Quick Combat Questions

Comments

• Head fractures does give nausea instead of stupidity, yes.

What he means by relapsing is that the more fractures you have on that particular body part, the faster the associated affliction will tick or "relapse".
  • So if a 2h causes a level 2 break by natural means (causing enough limb damage), can they then devastate as a follow up if they have enough fractures to mangle the other leg? 

Also what skill do 2h have that sprawls you on a mangle. or do you automatically sprawl on any given mangle?
  • When you devastate you hit both legs, you can also devastate / upset or hew/upset I'm one balance as the upset is as class balance. 7 fractures on a leg and devastate/upset will give them 2 managed legs and stick their arse on the floor. 

Hit me up IG if you need any advice, there are plenty got us 2 handers around though.

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Damn phone and autocorrect but I think you get my point!

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Which intones from Terminus are used in PvP? Either 1v1 or raiding.
  • Tooros is the popular one.  I think maniaas or however it's spelled as well
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • edited May 2018
    Heila is bae. Groups will learn very quick to not try breathrain if they know you have heila.

Is also great in 1v1. Environ 4 lyf, also gives you access to balanceless burrow so you can burrow/move in the same bal.

• There are a lot of good intones. All of Conquest. All of Environmental (except the lvl 5 because it's weak and not worth two points). Litany and Gaiartha from Dominion. Thi and Fliennad from Longevity. All of Augmentation.
  • Severian card > litany tho :(

• Farrah said:
    There are a lot of good intones. All of Conquest. All of Environmental (except the lvl 5 because it's weak and not worth two points). Litany and Gaiartha from Dominion. Thi and Fliennad from Longevity. All of Augmentation.
    h E i L a I s B a E

• Dunn said:
    Severian card > litany tho :(

I hate that card so much. Now I never even know if my litany is failing because someone drew the card or if everyone in the particular group learned how to chase bal/cancel tumbles. :(

Litany was such a fun ability too.
  • Farrah said:
    Dunn said:
    Severian card > litany tho :(

Litany was such a troll ability too.
    FTFY
  • edited May 2018
    It really is/was awesome. Severian is a huuuuuge safety net for midbie heavy groups that don’t know how to react to litany. 

I can send you a tell when I draw it from now on. No worries!

• How do abilities that knock off balance work? Does the off balance stack while you are currently off balance or does it do nothing? (Epilepsy, daemonite, etc)
  • Overlaps.
  • Not quite sure what you mean by that
  • |------| 
       |------|
               |------|

If those were 3 disrupts, balance would be back at the end of the third.
  • Gotcha! Thanks
  • Does stun act the same way?
  • No. Stun doesn't overlap. Only the first stun will hit if you get hit with another while already stunned.

• Theoretical question, what's gonna stop another prep class from just running/flying/shielding on Kai banish, til they can remount again? By the time you rebuild 45 Kai, you'll probs be prepped

X shields -> Y does shield break kick/hfp left/right -> X shields --> Y kai cripples -> still needs to break shield

Y breaks arms for wrench arm/shield prevention -> X runs and remounts, Y needs bear stance rng 

I think the 45 Kai killgate is a bit silly when some classes are unmounted naturally, making the disparity of killing them vs those with silver spurs a lot more difficult without resorting to killing theirbmounts

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • I don't really care about whether kai surge (it's not banish anymore) costs more or less since, as you said, a lot of people fight unmounted anyway so things should be balanced against unmounted.

But monk has a lot of options. BRS is rng, sure, but there's nothing inherently wrong with that. Every momentum class relies on that kind of rng. It gets you the kill eventually if not first try.

Kai surge is also very fast in DRS iirc. So just doing it while they're off balance/eq before they can run is doable.

Monk has EGS for fly, so that's not really a counter, but also not sure why you'd bother flying vs monk.

Kai gain is also really fast against most classes (some elords were bugged and gave no kai iirc, idr if fixed) so it's not very hard to surge fairly often.

• JPK breaks too if you wanna channel your inner Bleak. 

• edited June 2018
    Newp, n/m

• edited June 2018
    I forgot which side cures first with two resto breaks? Even if the other was damaged first. Like, if you break left leg then right leg with two dsls, does the right limb still get cured first anyways?

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Left. 

• Are a pair of level one scimitars much better then forged, or does it take going up to level two to see an important difference on them? Not sure where they should be in terms of early artifact priorities.
  • Keorin said:
    Are a pair of level one scimitars much better then forged, or does it take going up to level two to see an important difference on them? Not sure where they should be in terms of early artifact priorities.
    From my experience they're about 0.1ish seconds faster, I would'nt say it would do much at all, but I'm pretty sure L2 is a much more size-able upgrade.

• .1s in the aff world is worth. 

• L1s are basically the only must-have in the DWC world, apart from a mount, imo.