NightfallUI (Free Mudlet GUI and Script Suite)

Comments

• Princeton said:
    Whenever I use a DW skill and age, the text over the Age Gauge becomes supersized (the default size, which I don't like being so big) and remains too big until I reset the UI. Is there any way to have it keep the smaller text of the other gauges when they update?
    Change lines 72-76 in "Class Switching Functions" to:
    if nightfallUI.char.myage == 0 then
    nightfallUI.char.age_bar_label:echo([[<span style="color: white;font-size: ]]..nightfallUI.char.fontsize..[[pt; font-family: BigNoodleTitling;">Unaged</span>]])
    else
    nightfallUI.char.age_bar_label:echo([[<span style="color: white;font-size: ]]..nightfallUI.char.fontsize..[[pt; font-family: BigNoodleTitling;">]] .. nightfallUI.char.myage .. [[ AGE</span>]])
    end

• edited April 2018
    If you are having problems where settings aren't saved, change 'function nightfallUI.os(filename)' within the script 'Misc Base Script Functions' to

function nightfallUI.os(filename)
      if string.char(getMudletHomeDir():byte()) == "/" then
        _sep = "/"
      else
        _sep = "\\"
      end

if not lfs.attributes(getMudletHomeDir() .. _sep .. "NightfallUI") then
    		lfs.mkdir(getMudletHomeDir() .. _sep .. "NightfallUI")
    	end

local filename = getMudletHomeDir() .. _sep .. "NightfallUI" .. _sep .. filename
    	return filename
    end
    Finally, figured out that if the folder isn't made because it wasn't created if you didn't import the package (like if instead you copied and pasted the script), it wouldn't be able to save the settings file.

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    edited April 2018
    Trying to get this properly set up for use, but running into a couple of things I wonder if someone could help me with:

- After installing YATCO (config first then 2.5) it moves the chat window up under the map window, and doesn't seem to be capturing.

- Rage bar isn't showing and can't figure out how to get the health and mana bars properly sized and set.

- I have no idea what the blank space next to the vital bars is for.

• For YATCO, unless you are using the gmcp capturing version, you'll need to set up triggers to capture your channels.

Looks like you still need to install the font too. Think there's stuff on that earlier in the thread.

Rage tracker only shows when you actually have rage, it's not a bar.

Finally, the HP bar at least looks like that to reflect that you are over max. Probably. Unless your HP is fluctuating and it isn't tracking that.

Sorry if this seems short, I'm on mobile and typing is hard.
    Ekin said:
    For YATCO, unless you are using the gmcp capturing version, you'll need to set up triggers to capture your channels.

Looks like you still need to install the font too. Think there's stuff on that earlier in the thread.

Rage tracker only shows when you actually have rage, it's not a bar.

Finally, the HP bar at least looks like that to reflect that you are over max. Probably. Unless your HP is fluctuating and it isn't tracking that.

Sorry if this seems short, I'm on mobile and typing is hard.
    Yep! Seem to have got it working. Someone on the Discord suggested the GMCP version and linked it, and all seems to be well now after installing that and a quick restart.

Thank you! (and to whomever @Princeton is on Discord).

• So! I tried to change the font size for (16) nightfallUI.char.fontsize  (it's default being 36) and I reload it, it changes to what I want. But the moment anything happens iirc, it immediately goes back to 36. Tried to change the variable, too, and did fresh restart etc. Still keeps happening.
    I'll probably be shifting over to Starmourn, seeya there!
    discord: aciidwire#5240
    Please check out my new art page!

• Brenex said:
    To fix the font issue for the vitals box change lines 6 and 9 in 'gmcp.Char.Vitals' to the following (I forgot to change it to be dynamic to the variable and left it hardcoded to 36, oops):

nightfallUI.char.hp_bar_label:echo([[<span style="color: white;font-size: ]]..nightfallUI.char.fontsize..[[pt; font-family: BigNoodleTitling;">]] .. nightfallUI.char.myhealth .. [[ HP</span>]])

nightfallUI.char.mana_bar_label:echo([[<span style="color: white;font-size: ]]..nightfallUI.char.fontsize..[[pt; font-family: BigNoodleTitling;">]] .. nightfallUI.char.mymana .. [[ MP</span>]])

and line 17 should be:

nightfallUI.char.rage_bar_label:echo([[<span style="color: red;font-size: ]]..nightfallUI.char.fontsize..[[pt; font-family: BigNoodleTitling;">Rage: ]]..nightfallUI.char.myrage..[[</span>]])
    @Xae Hmm, if you downloaded the zip in the first post, which sounds like what would cause your font issue, might be worthwhile to go through the thread to find the latest version, or else use the fix as quoted, because yeah, otherwise it's hardcoded.

