Quick Combat Questions

Comments

• It's very strong, but few people play as it or against it at a very high level. It has very high potential, but the level that it's played at typically, it can be beaten. I'd say with your level of arties, it would be fairly easy to get to a level where you can beat most people, but you would need to work hard to get to the point where you can beat savvy, highly-skilled opponents who understand the class, but if you do work hard enough, you can beat them because the class has no momentum execution setups that are very hard to escape from (that no one uses because they get to a point where they can just beat people without much effort and just stop there).
  • Good information! and I lied about the last question. Is the Shikudo staff two-handed, or can you wield a shield with it?
  • Stickmonk is great! Potential on both str and int. I'd say that str is better for 1v1 stuff, but Int is a lot of fun in groups. Staff is 2h!
  • I think stickmonk is a pretty cool guy. eh breaks and afflicts fast, hits hard and doesn't afraid of anything.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • edited May 2018
    I think stickmonk is a pretty cool guy. eh breaks and afflicts fast, hits hard and doesn't afraid of anything.
    Don't forget the part where if they have accurate breakpoints, they can choose to just not do further limb damage while continuing to smack said limb with their staff.

Also its damage is a lot more manageable now, if you know how they work. I don't think the affs are all that overbearing, either. Kinda shit to fight them as Shaman, but that's just because lethargy+clumsy will ruin your day.

• edited May 2018
    How hard was the damage nerf anyway? Level 3 stickmonk used to hit as hard as DWB (blackout+par/clumsy/lethargy is strong too) - https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/zLxJNWh6 (with fullplate, messed up finisher)

I remember the first few times fighting stikudo, against Puxi and got outdamaged under 30 secs for 4-6 fights because I forgot to wear fullplate/didn't set up random arm switch parrying yet/eihwaz runeblade lol

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

• Oh hey it's me! That day we fought like 4-5 times, I was completely out of willpower at the end.
  • Your blackout threw off my legcount by 1 and in general :neutral:

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

• I've found sawbones immeasurably useful on classes that don't have predict. You'd think you wouldn't need it on a class that preps in 3 hits with no exceptions, but the number of times its saved me from having to guess whether someone cured torso or not, or whether a limb reset, has been well worth it.
  • Can you touch shield while paralysed?
  • Yes.  

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Is that new? Idr a time you could shield while paralyzed but I could be noobing
  • No, not new at all. Has been the case for at least ten years.
  • Has been the case as long as I've played.

• Idk why I thought that it did, thanks guys
  • If you ever played Imperian, paralysis stopped shield there. Could be what you are thinking of.
  • Paralysis used to stop touching shield in Achaea, it's been a very long time since that was a thing though. It certainly dates you if you do remember that.
  • Yeah I played 15 years ago when guilds were a thing. It's like a whole new game now. It's nice though.
  • Cooper said:
    Has been the case as long as I've played.

Given you were the second person I ever met in Achaea (killed me walking from Minia with my mentor on day 1)...  you may be misremembering (or just using hyperbole).

• Can you writhe transfix and impale at the same time?
  • If you get impaled after you've already started writhing from transfix, should be possible.
  • Antonius said:
    If you get impaled after you've already started writhing from transfix, should be possible.
    And if both were to happen simultaneously?
  • I thought you could 'writhe' for transfix and 'writhe off' for impale all the time, even if transfixed?

• As far as I know, there's just one command, WRITHE; WRITHE OFF isn't a thing.
  • I haven't tested this for over ten years when I was writing my own system for zMUD, but I don't believe things have changed.

There are five tiers of writhe affliction: webbed, roped, bound, transfixed, and impaled. WRITHE will start writhing out of the highest tier affliction you have. However, any already started lower tier writhes will still complete.
  • Would anyone be able to explain 2h combat to me? I had a run in with a 2h in game and we fought several times, and I've got some questions about the knight spec.

1) what exactly does each different fracture do?

2)is there a cap to how many fractures each limb can take?

3) does the 2h need a certain number of fractures to do special follow ups (like alchemist humors)

4) does passive curing cure fractures or does only apply health work for them?

Thank you
  • Thoros said:
    Would anyone be able to explain 2h combat to me? I had a run in with a 2h in game and we fought several times, and I've got some questions about the knight spec.

1) what exactly does each different fracture do?

2)is there a cap to how many fractures each limb can take?

3) does the 2h need a certain number of fractures to do special follow ups (like alchemist humors)

4) does passive curing cure fractures or does only apply health work for them?

Thank you
    1) head fractures relapse stupidity and increases sip/moss balance

Torso fractures relapse sensitivity and decreases sip and moss amounts

Arm fractures relapse lethargt

Leg fractures relapse clumsiness and give movement hindering (5% proc chance iirc)

Each relapse occures faster the more fracture to have (iirc 8 sec on 1 fracture and 1 second at 7 fractures)

2)7 fractures is the limit on head torso arms and legs. Legs and arms count as a whole instead of left/right

3)1-3 fractures cause a level 1 break(damaged). 4-5 causes level 2 (broken) and 6-7 causes a level 3 (mangled), when they devastate arms or legs. They cannot devastate torso or head and need to hit you to break them

4) passive curing and tree cures 1 level of fractures. If you have more than 5 it cures 2 levels, same as applying health to limbs

• Head fractures relapse nausea, iirc.

• This is awesome, thank you. 

By relapse, do they have to afflict you with the relapsing affliction via a venom or do they automatically afflict you with the relapsing affliction on hit ?