Mudlet 2 and Crowdmap

I've just updated to the newest version of mudlet and tried turning on crowdmap for the mudlet mapper. However, it shows this error message:

(mapper): Map downloaded, loading it in...
(mapper): Locking all wormholes...
(mapper): Locked 0 known wormholes.
(mapper): Unlocking all sewer grates...
(mapper): Unlocked 0 known sewer grates.
(mapper): Sorry, it seems your Mudlet isn't compatible with the new crowdmap format - and the map 
cannot be loaded fully. Please update your Mudlet:

and the link says it's not an issue in the new version of Mudlet. Anyone have an idea of what the problem is?
Bleh, work ate my gaming life.
내가 제일 잘 나가!!!111!!1

Comments

• I had the same issue, then I uninstalled and reinstalled mudlet and it fixed itself.
    meh

• Are you certainly running 2.0 final?
  • SherazadSherazad Planef Urth
    :S That is so weird. I restarted Mudlet again this morning and it magically fixed itself!

내가 제일 잘 나가!!!111!!1

• Methinks you weren't actually running 2.0, then. There are no problems running the current mudlet with the current crowdmap.
    edited January 2013
    Nah, it was 2.0. I had it updated before doing that mudlet mapper thingy. 

EDIT: I like how the new mudlet aligns the text again! Whoo!
    내가 제일 잘 나가!!!111!!1

• LiancaLianca Fire and Spice
    Mini hijack of the thread here.

Does anyone know what the deal is with mudlet crashing when the map is open when entering subdivision, wilderness or the new poker room?

It happens to me without fail, unless I close the mapper before entering wilderness/subs/poker table room.
    The sweltering heat of the forge spills out across the land as the rumbling voice of Phaestus booms, "I want you to know, the Garden reaction to that one is: What?"
    The voice of Melantha, Goddess of the Seasons, echoes amid the rustle of leaves, "That's the censored version."
  • Could you export the map (settings - mapper - save map) and attach it here or elsewhere?

I haven't got the issue, but some others that I heard are. Not sure what's up, but looking at the map file you're using might help.
    Here's mine. 

내가 제일 잘 나가!!!111!!1

• Do you have any problems walking about?
    I don't have any problems right now xD. It's just when I make a new profile and add mudlet mapper (I delete the one built in the new profile, I've no idea if it's the ire mapper too), and try to update, it shows the error message. It only goes away if I restart mudlet.
    내가 제일 잘 나가!!!111!!1

Lianca said:
    Mini hijack of the thread here.

Does anyone know what the deal is with mudlet crashing when the map is open when entering subdivision, wilderness or the new poker room?

It happens to me without fail, unless I close the mapper before entering wilderness/subs/poker table room.
    Sorry, I haven't experienced that. Maybe it's in the error thingy or sumfin >.>
    내가 제일 잘 나가!!!111!!1

• OK, would need a map from Lianca or anyone else who has issues walking.
  • @Lianca it's totally been happening to me, too!
    I'll probably be shifting over to Starmourn, seeya there!
    discord: aciidwire#5240
    Please check out my new art page!

• Could you export the map (settings - mapper - save map) and attach it here or elsewhere?
  • Here's my map.

• Alright, thanks. I checked it out and didn't really see anything wrong with it, no issues walking around either.

Upgrade to Mudlet 2.1, restart Mudlet so it says 2.1 on top. Then type rl and click on force map. When it downloads the map, visit the wilderness - does it happen still?

If it does, try going to settings, mapper, and load this map in. Is it still a problem then?

I encourage anyone else reading this with problems to try this out and post feedback here. If you know someone who is affected, tell them about this as well. I want to get this fixed asap!
  • Looks good now! Thanks :)

• Brilliant. Which step was it good after, so I know which thing did it?
    edited January 2013
    I did the rl, force map step and now don't crash when entering wilderness or the subdivision (although the wilderness/subs map doesn't show in the mapper console.) I still crap out when entering the Thera poker room. Will load up the new map and see in a moment, and let you know!

Update!
    Loading the map from the link fixes my crashing in the poker room, and the maps show in the console when entering wilderness and subdivision now too!
    The sweltering heat of the forge spills out across the land as the rumbling voice of Phaestus booms, "I want you to know, the Garden reaction to that one is: What?"
    The voice of Melantha, Goddess of the Seasons, echoes amid the rustle of leaves, "That's the censored version."
  • I see. I'm suspecting at this point then that map autodownload and force map, from the link it downloads, is giving you a corrupted map. Loading the same map that was downloaded from elsewhere is OK it seems for at least two people so far (and not ok for anyone).
  • No problems for two days, I take it everything is okay?
    Map works fine! I'm laggy as all hell, mudlet freezes up for a few minutes and then I'll get a giant scroll of spam usually including my death somewhere in there. But that might be more related to a 2001 computer with less RAM than my calculator.
  • edited January 2013
    Could be - what does your S: number bottom right say?

