Interested in earning 250 CREDITS??

I want to buy your god-mode coding prowess! I need a script that does the following:

- Works for multiple shops
- When I do WARES, outside the stockroom and using specific room numbers, the script will tell me what items are missing or have been sold, and how many of each item is needed in order to build up to a certain inventory count
- Saves that information, and displays it when I use aliases, even when outside the shop
- Resets once I use another alias to show that stocking is complete
- Fully customizable, in that I can alter inventory build-to lists and group counts

- Helps with stocking and pricing in general. Use your imagination here. If this is too much, I already have something that helps a little with it, and can get by with what I have (thanks @Rangor).

- Willing to send me a full script package, instead of simply posting code here that I don't understand how to implement.
- Willing to provide me with instructions on use. Patience is appreciated.

If you are interested, please let me know, and we can discuss the details.
Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

Comments

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    edited June 2018
    I have probably over 50% of that already, and could quite conceivably code up the rest. It's interspliced with the rest of my scripts, but extractable.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • This sounds really interesting. I may give it a try this weekend. 
  • Ok, here's what I came up with for a start. Package attached.

Install package and use SHOP command for instructions.

While in a shop do any of the following:
    SHOP SET - Sets the 'default' stock levels to compare against later
    SHOP WARES - Sets the current stock levels
    SHOP COMPARE - Compares default vs current and highlights differences

In the comparison screen you can click on a default value to modify it and rerun comparison

This will currently only work from a shop, but will keep track of multiple shops.

Let me know what you think! My first package project so I'm sure there is a bunch that could be improved. Any feedback is welcome!
  • Oh, also the "shop wares" command has a few other features you will notice.
    • links the item number to quickly probe (Credit to @Brenex)
    • links the item cost to quickly purchase (Credit to @Brenex)
    • Converts weapon stats to shorthand behind item
    • Converts armour stats to shorthand behind item
    • Calculates per item cost for groups
  • Is there a way to update individual items on the default list, without having to update the entire thing? I ask because sometimes items are added or removed, and I'd rather not have to go back through the entire list to change default values each time.
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• Yes, do SHOP COMPARE and then click on any of the blue links to update the default stock level.
  • However, I'm guessing the most efficient way would be to stock up the shop to whatever levels you want the defaults to be and then do SHOP SET, this will set the default stock levels to whatever the current stock levels are.
  • Thank you. This is almost exactly what I was looking for. You did very well with it.

Thanks!

• Awesome, well let me know if you have any questions or if you have any other ideas for it. I will probably get it so you can check the latest shop stock while not in the shop at some point as well.
  • Anyone want to earn a few credits?

I need this (thank you Rangor):

function shopdropandroll()<br> if gmcp.Char.Items.Add.location == "room" then<br>  if tonumber(gmcp.Room.Info.num) == tonumber(shopnumber) then <br>		echo("workinRoom")<br>	for k, v in pairs(shopListSpiders) do<br>		if k == gmcp.Char.Items.Add.item.name then<br>       send("price "..gmcp.Char.Items.Add.item.id.." "..shopListSpiders[gmcp.Char.Items.Add.item.name][1].." "..shopListSpiders[gmcp.Char.Items.Add.item.name][2])<br>		end<br>   end<br>  end<br>end<br>end

To work for multiple shops. I've narrowed the problem down to either the room numbers not being reset between shops, or the gmcp.Char.Items list not resetting. Generally, I go from one shop to the next to restock. Pricing has been a real headache.

Note that I've changed the shopList(shop) to reflect the different shops, and have item lists for each.

Thanks!

• Offering 60 credits for a working, pricing script that can be used in multiple shops! More, if need be.

Thanks!

Ismay said:
    Offering 60 credits for a working, pricing script that can be used in multiple shops! More, if need be.
    I gotchu. Lemme extract it from my other scripts. Full support in configuring will be supplied

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
    And now in your Inbox :)

• Plot twist - someone give me something that does this in zMUD. Credits/gold in it for you, etc

• AustereAustere Tennessee
    Trey said:
    Plot twist - someone give me something that does this in zMUD. Credits/gold in it for you, etc
    But why...