April Wheel / Contenders Talismans

Comments

• I too want a journal. I'm thankful for this thread because it basically says that they'll be so rare I'm unwilling to do what it takes to get one.  I love quests, and I'm always on the lookout for new ones. I have been trying to find someone who has one just to ask them what it does what its like.  For me just knowing there is a quest to find is enough to get my juices flowing. 

I never get excited about these promotions, but the journal has me excited.  Now I find out it'll be harder to get than most.

I sat at the wheel and saw someone spin with a prismatic token and get 1 rare mineral.
    I myself did the same thing, won a token  shouted' WOOHOO!' and then spun to get a senastone.

Is there a difference between a token you win and a token you buy? Because I sure hope there is, if I spent real cash money for a senastone I would have had a conniption and broken my keyboard.

• @Rane tokens give different (often better) rewards than free spins.

If you win a token from the wheel I believe that token draws from the same prize pool as if you purchased that token, not the prize pool for free spins.
  • Alas, I'm going to miss out on this journal, even on the lolalt I've been playing. Ah well, maybe it'll be back someday. (I know, probably not. The rarer it is, the more it'll be in demand.)
    Miin-aan baash kimini-sij-i-gan bitooyin sij-i-gan-i bukwayszhiigan = blueberry π
  • Chiming in for "Yeah, Journal was the only thing that interested me, clearly valued at less than the player base feels, and apparently nobody is ever going to have one."

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• 5 spins - I got 2 racetrack tickets, 3 prismatic tokens in a row, racetrack tickets, an ebony pipe, and a supreme collections cache. 
  • Like I said some talismans should be artifacts 
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Minifie said:
    Tahquil said:
    Everyone after reading Kyrra's post :  

She paid for them, was her spins. I'm more interested in knowing how many BCR she got at least!

@Kyrra Sate my curosity? mew? :3
    You are going to redeem The cover for an adventurer's journal for 62 credits. Type AGREE if you
    wish to proceed.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Artifact discount voucher, upgrade credits, two vials, two supreme collections caches, one (or two don’t remember) interlocked caches, racetrack tickets, and a pipe.

I will admit to being confused as to the purpose of upgrade credits. They’re like normal credits you can only use to upgrade an artifact I guess? Do they work if you buy a tier 2 something or other outright? 
    Saeva said:
    If Mathonwy is 2006 I wish 2007 had never come.
    Xenomorph said:
    heh. Mathowned.
    Message #12872 Sent by Jurixe
    4/16/0:41
    MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.
  • Mathonwy said:
    I will admit to being confused as to the purpose of upgrade credits. They’re like normal credits you can only use to upgrade an artifact I guess? Do they work if you buy a tier 2 something or other outright? 
    If you have an artefact that can be upgraded, and choose to do so through the artefact upgrade syntax, it will first use your upgrade credits, then your bound credits. You can't just buy a level 2 and use them - it's just for upgrading.

You can also trade them in for 3 lessons per upgrade credit, if you so choose.
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Kyrra said:

A dazzling carpet of rainbow daisies blooms from the twisted remains of Kyrra.

• Are people still buying spins with credits?
  • edited April 2018
    Just thought I would post an update to my free spin tally:

4/01 Critical Hits
    4/02 Xerthyst
    4/03 Critical Hits
    4/04 11 lessons
    4/05 Experience Gain
    4/06 Prismatic Token -> artefact discount voucher
    4/07 Profithyst
    4/08 10 lessons
    4/09 Experience Gain (New Level!)
    4/10 Critical Hits
    4/11 Makaelicite
    4/12 Critical Hits
    4/13 Critical Hits
    4/14 Critical Hits
    4/15 Bound Credits
    4/16 Valenticite
    4/17 Critical Hits
    4/18 - (I dun goofed and missed it)
    4/19 Critical Hits
    4/20 Experience Gain
    4/21 Experience Gain

No more critical hits plis

• Awful??
    They are "free" spins/stuff
    Should be more of a thank you
  • It being free doesn't mean you can't call it bad.