Try also also reducing how many lines it'll keep in the scrollback, less lines would mean less memory. Make a new script and put this in it:

setConsoleBufferSize("main", 10000, 100)

S: ranges from 0.020 - 0.120

I'll try the scrollback reduction too, thanks!!
  • You might want to work out why does it go up to 0.120 - see which scripts are causing that (and complain to appropriate authors).
    The S: 0.120 wasn't even when doing something, just the highest of the range of numbers when I lean on enter to spam my prompt. The catchup when I do freeze comes so fast that I can't get a bead on what the number is in one of the freezeup times.
  • Maybe a lot of scripts going off on the prompt, dunno. Debug will show you which triggers matched and comparatively, how long they took.
  • edited January 2013

Going to Arcadia is broken, but only with wormholes. 

EDIT:  trip back is a different path, but broke too (only a problem with wormholes, again).

Not at all, my coding knowledge is very basic.
    I don't think I have a single script that saves to a file.
    This is a copy of the debug from a S: 0.120 after hitting enter a time or two but sending nothing:

new line arrived:4451h, 5263m, 22330e, 17890w cexkb-

LUA OK script Prompt (trigger337condition0) ran without errors
    Trigger name=Prompt(if isPrompt() then return true else svo.paragraph_length = svo.paragraph_length
    + 1 return false end) matched.
    LUA OK script Prompt (Trigger337) ran without errors
    Trigger name=Capture flags(([a-zA-Z@]*)(?:\<.*\>)?(?: Vote)?-) matched.
    capture group #1 = <cexkb->
    capture group #2 = <cexkb>
    LUA OK script Capture flags (Trigger338) ran without errors
    Trigger name=Eq(e) matched.
    LUA OK script Eq (Trigger339) ran without errors
    Trigger name=Balance(x) matched.
    LUA OK script Balance (Trigger340) ran without errors
    Trigger name=Blind(b) matched.
    LUA OK script Blind (Trigger341) ran without errors
    Trigger name=Kola(k) matched.
    LUA OK script Kola (Trigger343) ran without errors
    Trigger name=Cloak(c) matched.
    LUA OK script Cloak (Trigger344) ran without errors
    LUA OK script Do stuffs. (trigger347condition0) ran without errors
    Trigger name=Do stuffs.(return true) matched.

line under current user cursor: 265#:4451h, 5263m, 22330e, 17890w cexkb-
    P_begin(0/265), P_end(35/265) selectedText = 4451h, 5263m, 22330e, 17890w cexkb-

line under current user cursor: 265#:4451h, 5263m, 22330e, 17890w cexkb-
    P_begin(0/265), P_end(35/265) selectedText = 4451h, 5263m, 22330e, 17890w cexkb-

line under current user cursor: 265#:
    P_begin(-1/265), P_end(-1/265) selectedText =
    LUA OK script Do stuffs. (Trigger347) ran without errors
    LUA OK script Leighann's svo bashing triggers (trigger1506condition0) ran without errors
    Trigger name=Leighann's svo bashing triggers(return gmcp.Room and true or false) matched.
    LUA OK script Leighann's svo bashing triggers (Trigger1506) ran without errors
    LUA OK script Aalen (trigger1507condition0) ran without errors
    LUA OK script Ageiro (trigger1509condition0) ran without errors
    LUA OK script Azdun (trigger1515condition0) ran without errors
    LUA OK script Belladona's Keep (trigger1517condition0) ran without errors
    LUA OK script Dun Fortress (trigger1519condition0) ran without errors
    LUA OK script Harae (trigger1521condition0) ran without errors
    LUA OK script Hthrak (trigger1523condition0) ran without errors
    LUA OK script Moghedu (trigger1526condition0) ran without errors
    LUA OK script Tapoa (trigger1529condition0) ran without errors
    LUA OK script Tir Murann (trigger1531condition0) ran without errors
    Trigger name=backspace remover(\b) matched.

line under current user cursor: 265#:4451h, 5263m, 100e, 80w, ex||cbk- Rank:60 22:45:18.578
    LUA OK script backspace remover (Trigger2039) ran without errors
    LUA OK script prompt (trigger2092condition0) ran without errors
    Trigger name=prompt(return isPrompt()) matched.
    LUA OK script prompt (Trigger2092) ran without errors