(but probably just get the latest version, it's better!)
  • Yea, check my fix for accidentally leaving it hardcoded unless you are having issues with everything not saving in which case try my most recent post above. Thanks to everyone else for troubleshooting my stuff  :)

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    @Brenex, not sure if it's been suggested before, but you might want to put this up on GitHub

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Klendathu said:
    @Brenex, not sure if it's been suggested before, but you might want to put this up on GitHub
    do you have a good resource on learning github? I don't really know exactly how to use it although I have gotten around on other repositories after figuring some stuff out.

Brenex said:
    Klendathu said:
    do you have a good resource on learning github? I don't really know exactly how to use it although I have gotten around on other repositories after figuring some stuff out.
    If you're just doing stuff on your own, it's really simple to do. I'd recommend a third-party application, eg SourceTree. There's loads of tutorials on the web on how to do stuff too.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Klendathu said:
    Brenex said:
    Klendathu said:
    If you're just doing stuff on your own, it's really simple to do. I'd recommend a third-party application, eg SourceTree. There's loads of tutorials on the web on how to do stuff too.
    is the github desktop app also equivalent or is sourcetree better?

edited April 2018
    Brenex said:
    Klendathu said:
    Brenex said:
    Klendathu said:
    is the github desktop app also equivalent or is sourcetree better?
    I've only ever used Sourcetree, because I was working on repositories on both GitHub and GitLab, so can't compare, sorry

• I personally prefer SourceTree as Github Desktop is a bit too limited for my taste.
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    I approve of and applaud not only the effort put into this project, but also the magnanimity in allowing for free use. 
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • @Ekin @Brenex
    fix for the font worked! Thanks :D
    I'll probably be shifting over to Starmourn, seeya there!
    discord: aciidwire#5240
    Please check out my new art page!

Jonathin said:
    I approve of and applaud not only the effort put into this project, but also the magnanimity in allowing for free use. 
    Very much agreed. I'm quite enjoying it, and it has a lot of useful utility.

• @Sobriquet I noticed you made some posts saying this didnt work with TReX? What are the necessary settings that need changed? I can help anyone with that.
  • Nehmrah said:
    @Sobriquet I noticed you made some posts saying this didnt work with TReX? What are the necessary settings that need changed? I can help anyone with that.
    wait, what?

• edited May 2018
    Brenex said:
    Nehmrah said:
    @Sobriquet I noticed you made some posts saying this didnt work with TReX? What are the necessary settings that need changed? I can help anyone with that.
    wait, what?
    https://github.com/shanesrasmussen/TReX-System
    https://github.com/shanesrasmussen/TReX-System/releases

There are forum discussions too:

http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/5648/trex-release-final#latest

• I meant what with respect to incompatibility, I know what trex is. 

• Mmm, I think it was to do with the skills bar Nightfall put at the bottom covering the screen so clickable links didn't work until some text scrolled up, however, this could have been user error.

I'm going to try Trex again after your updates, so i'll see if I can re-create the problem

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • also, 'sb off' to turn it off. I don't use it myself but I know others that do.

Oh, @Brenex I meant to ask, is there anyway to have this to where the map automatically switches to the Wilderness map when in Wilderness or on a Ship, and have it auto update there with movement?

• edited May 2018
    Disregard this.
    I wish I could throw off the thoughts which poison my happiness, but I take a kind of pleasure in indulging them.
  • @Brenex Thanks a lot for sharing this! When you have time - assuming I don't talk to people, how do I get rid of the section to the right, where the chat commands are supposed to be and make that entire section the map instead? (The tabs were blank when I installed too)

Also, is there something about your GUI that does MAP every time I walk somewhere? The game map seems to be popping up in the main text area every time I move to a new room.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • edited June 2018
    CONFIG MAPSHOW OFF. Also catch up on your damn news.

• Seems to work a lot better now :+1:

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Just wanted to say thank you for this. I'll be trying it out tonight.