• Free experience gain that doesn’t actually move your experience doesn’t merit a thank you. Neither does a random rare mineral or a critical bonus that you likely won’t even notice. Yeah they’re free, but nothing wrong with saying this free stuff sucks.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • I have gotten some good spins. Ive missed a few days but I have gotten mostly bound credits and experience ranging from 2-15% at level 91-95
  • I'm on both sides of the argument fence when it comes to this promo.

On the one hand, I *love* wheel months. I think it's my favorite promo. Sure, being level 103 already getting crits and experience drives me up the wall, but whatever, they're still exp and crits I didn't have before (although y'know, crits that lasted more than 3 hours would be nicer since that turns into a useless bump if you happen to spin right before logging out). You can (theoretically) sell rare minerals with minimal effort, so just consider that a gold payout from the wheel and forget about the minerals. Tokens from free spins are super low, but that's to be expected. That's how gambling works.

On the flip side, the list for token spins is a bit eh this time. I've watched tons of people spin, and I don't think I've seen a single person get the ever elusive L3 arte. Has anyone? I've seen some gloves of harvesting come out of it that @Israyhl got and then traded in, but mostly it's been those cloudy bottles, figurines, racetrack tickets (erase those please), and the gamble-in-gamble-in-gamble caches.

Part of the appeal is a chance to get something amazing. That's why people gamble in the first place, for the "chance". Vegas would be out of business if there weren't super exciting loud flashy jackpot moments, which is what's lacking in this particular month's promo.

That said, there's been a lot of commentary about former caches paying out 2 pieces instead of just one, but I think there's some forgetting happening that those sets didn't generally have set value to their pieces either. Death has been one of the most popular sets due to the chance to put together a cape, but 99% of those completed talismans/pieces weren't given trade in values, so lots of us who put together whole sets for the very cool but equally stupid scythe that was meant to work in an area that immediately became inaccessible is frustrating. Every single piece for this round has a trade in value, and most of them are insanely high. To me it makes sense to make these more rare, considering. My suggestion for promos that do this would be to stop splitting chances between sets, so instead of having a chance to get a cache for 3 different sets, and a chance within that chance to get the piece you need, just choose one set to focus on.

Also @Kyrra why wouldn't you just sell that piece for unbound credits on market? Someone probably would have bought it! Silly girl.
  • Death is the only set you could get from the wheel that didn't have tradein values.

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    2 grey and clouded glass bottles, 9 interlocked caches, a cask of Ironbeard's Finest, 2 artefact discount vouchers, an ox replica with rune-inscribed horns, a prismatic token, a supreme collections cache, and 2 phials of shimmering permanent ink.

Plus three pipes, gloves of harvesting, and a brooch of the tempest that I traded in along with the cask.

Bound  : 1177
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• I had 5 spins. Got 2x bound, a brooch of the Tempest (traded for 100cr since I have one already), racetrack tickets (bleh), and a bloodstained shard. Not a huge increase, but worth somewhat more than the tokens.
  • 44% H: 8196 (99%) M: 6132 (81%) E: (99%) W:(81%) [ ](L|H|1|2|S)spin wheel with token
    You deftly spin a large, prismatic Wheel of Fortune. It begins whirling rapidly, emanating a loud, clacking noise.
    44% H: 8196 (99%) M: 6132 (81%) E: (100%) W:(81%) [ ](L|H|1|2|S)
    You have recovered balance on all limbs. (2.973s)
    44% H: 8196 (99%) M: 6132 (81%) E: (100%) W:(81%) [ ](L|H|1|2|S)
    A large, prismatic Wheel of Fortune slows down to a halt, rewarding you with Lesson Gain.

this is the worst, no thank you.

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    To everyone moaning about what they get from free spins, let's focus on the word 'free'

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Is it free?

The cost is being logged in for an hour.
  • That is not a cost, you would already be doing that.

The cost is 30 seconds of time walking there and typing spin wheel. 

• Ive actually logged in just to spin..  sucks and being in News doesnt seem to count. :-( much sad

• I keep forgetting to spin. Last time I was reminded, I won a token, which led to a free artie pipe. Can't complain.
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• It's the only time I afk outside of journal/news/whatever. Isn't that big of a deal.