Quick Questions

Comments

• @Klendathu - regarding the figurines for ship weapons. I emailed customisations@achaea.com to get my weapons done with iceless figurines. Dont know if thats possible with ingame commands. 
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    It has been years since I've had anything to do with things relating to High Clans, so in an effort to get caught up on any potential changes or have a better understanding, does anyone have information on the following matters?

- Can totems now be assigned to High Clans?
    - Can High Clans claim org assests such as clans, ships, shops?
       a) if so, is there a way to view these assets and their current condition and reclaim them if necessary (i.e. without needing to seek assistance via administration)?
    - Is it possible to set access to certain scrolls by rank?
    - Is it possible to have access to a specific rank maintained by clan dues?

Thank you for any information anyone feels willing to impart, whether here or via message.

• Has anyone noticed a marked change in the frequency of profitable seafaring trades? It was worth at least considering a trade once a week. I feel like it's certainly a lot less frequent than that now. Any thoughts?
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    edited May 2018
    Tysandr said:
    Has anyone noticed a marked change in the frequency of profitable seafaring trades? It was worth at least considering a trade once a week. I feel like it's certainly a lot less frequent than that now. Any thoughts?
    I've been tracking them since the beginning of April (missed two days in May due to having a few days away from Achaea for sanity):
    Reward Count
    Golden Gryphon 8
    25 bound credits 1
    Unmarked wooden crate 3
    Weapon ammunition 7
    Hollowed Skull 4
    5 bound credits 3
    Crew morale 13
    Black finned flare 5
    Crew experience 12
    75000gp 6
    a birdcage covered in a white cloth 3
    barrel of rum 9
    65000gp 4
    a seaworn pair of stone dice 2
    Striking sea captain's hat 6
    great Notic amulet 3
    Wicker basket containing a ginger kitten 4
    100000gp 1

None of the gold trades have been same harbour, and I've not included today's (20th May). Yesterday's 100k trade was good for me because I had three ships with cargo on, so I took the trade on all three and completed one, with a view to completing on the other two over the next couple of days.

The most demoralising days have been ones like 8th May:
    08-May-18 Thraasi Tasur'ke 6 tea Crew morale Ship
    08-May-18 Tasur'ke Tasur'ke 6 kawhe Crew morale Ship

Link to other thread discussing this in more detail.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • As somebody who doesn't do seafaring - and therefore doesn't do ship trades - why do people place such a high emphasis on "same harbour" trades?
  • It means you can "Accept" and "Complete" trades in just one harbor. So you can immediately complete like 3 or 4 trades in a row just sitting in one place, instead of having to sail back and forth between Thraasi and Tasurke
    Antonius said:
    As somebody who doesn't do seafaring - and therefore doesn't do ship trades - why do people place such a high emphasis on "same harbour" trades?
    For personal trades, an individual may only complete once per Serenade. However, they do not have to be the one who sails the cargo around. A canny sailor can fill their hold with multiple sets of cargo, do all of the sailing around to get the final cargo, then get third parties to accept and complete the trades. All trades start and end in either Thraasi or Tasur'ke. Because only one single trade can be active on a ship at any one time, if the trade is not same harbour, the sailor must get an individual to accept at one harbour, then wait for approximately 35 minutes while they sail to the other, then complete. Add in the extra cost of docking fees and the whole thing becomes much less profitable.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Plus, same-harbour trades make it less likely that pirates can sink you and make the whole 3 hour trip pointless.
     <3 
  • edited May 2018
    I swear whenever I went sailing with @Siduri our trips were barely even an hour long, let alone 3. And she did some pretty damn long ones. Where do people get this 3/4/5/6 hour nonsense from? do they afk a lot while sailing?

If you're going to Karbaz, I can see it being a 2 hour trip, but three? What are you sailing, a bathtub?

