Player Pics

Comments

• edited April 2018
    @Caelan - Wait, what universal symbol of Japan? The old village was Shirakawago, it had a very rustic/historical vibe. Did not get to see Okinawa/Osaka and a few other places, unfortunately :neutral: How long were you stationed there and why didn't you make half-asian babies during that time frame

Our route in Japan was Tokyo (ginza, red light district etc) -> Hakone (mt Fuji, lake ashi cruise, mt komagatake ropeway) -> bullet train to Nagoya -> normal train to Takayama (old town famous for Hide beef) -> Shirakawago (old village) -> Kanazawa (kanazawa castle, kenrokuen garden) -> Kyoto (kinkakuji, ryoan-ji garden, fushimi inari shrine) , missed out a few things here and there but that's what I recall off the top of my head.

Ah, the snow-capped mountain looked like the Mount Fuji area.  My bad.   I was stationed in Okinawa for 3 years.  I did not make half-asian babies because you get the 3-year tour if you are married and bring your family so.. my wife is not Asian and probably would have been against me (not in the good way) making half-asiatic spawn.   Though our youngest son was born in Okinawa, so I guess I *kinda* did.  He was born on an American base so he is American, but also....sort of Japanese.

The SOFA said we couldn't fire artillery on Okinawa, so we used to go to mainland (I was part of the only forward deployed arty regiment in the region).  We deployed to mainland every 3 months.  Pull into Yokohama, hit up Nagasaki, Hijudai, Tokyo, uhhh.. Yasubetsu.. a few other places.  There is a base (Camp Fuji oddly enough) right across the street from a JGSDF base at Mount Fuji.  Was always my favorite place to go.  Everyone else liked Thailand because they were mostly single or deployment-single, but I take oaths more seriously - but Pattaya wasn't bad, even if I wasn't getting soapies and handies.  I led the MT detachments for those deployments to Fuji 6 or 7 times in 3 years, and only got to Thailand once.  Was supposed to be part of a Phillipines, Thailand, Australia tour but Phillipines got turned into a contingency because of Muslim terrorism, and the unit didn't have the buy-in funds for Australia.

• @Caelan someone skipped there annual uncle Sam OPEC course year....
  • edited April 2018
    Proficy said:
    @Caelan someone skipped there annual uncle Sam OPEC course year....

Not really.. we don't do anything in Japan anymore so..   And it's common knowledge where the bases are anyway.  Plus, this was back in 2000 - 2003

• That was Mt Fuji, by the way. I didn't know it was the universal symbol of Japan.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Proficy said:
    @Caelan someone skipped there annual uncle Sam OPEC course year....
    Dear god don't remind me. 
  • Just kidding, I forgot to mention that I got braces on back in October of 2017! Here's a progression (right to left, left pic being March 2018).

I'll probably be shifting over to Starmourn, seeya there!
    discord: aciidwire#5240
    Please check out my new art page!

• As serious as I can be IG and as austere as Isra can be in general, I am a total goofball. I make myself laugh more than anyone else, including at the worst possible times. Inappropriate, macabre humour, that's me!
  • Israyhl said:
    As serious as I can be IG and as austere as Isra can be in general, I am a total goofball. I make myself laugh more than anyone else, including at the worst possible times. Inappropriate, macabre humour, that's me!
    And half the time I spent it facepalming. Truth.
  • Oh, and my Achaea mascot. Pink unicorns are it yo.

• I'm pretty sure it will probably want its joke back, too :(
  • At least that thing survived Y2K.
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

• Trey said:
    Holy crap 2001 called they want their monitor back :(
    For my recent Work at Home position, I got two monitors. You're looking at one of them! This is why she has one and I have one, cause trying to use two would be terrible. :P
  • Trey said:
    Holy crap 2001 called they want their monitor back :(
    Yeah pmuch that's just the off to the side monitor, not my main one. :-P
  • I use two monitors.  So much easier to spread out.

• This is the first time I've ever had two monitors. It's always been a "someday I'll get one". So when @Israyhl came home with two, and he already has one and I already have one, he gave me the second. It was free. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth!
  • Still playing on my one little laptop screen. Once I finish this desktop build, I’ll be rocking a dual setup.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Real PKers game on a 34" curved widescreen with gsync.
  • 60" is the real was to go.

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • Rackham said:
    Real gamers play achaea on Apple smart watches. Can't believe you scrubs look at more than 6 words at a time.
    It is not as fun as it sounds. Considering it sounds terrible, I assure you it's worse.
    Torinn Chiragh, Herald of Fire says, "Good, darn it."
    Talamond Averial says, "You are the least charming siren ever."
  • God, I love Edinburgh. Roll on August.
  • Room mate took me hunting for my first time. We got a 280ibs Hog. They taught me how to skin, and gut it too. That was pretty interesting. We took it elsewhere to get processed. Looking forward to eating it.[spoiler] [/spoiler]

• Eoka said:
    All natural, totally no filter.
    I have those same sunglasses, and hat... on snapchat.