For all you stat padders - RANKINGS KDR

*******************[ Adventurer kill/death ratio rankings ]********************
Rank     Name                                KDR                                
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#1       Gattan'bahar                        103.00
#2       Ibn                                 28.00
#3       Dia                                 9.00
#4       Lorenzo                             8.00
#5       Vardoulacha                         6.00
#6       Brindolyn                           6.00
#7       Pyori                               5.50
#8       Medeia                              5.00
#9       Elsi                                5.00
#10      Niln                                5.00
#11      Stefiona                            5.00
#12      Vexilte                             5.00
#13      Profit                              4.27
#14      Riza                                4.00
#15      Garnal                              4.00
#16      Hyano                               3.86
#17      Kristi                              3.66
#18      Landon                              3.64
#19      Calira                              3.47
#20      Jarrel                              3.46
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you where you thought? Are you surprised? What lame tactics are you going to start doing to overtake GB?
Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

Comments

• Being Top 10 on the list should make you openPK.
  • Ten bucks says Gattan'bahar was playing DW or some cheesy shit like that. 
  • *looks at gold phials*
  • Is there a minimum kill or death count to make the list?
  • edited May 2018
    Zheo said:
    Is there a minimum kill or death count to make the list?
    You need at least 1 kill, and 0 deaths is treated as 1 death to avoid infinite/undefined KDRs. And the usual ranking restrictions should also apply (e.g., no newbies, no inactive, etc.).

We may put in a minimum, but I'm hesitant. It's fun to see your KDR and how it ranks against other people, but I don't think people should take the absolute rankings very seriously. I don't look forward to ever seeing someone post "well X is objectively the best fighter/raider because they have the highest KDR". And hey, noncoms who have managed to pick up a handful of kills per death - well done on them.
  • My kdr is terrible

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Ronwe said:
    We may put in a minimum, but I'm hesitant. It's fun to see your KDR and how it ranks against other people, but I don't think people should take the absolute rankings very seriously. I don't look forward to ever seeing someone post "well X is objectively the best fighter/raider because they have the highest KDR". And hey, noncoms who have managed to pick up a handful of kills per death - well done on them.
    Unless you put in some conditions it's just a complete lolranking that will be topped by mostly young noncoms, who killed their friends a few times for laughs or to test skills
  • Yay I'm 7th. I'd be 3rd if it wasn't for me lagging out in a raid. :(

• jarrel's the only person on the top 20 that actually earned that by fighting a lot lol (maybe profit, I forget how much he actually pkd on that char)
  • Jarrel's is downright ridiculous. 

• edited May 2018
    Dia is a top ranked combatant. Understood.

#777     Laytron                             0.34
  • Rispok said:
    Dia is a top ranked combatant. Understood.
    Was there ever any doubt?

• As if I didn't already have enough numbers to obsess about. Fuckers. :(
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• edited May 2018
    Dupre said:
    Ronwe said:
    Unless you put in some conditions it's just a complete lolranking that will be topped by mostly young noncoms, who killed their friends a few times for laughs or to test skills
    At least right now, I'm comfortable with it being a complete lolranking.

It's fun to be able to see your own KDR. If you want to compare it to other combatants, you can look up their ranking and see how you compare. You can skim the list and see how you compare to your friends and other combatants.

But it isn't meant to be a serious ranking. A high KDR does not mean you are the best combatant or the best raider. Keeping it a lolranking means that you can still have fun looking at it and comparing yours to your friends and other notable people, and you can laugh at the noncoms who have hugely inflated KDRs, and hopefully no one will treat it too seriously. I trust people not to take the PK kills ranking too seriously because they know that having more kills doesn't mean you're a better combatant or raider - you might just be terrible and old/persistent. I do not necessarily trust people in the same way with a more serious KDR ranking. I don't like the idea of people treating it as a ranking of player skill and I especially don't like the idea of pushing anyone to try to climb that ranking by playing more conservatively and only taking fights they're confident they can win. So this makes the requests to add minimums to make it more serious and competitive into something of a Catch-22.

That said, this may change. We'll talk about it.
  • Lifetime count of caught fish next lolranking, right?
  • Ronwe said:
    Dupre said:
    Ronwe said:

It's fun to be able to see your own KDR. If you want to compare it to other combatants, you can look up their ranking and see how you compare. You can skim the list and see how you compare to your friends and other combatants.

But it isn't meant to be a serious ranking. A high KDR does not mean you are the best combatant or the best raider. Keeping it a lolranking means that you can still have fun looking at it and comparing yours to your friends and other notable people, and you can laugh at the noncoms who have hugely inflated KDRs, and hopefully no one will treat it too seriously. I trust people not to take the PK kills ranking too seriously because they know that having more kills doesn't mean you're a better combatant or raider - you might just be terrible and old/persistent. I do not necessarily trust people in the same way with a more serious KDR ranking. I don't like the idea of people treating it as a ranking of player skill and I especially don't like the idea of pushing anyone to try to climb that ranking by playing more conservatively and only taking fights they're confident they can win. So this makes the requests to add minimums to make it more serious and competitive into something of a Catch-22.

Too late. I must reach the top to be the best pker
  • Solnir said:
    Ronwe said:
    Dupre said:
    Ronwe said:

Too late. I must reach the top to be the best pker
    You're no match for Dia, kid.

• RANKINGS FISH!!!!
  • Tahquil said:
    RANKINGS FISH!!!!
    That's a weird way to spell 'Autofishing watch list'.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• RANKINGS 1V1KILLS!
  • RANKINGS ARENAWINS

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Rankings AFKTimes 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • RANKINGS SINGLEDEATHSPERCOMMAND

Mostly because I want to rub it in the face of @Aegoth.
  • RANKINGS PLAYTIME plz
  • KOTH, FFA, RAMPAGE, WINS would all be awesome

• edited May 2018
    RANKINGS INANE PUBLIC POSTS
    Edit
    RANKINGS EPEEN