• I only ever started sailing after the Big Sea Shrubbing, so I dunno how the travel times were back then when things weren't fixed, but most of my trips have ranged from 1-3 hours.
     <3 
    Often depends on where you're going, what route you're taking, and what the weather and wind conditions are like. Routes can play a big factor too, as some have more stops than others, and out of the way ports such as Karbaz. The experience of your ship crew can help a great deal as well.

• edited May 2018
    I've never abused the shrubbing bug and I've never had trips take 3 hours unless we were taking a bunch of detours to get marques or fight people. I also skip Karbaz trades tho so maybe that's related lol.
  • Karbaz doesn't take two hours, let alone three. Even with a couple detours. Assuming you're coming from Tasur'ke, too.
    Average time from Tasur'ke to Thraasi, just as an example, is about 20 minutes. About the same down to a place such as Orilla. I did one last night from Tasur'ke > Orilla > Zanizbaar > Minos > Umbin > Thraasi and I think it only took maybe 1.5 hours (I was also multi-tasking during, and in no particular rush).

• Pyori said:
    I swear whenever I went sailing with @Siduri our trips were barely even an hour long, let alone 3. And she did some pretty damn long ones. Where do people get this 3/4/5/6 hour nonsense from? do they afk a lot while sailing?
    It really depended on the routes. And the company on board. Having someone to talk to helped me focus on piloting, otherwise I tended to get distracted and slowed down a lot.

I can confirm some of the trips were 3 hour affairs, if you weren't abusing the fine writings of Homeport back then. If you were, that was maybe an hour or so since it saved the round trip.

• Siduri said:
    Pyori said:
    It really depended on the routes. And the company on board. Having someone to talk to helped me focus on piloting, otherwise I tended to get distracted and slowed down a lot.

I can confirm some of the trips were 3 hour affairs, if you weren't abusing the fine writings of Homeport back then. If you were, that was maybe an hour or so since it saved the round trip.
    None of ours were!

• Is this a bug? My falcon was killed and when I falcon recalled, a russet one showed up. I didn't request one from a hatchery.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
    Is this a bug? My falcon was killed and when I falcon recalled, a russet one showed up. I didn't request one from a hatchery.
    If you had an uncollared falcon that was killed, and you didn't have to physically go request a new one, then possible. Does it have default stats?

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    That was the dead falcons mate/bff from sanctuary. It heard your whistle and the shared pain of loss drew it to you.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • edited May 2018
    Probably isn't gonna be a "quick" question, but I don't think it warrants its own thread... Pre-emptively will tag @Makarios and @Nicola in hopes they can weigh in on it.

Over the past three - four weeks I've been doing tests with Vodun leech, and it's gotten me curious on some things. This isn't a complaint, I'm legitimately wondering as to its limitations and nuances.

Tested with Thiev in Bard, Dragon and Serpent with every bashing artifact available barring mayan figurine and the plane-razing artifact. (no death cape, but that doesn't really affect his speed in the areas he bashes anyway)

To remove possible level limitations, this has been ran at every single level between 84-92 so far. Which is over double the experience needed, in terms of exp-per-level needed, over the course of that gap.

Areas tested (may have forgotten one or two).
     Iskadarr, Sirocco, Ulsyndar, Prin, Istarion (and Faliq'tor), Morindar, Dun Fortress, Tsol'aa village, Moghedu, Azdun (lv3 included), Tir Murann, Quartz Peak (both sides), Grukai, Battlesite. Only ones not tested have been Annwyn, Ilyrean and Karbaz to my knowledge since he has no way to get there.

For the results now that have gotten me curious... Between these levels tested, virtually no combination of the areas above have gained more than 3-3.5% over the duration of leech. It's been ~3% at level 84, and it's still ~3% all the way up until level 92 despite the massive increase in experience needed between those levels. Over the span of an hour (that's 3 rounds of leech lasting 20 minutes each), it worked out to roughly 10% per hour.

Comparatively, following in these areas (neither of us have elite active). Not included islands either for those bonuses, we worked it out to be around ~16.5-19% per hour which... doesn't really add up at all. With Nicator card active it jumps up to around ~20-24% or so per hour, which is in-line with the exp boost it provides. Haven't tested following Penwize lately, since he's not been around.

