY EXCEPT, "YOU'RE WELCOME"?
    I miss my 254 speed axe.
  • Just to play devil's advocate, how can we truly say that overpowered skills with certain arties drove people away from the game? People played Achaea a lot more back in the day when combat was somewhat broken. If anything it lowered the entry barrier and learning curve for a lot of people. I'm not saying that's better. I think the best thing about the "new" Achaea as far as the combat scene goes is all of the serverside implementations. Used to if you didn't have a properly configured Dumah's or ACP you were SOL.