A Collection of Stories

JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
edited April 2013 in The Blank Canvas
So I've written a number of stories of varying length for Achaea so far, and I like sharing them for people to read and critique. I thought that it might be better to simply make one topic for them and post all the stories in one Pastebin for whoever wants to read them, so to avoid spamming the forums with a different topic for every single story I might write. 

I actually can't believe I've written 13 stories at time of this post - and that's only the stories I'm willing to share, I've also written a number of other stories that I've just never published. I must have a lot of free time or something.

Anyway, the stories pasted here are all roughly in chronological order, earliest written at the bottom and most recent at the top (well, the Naga favour story is supposed to be much earlier, but I almost forgot about it because it's not in my other pastebin). If I add any new stories, I'll just paste them here with the link.

There are two new stories in there that I've not published here on the forums before (A Battle of Wits and An Honest Prophet's Return), but I figure it's relatively safe now. As for the others, they've all made an appearance on the forums before, either old or new. I just thought it would be handy to group them all up into one place, so it's easy if you ever have nothing to do and want something to read!

As a general statement, yes, most of the stories will be from a Mhaldorian perspective (since that's where I spend most of my time) and yes, most of them have some element of truth to it - but how much, I'll never really say. Half the fun is in guessing! (And it stops people from bringing anything IC too, since you're going to look pretty stupid if you take something that may never really have happened IG!)

Anyway, enough rambling. Enjoy!

If you like my stories, you can find them here:
Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

Comments

• JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    edited April 2013
    Some commentary for both A Battle of Wills and An Honest Prophet's Return:

For A Battle of Wills, this was one of those slice-of-life stories that I just felt like writing, because I could see it playing out in my mind and I was itching to get it down on Notepad. It's not really a major battle or event or anything, it was just fun to imagine and write and so I did. Thanks, of course, to the involved individuals.

An Honest Prophet's Return was difficult to write, because I was experimenting with yet another different style of writing - I was trying to interweave the thoughts and point of view of three different characters into one story, almost like the movie Vantage Point - one storyline, but different points of view to get the real picture. It took so long, it was ridiculous - and I'm not yet entirely sure I'm completely happy with it, but it's written now and I don't want to touch it any more for the moment. <_< It's probably only interesting for Mhaldorians, and is intended as a sort of ending to An Invitation to Ashtan and A Conversation upon the Ramparts. Thanks also of course to the people involved, without whom the story would not be.

I'm never really sure if people like/read these explanations/comments on the stories, I just like explaining the thought process behind it. If it's tl;dr, links are in titles at the top! :P

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• XerXer Langley
    Yay! Everything in one spot! (As if I didn't already have them all saved in one folder :P)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
  • "A Battle of Wills" was awesome. I don't know from your comment whether that conversation was real or not, but I can totally imagine a lot of those words coming out of Corb's mouth. Trying to imply Jira is already a Nihilist to get him ousted and converted, very nice.

I also remember sniping him in your shop. : D

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • Good stuff :)
    (Party): Mizik says, "This can't possibly go wrong."
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    edited April 2013
    An Honest Prophet's Return. I said it before, but I absolutely <3 the writing style, and I think it captured the characters quite accurately, from personality to thoughts and to their interactions with each other.
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• I look forward to reading these, added to my queue :D Thanks!
    It's been a while, and I felt like writing. Nothing particularly big, just some light-hearted entertainment. Well, for us. :P The person in this story knows who he is. All in good fun!

edited July 2013
    Blergh, wrong link to the above.

There isn't really much to say about this story, just a more light-hearted slice of life sort of piece rather than an epic narrative. Parts of this actually happened, though, which made me laugh. It was fun!

• RuthRuth Singapore
    Bet it's the 'asking for a good luck peck' that's true!

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    @Jurixe, write the sequel already!
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• RuthRuth Singapore
    Hexen is such a wuss. Fainting after all that. All that being said, I like it!

Aww, that's really kind of you to say. It'd never work though because all I ever write about is Achaea :D

• @Jurixe, your stories are awesome. You know which one is my favorite still, and we should finish the other!

• @Jurixe write a book based in the achaean world then. :P Don't see why Iron Realms wouldn't let you. Free publicity for them if you acknowledge where the world is from!

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• 'Picking Flowers' the Mhaldorian way. Didn't expect it, but sweetly surprising!

• I loved your story, @Jurixe. You so much retranscribed well the Mhaldorian ambiance. And, my only Logosmas presents were enemy decapited heads. :)

I'm kind of recycling old stories I've written at the moment, to tell you the truth, but I came across this one that I wrote a whole year ago and I just thought I'd share for those that want to read it. If you've read it before, just bear with me!

As far as plot goes, this isn't very interesting or action-packed. It's just a conversation between two Mhaldorians. However, it stuck in my head due to the depth of emotion that was conveyed despite its complete impromptuness (I know it's not a word). I find emotion to be one of the most interesting things to attempt to convey and evoke in readers, particularly when the subject is one who has been conditioned to think that emotion is weak, and I suppose this is part of my exploring that conflict of trained behaviour with mortal nature. (wow didn't that sound technical!)

Anyway, for your reading pleasure:

The Aftermath of Betrayal

• @Jurixe that Mhaldorian anxiety is ....gorgeously captured in that story. Beautifully written.

• RuthRuth Singapore

Needs more shit-eating grins!

• edited August 2014
    Very nice!

Jurixe said:

For a long moment, the only sound that filled the air in the secluded clearing were the harsh pants for breath, both figures trembling from their exertions, steam almost visibly rising from their figures.

I'm so mature.

• Jurixe said:
    It has been a long, long time since I've submitted anything to Bardics. I don't do very well with themes. I'd tried half-heartedly to write something earlier, but it wasn't very compelling, and I didn't feel very inspired.

Then the KoTHs happened. And in two days, I produced this mammoth piece. I say mammoth because I was writing almost non-stop for two days, and only barely finished it in time. The story took on a life of its own and ran away from me. I don't ever want to do that again! (I probably will.)

If you are familiar with my writing, you know that my work is always about 80% based on real events and real people, 20% is embellished. Which parts are which are up to you to decide.

If you plan on reading this, settle in for the long haul. I hope you enjoy. Thanks goes to those who supplied the inspiration and material for this piece.

Kings of the Hill

Tell me you submitted this

Aegoth said:
    Jurixe said:
    It has been a long, long time since I've submitted anything to Bardics. I don't do very well with themes. I'd tried half-heartedly to write something earlier, but it wasn't very compelling, and I didn't feel very inspired.

Then the KoTHs happened. And in two days, I produced this mammoth piece. I say mammoth because I was writing almost non-stop for two days, and only barely finished it in time. The story took on a life of its own and ran away from me. I don't ever want to do that again! (I probably will.)

If you are familiar with my writing, you know that my work is always about 80% based on real events and real people, 20% is embellished. Which parts are which are up to you to decide.

If you plan on reading this, settle in for the long haul. I hope you enjoy. Thanks goes to those who supplied the inspiration and material for this piece.

Kings of the Hill

Tell me you submitted this

I did indeed. Just under two hours before the deadline closed. Then I crashed because I hadn't slept all night!

• I love your depiction of recite epic.
    edited May 2018
    Farrah said:
    I love your depiction of recite epic.
    Some of the most fun I have in writing Achaean stories is thinking about how certain skills would be depicted in a story's flow, which is why I like writing about combat. So much to work with!

Writing about your olive branch was fun too!