April Wheel / Contenders Talismans

13»

Comments

• I have forgotten/missed a bunch.  Not a big deal.  Exp Gain and Lessons mostly anyway. But I'm not buying anything for a while anyway so I'm not complaining.  Just saying 30 minutes would be better :D

• Klendathu said:
    To everyone moaning about what they get from free spins, let's focus on the word 'free'
    To people who keep bringing this up: Just because something is free, doesn't mean you can't complain about it. Can we stop saying it, please?

• Why are you entitled to complain about something that's basically a gift, not to mention doing it on a public forum?

If you don't want the free prizes, don't spin.
  • edited April 2018
    It's to entice people to log in for that hour and keep playing, if you were already going to be playing for more than an hour, it really is just "free stuff", but if you were tossing up whether to achaea for an hour or perhaps watch a movie, and the wheel is the reason you go "ok, I am going to achaea" and you get crits, some people might just go "wow not worth spending an hour to spin".

Doesn't mean the free spins have to be 50 bucks each or atavian wings all the time, but crits/experience can be a real downer if you are 100+ or not going to be hunting. It's the "lose a turn" in the wheel of fortune.
  • Zheo said:
    Why are you entitled to complain
    Wat.

• Minifie said:
    It's to entice people to log in for that hour and keep playing, if you were already going to be playing for more than an hour, it really is just "free stuff", but if you were tossing up whether to achaea for an hour or perhaps watch a movie, and the wheel is the reason you go "ok, I am going to achaea" and you get crits, some people might just go "wow not worth spending an hour to spin".

Doesn't mean the free spins have to be 50 bucks each or atavian wings all the time, but crits/experience can be a real downer if you are 100+ or not going to be hunting. It's the "lose a turn" in the wheel of fortune.
    Ahhh now it finally makes sense to me. That's why I always get annoyed when people complain. I usually log in for an hour every day anyway, and even if I do log in more for a free spin, it's not... I'm not like, making myself do it. So to me the spins are really free.

Also, while the crits are mildly disappointing, they are literally the only thing I can't use, so I'm less often disappointed than other people.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    edited April 2018
    Pyori said:
    Klendathu said:
    To everyone moaning about what they get from free spins, let's focus on the word 'free'
    To people who keep bringing this up: Just because something is free, doesn't mean you can't complain about it. Can we stop saying it, please?
    I didn't say you can't complain about it. I do think, however, that complaining about something that's free is quite rude, especially on a public forum. The admins don't have to provide the free spins, it gives them little in return. You could say that it means people log in for an hour, but a lot of people would have logged in for an hour regardless, and many people are saying they log in and idle for an hour just to spin (and then complain about what they got), so, to my mind, it's not really having the desired effect.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Klendathu said:
    Pyori said:
    Klendathu said:
    The admins don't have to provide the free spins, it gives them little in return.
    Hm, I would argue that a lot of special incentives are done, at least in some part, to increase retention of players or to entice new players to stay and therefore increase profitability. If you see some of the things you can get with free spins, it may entice you to spend more money buying prismatic spins. I post my findings for informational purposes but I will admit, I have not been enticed to spend money towards prismatic spins due to my experience with spins and especially with other people's experience with prismatic spins. You may say it's just a free gift but and we should be happy with whatever it spits at us but that fact of the matter is that there is a financial incentive for IRE LTD to try to make these as agreeable as possible (within reason, I'm not saying free artefacts for everyone for every spin) as they offer the possibility towards getting people to spend money towards prismatic spins.

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Here's what I got from April's free spins:

15 bound credits 5
    a chunk of maekelite 1
    a chunk of valencitite 2
    a chunk of xerthyst 1
    a translucent piece of shunstun 2
    Experience gain 9
    Increased Critical Hits 4
    Lesson gain 3
    prismatic token (lesson gain) 1
    Forgot to spin 2

Pretty happy with that, 75 bound credits for nothing, thanks @admin

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    I only did free spins this month. I only got a token once, and I got racing tickets from those. Thankfully, I did win 100+ creds off the races. Still feel like the exp spins are still making a mockery of me though :(

• Atalkez said:
    I’d be 100% happier if the xp scaled and I actually saw some benefit from it. Getting xp and not seeing the xp thing move sucks.
    All the Experience Gains I've gotten at 100 are just laughable because it hasn't even moved up .1% rofl
    I'll probably be shifting over to Starmourn, seeya there!
    discord: aciidwire#5240
    Please check out my new art page!

• Ooh yeah scaled xp please!
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • Klendathu said:
    Pyori said:
    Klendathu said:
    I didn't say you can't complain about it. I do think, however, that complaining about something that's free is quite rude, especially on a public forum. The admins don't have to provide the free spins, it gives them little in return. You could say that it means people log in for an hour, but a lot of people would have logged in for an hour regardless, and many people are saying they log in and idle for an hour just to spin (and then complain about what they got), so, to my mind, it's not really having the desired effect.
    Yep. It's okay to whine and moan about things, but the promo is a promo. I do prefer, personally, the promos that are a bit different, like the winter flagon that lets you warp, or the ranger compass, but... Free is free.
  • 4/01 Critical Hits
    4/02 Xerthyst
    4/03 Critical Hits
    4/04 11 lessons
    4/05 Experience Gain
    4/06 Prismatic Token -> artefact discount voucher
    4/07 Profithyst
    4/08 10 lessons
    4/09 Experience Gain
    4/10 Critical Hits
    4/11 Makaelicite
    4/12 Critical Hits
    4/13 Critical Hits
    4/14 Critical Hits
    4/15 Bound Credits
    4/16 Valenticite
    4/17 Critical Hits
    4/18 -
    4/19 Critical Hits
    4/20 Experience Gain
    4/21 Experience Gain
    4/22 10 lessons
    4/23 Experience Gain
    4/24 Critical Hits
    4/25 Bound Credits
    4/26 Critical Hits
    4/27 -
    4/28 Azelhurium
    4/29 Experience Gain
    4/30 -

• edited May 2018
    if you complain about free stuff your what we like to call in the south...a little bitch....

now if you suggest that the exp bonus is lacking and not noticeable at certain levels an therefore could use a bump up thats different. 
    Cooper said:
    This is one of the worst forms of special snowflake RP I've ever seen. Thanks for going to another city to do it!
  • I didn't mind the exp one as it was giving me around 10% (I hit L80 on the great hunt weekend, then took some time off, logging in to mope around programming in mudlet while waiting for the daily spin).

Bound credits appeared fairly often, and I suspect I got over 50 for the month.
    Crit... meh. I thought it would be good but I didn't notice any difference while bashing. Does anyone know how much the crit bonus actually was? 

I got a few rare minerals which I was happy to get. As a casual player I'll save them until I know I have a solid 6 hours at a time to play (pretty rare), and will put in a solid bashing session. Should help me get through the L80-90 blues while I wait for crits to start kicking in.

I bought 1 spin and it was okay. Some bound credits and a mineral, so okay for the cost. I usually don't like the gambling promos and this one was no exception, so I didn't buy any more.

• I had the exact same experience. Got a lot of decent things like rare minerals, XP (which is noticeable for me), lesson gain, and bound credits. Didn't get anything special. Criticals were worthless to me, as I don't bash a lot, and always waited to spin til the last minute, hoping to see a jackpot. Didn't buy any spins because I really do hate gambling.