Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

[Nexus] Help with Keneanung's Bashing.js Script

MalMal Posts: 2Member
I made the switch from Mudlet to Nexus and I am ultimatly happy with the new client but there are somethings I really miss. One of those things is the denizen targeting / bashing script created by Keneanung. At one point there was a version of this ported to Nexus/Javascript (the location of the reflex package is https://github.com/AchaeaBashingScript/Bashing.js) and I have been trying to make this work with some difficulty. The script actually works to some extent right off the bat but is missing some key functionality that seems to be in the code but not working in practice:

- Trigger "keneanung.bashing.queueTrigger" is supposed to be enabled/disabled during attacking through built in functions startAttack() & stopAttack() to create a DOR type loop affect instead you only get one attack in
- Fleeing functions/warning echos do not work
- when saving config settings echos say "couldn't save settings" but it seems like they are being saved upon restart

A lot of work was put into this script and I think it is a must have for Nexus users. I have spent hours trying different name spacing (example -client.variable instead of var variable) among other things. At the end of the day i don't have enough knowledge or background in computer coding to get this script fully operational.

I have saved up about 20 credits that I can send to anyone willing to spend the time to get this script working just as well on Nexus as it does on Mudlet.

Comments

• LaedhaLaedha Posts: 103Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    I will throw in another 20 credits for that if you'll fix it up and help troubleshoot! 
  • KeneanungKeneanung Posts: 596Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    The JS version is actually missing some features as the Mudlet package moved on and I didn't have the time to port new things over. Now that I switched to the Mudlet team, time is even less available. But on the bright side, the official support and documentation for the Nexus client improved significantly since the port was made.

I'm willing to help with what I can (opinions, mentoring through dev process, give people write access to the project, whatever), but I don't know if I can do active development at the moment. I'm happy that people have found this and like my port as well, so making it actually usable would be a great thing for me as well!
Sign In to Comment.