-- It struck me as rather curious, that it seemed to always cap out at roughly 3% regardless of the areas bashed, what level I was, and the times of day they were bashed in. I thought maybe it was Thiev bashing weirdly. I was willing to accept this until Penwize (who is 'dex capped' and has maya figurine as well) got around to playing again today, so I tested it out with him.
    You place your hand over the heart of the doll and concentrate on merging its essence with yours.
    You tell Penwize, "Is up."
    [5338h 99m] (eckdb) - (87.1%) 19:33:24:385

Your doll has stopped leeching experience.
    [5338h 100m] (exckdb) - (90.5%) 19:53:33:262
    ---> Tested in Zanzibaar and Fissure of Echoes.

Next time.

You place your hand over the heart of the doll and concentrate on merging its essence with yours.
    [5338h 88m] (eckdb) - (90.5%) 19:56:17:898
    You tell Penwize, "Leech activated. Started at 90.5%."
    [5338h 88m] (eckdb) - (90.5%) 19:56:18:242

Your doll has stopped leeching experience.
    [5338h 100m] (exckdb) - (93.8%) 20:16:26:111
    ---> Tested in Prin and Fissure of Echoes.

Basically my question is this: I'm fairly sure no exp modifiers contribute to vodun leech, this has been all but confirmed with island bonuses, orbs of golden glass, profithyst, life enhancement as well as during the great hunt. Nothing increased it above the aforementioned values. Is there a hard percentage cap on how much you can gain per leech? If exp modifiers do indeed contribute to leech, then it doesn't seem to push it over this cap either.

To clarify, it's free experience that I don't have to do anything for, that can be stacked with multiple people. I'm certainly not complaining about its existence. I'm just curious if there's any real point in the person bashing harder areas like Sirocco or Fissure for a greater amount of experience... When it doesn't seem to give any more experience than something like Moghedu or Dun Fortress.

• Never been shaman, but the first thought that I had was that leech should be capped. 

Would be obnoxious to have a level 30 shaman only learn vodun and and hit level 80 within a few hours all because of one ability
  • edited May 2018
    Dairon said:
    Never been shaman, but the first thought that I had was that leech should be capped. 

Would be obnoxious to have a level 30 shaman only learn vodun and and hit level 80 within a few hours all because of one ability
    You could pay any top-tier basher 1/5 the credits it takes to get to leech, and get 80 within a few hours. :p

I don't disagree that it should be, given you can leech multiple people at once. Just seems weird that it's a flat ~3.5% regardless of level if it is indeed capped. It's a random number to have it capped at.

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Dairon said:
    Never been shaman, but the first thought that I had was that leech should be capped. 

Why would it be obnoxious that a shaman uses a shaman ability to level fast? 

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• edited May 2018
    Shirszae said:
    Dairon said:

To go off of this... They're also gonna be blockading themselves if they purely focus on Vodun without anything else. So I'm not sure it's a very stellar argument to be making. The Shaman can just as easily learn to trans curses and get to 80 in a slightly longer time. Or pretty much any other class. Bashing to 80 as literally anything doesn't take 1/3 of the time that it used to.

None of this was the point of my post, though. I'm curious as to why such important information is left out, is all. (if it is indeed capped)

• Shirszae said:
    Dairon said:

I'm not saying a shaman using a shaman ability is obnoxious. I'm saying that one unbalanced ability has the possibility of being obnoxious. 
    Of course, it isn't the case here since the experience is capped. 

@Pyori I agree, 3.5% seems like an arbitrary number. 

• If you buy a class slot, will you still earn another upon reaching the next level requirement? I've asked a few friends this, but no one knows for sure. Thanks.
  • Was thinking of working Boinad into my hunting. Looks like it is only really useful if there is more than 1 target and you use it on the one you aren't hitting. Is that correct?