which elemental lord?

2»

Answers

• I wonder if insta kill after X brand charges would be good
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • Torinn said:
    I wonder if insta kill after X brand charges would be good
    You mean Air Lord?
  • Then it wouldn't be a damage class, which is the whole point.
  • Burst class was the term used, not damage. Of which Shikudo has plenty of; enough to kill people with.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• I'm responding to the posts above mine. Unsure what Shikudo has to do with that...
  • edited April 2018
    I feel like fire lord is always going to struggle so long as it keeps being solely damage based, short of being purely percent damage and having a way to negate regen, just because of how combat mechanics work. Other classes that deal heavily in health damage, like 2h or DW, work far better because they can pressure balances and work in other strategies.

If it were up to me, I'd move brand's cure to salve balance, and give them something akin to magi's burn stacking as an alternate path, so that they aren't solely fixated on health damage pressure and have some way to punish an opponent's curing choices.

That said, going fire lord was great for roleplay, so I don't imagine I'll ever give it up.
  • Exactly.  Damaged based stuff has too many counters.
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • That's... actually not a bad idea... @Makarios?
  • What level is the best for starting towards elemental lord? And what do you do If you want to switch factions. I had previously chosen fire but I'm leaming towards air now.
  • Selto said:
    What level is the best for starting towards elemental lord? And what do you do If you want to switch factions. I had previously chosen fire but I'm leaming towards air now.
    At least 80 for maximum health. And you need good citymates to help you get through the tough mobs.