Preparation for Combat and Hunting

Hello. I'm a new magi player and also new to Achaea. I would like to know how experienced players prepare for hunting and combat. I mean everything. Skills (all class skills trans), herbs, minerals, elixirs, salves etc... Think that I know nothing. (it's not that hard because I really know nothing:) thank you

Comments

• Well, you're level 60 and in the Scions and Eleusis. So you shouldnt definitely have any problems asking in the game through Eleusis and the Scions, right?

But in any case, as Magi your stuff scales with intelligence. Your diamondarmor, your staffcasts (or firelash), and so forth. You want to make sure you have every possible herb in case you go somewhere you could be afflicted, and make sure you have a large reserve of irid moss (that heals both health and mana) and that you have a full set of tattoos (shield, tree, cloak, mindseye, boar, moss/moon) and then ask your Minister of War or any of the aides (seen through AIDES WAR) to go over what they would like to see you do in group fights with the skills you have available to you.

Finding a hunting place depends very much on you. A lot of people hunt Manara until level 80, some go to Arcadia, some do Enverren, or manage to get to Meropis.

Really, you could get all this information in the game, and since you're already a high level and in a House and part of a City, I'd highly suggest asking your House mentor or asking CT.

(Eleusis also has a newbie clan, I believe. Or you can get inducted to the Eleusian Rangers?)
  • edited May 2018
    Yes, definitely can get help in game. Sometimes we miss people, because sooooo many newbies come through it's hard to keep up at times - but holler at me in game and I'd be more than happy to help. Or just ask on CT or HNT!

There is a novice clan you can ask about, and the Eleusian Rangers is the combat clan.
  • Of course I can ask in that channels, houses and etc. But what is the problem asking it in here? May be I want to hear the suggestions from different magi from different cities. Magi is a very rare class in my village and I don't want to disturb SAME helpful people with my endless questions. I don't think it will be such a problem to ask it in here. Sorry...

And also I didn't ask which herbs and tattoos should I have (I have all the stuff) , where should i go for levelling etc. I mean "before going to hunt (or combat) cast (these) spells at yourself, eat (these) herbs, sip (these) elixirs" etc. Thanks again.
  • People generally recommend asking your city because at the end of the day this is an RP game. Asking on forums gets answers, normally, but you don't build the RP repertoire with your citymates/housemates.
  • curatives and tattoos are global, anyone from any class is gonna have basically the same answers
  • Solnir said:
    People generally recommend asking your city because at the end of the day this is an RP game. Asking on forums gets answers, normally, but you don't build the RP repertoire with your citymates/housemates.
    The problem with asking Eleusis for combat advice is that you end up getting combat advice from Eleusians. 

Just saying.
  • Even a non-com knows the types of vials tho
  • Nazihk said:
    Solnir said:
    People generally recommend asking your city because at the end of the day this is an RP game. Asking on forums gets answers, normally, but you don't build the RP repertoire with your citymates/housemates.
    The problem with asking Eleusis for combat advice is that you end up getting combat advice from Eleusians. 

Just saying.
    Lets keep the sass to a minimum for the true newbies. Their MoW is part of a war effort against Hashan right now, and they win a few skirmishes. So I'm sure they 100% know how to help someone who's looking to assist in group or single combat. 

You also have CLASSWHO available to you, Nai, to ask different Magi. Just expect some factional RP to hit you if you ask a Mhaldorian, for example. Though I know Aegoth loves most Magis and can give them some advice.

Most people 'prepare' for combat by:
    Putting up rebounding, applying mass, touching shield, and activating class defenses that take balance. You do this manually so that in case you revive/starburst you arent sitting there for 20 seconds putting up defenses. 

For hunting, most people keep their rebounding down, get hunting runes from Runewardens, and just go out to areas and hunts. Just make sure you have all your curatives in order, lots of health and moss, and an idea or goal of what you want to do. Sometimes you die a lot and its frustrating to set an 'experience goal' so maybe set yourself a gold goal for how much you want to earn. Or set a time limit.

But I do highly suggest asking Eleusis and the Scions, no one should snap at you for asking 'endless' questions. We all like having someone new here!
  • edited May 2018
    It’s completely fine to ask here on forums. I think the consensus is that if you rely on the forums for your questions TOO much you will miss out on some great ways of meeting people and making contacts and friends.

The basics for hunting are that you will want to do one major stock up - including all curatives and tattoos. Then, each time you set out to hunt, check your health, Moss and mana quantities in your rift, double check for any faded tattoos (usually boar, Moss, and your megalith), ask for runes over ct, ht, or market - then head out! 

Most cities will have a hunting locations scroll though I would suggest writing your favorite hunting areas down in a notepad file. Check for something like chelp hunting (not a forest dweller so idk). 

Some of the non artifact things that will help you as you go further into the game, while hunting, are things like getting a mount (lowers damage and let’s you move around areas faster), buying things like lucky or rare minerals to gain extra benefits, and eventually a ship or a friend to sail you to some of the more advantageous hunting areas.

best of luck!
  • That's exactly what I was looking for. Thank you for your detailed explanations. I asked the same question in eleusian rangers. They also helped me too much. Especially Djenn. Thank you all.
  • Runes from a runewarden. Blessing from a Druid. Rare minerals if you have spare gold and want a big boost to hunting speed. Ask on CT if you can borrow hunting arties from someone.