Svof

Comments

• Can you test if your not combat savvy and don’t have any multiclass?
  • If your classes defup/keepup hasn't been tested, pretty sure it doesn't really require much combat knowledge. It pretty much works or doesn't

• lifevision mask doesn't defup automatically in dragon on runewarden svof, when it's set to defup.
  • My personal life has gotten quite busy so I stopped debugging things. I also don't and have never used the system so my ability to test certain bugfixes is limited. Add to the fact that it's quite time consuming to find/fix some of these things and I'm not going to spend a ton of time on it if the community as a whole isn't. 

Dunn tells you, "I hate you."
    (Party): You say, "Bad plan coming right up."
  • KeiKei
    edited April 2018
    It is a horribly thankless job, especially if you are not making anything from it at all. It sucks even when you are being paid for it.

That said, I checked it out and will start digging around too, now that my own projects are at a stable place. Do we have a place where there is more detailed code documentation/diagrams, or people who might know where to start looking for things, so I do not have to start entirely from scratch on understanding the system and finding/fixing bugs? Specifically for the in-client branch, that is.

Bydar, a garish-looking trader says, "I'm not a man, I'm an experience."
  • Not really. The search function in mudlet is a great way to find where certain things are tied to. You can start with that.  Once the Great Hunt is over Ill try and start working on it myself 
  • I intend to finish up the beta as it'll make the system more approachable to work on, but as you guys have seen I don't have time to maintain the system so the community will need to pick up the slack. I'm happy to explain how the confusing parts of the systems work, drop by Discord and ask: https://discord.gg/Pww8Bc

• You have to set links to 'never expire' when you create them. This one will work: https://discord.gg/r6y8pK3

Chat with other players in real time on your phone, browser, or desktop client:
    Come join the Achaea discord!
  • I've been getting a LOT of this while bashing, since going shikudo monk. All these time stamp thingies cause all kinds of lag. Does anyone know what causes it, and how to fix it?

You take a drink from a cedarwood vial.
    The elixir heals and soothes you.
    5450|5450h, 3401|3461m, 23675e, 14338w, t-Xoran|74%, 45.9xp, k, (+981),11:33:05.426, e|s|w(+981h)
    (2.36s) (2.407s) (2.469s) (2.516s) (2.594s) (2.641s) (2.688s) (2.735s)
                                                                           (1.61s)
    You may eat another plant or mineral.
    You have recovered balance on your right arm.
    You have recovered balance on your left arm.
    [System]: Running queued eqbal command: STAND
    You stand up.
    [System]: Running queued eqbal command: KILL XORAN
    Stepping forward, you drive the end of a twisted oaken staff into the left arm of a xorani guardian.
    [Rage]: +5.8. Total: 51.1
    Continuing your kata, you spin a twisted oaken staff in your hands and drive it in a sharp thrust
    towards the right arm of a xorani guardian.
    You drive your foot up in a rising kick at the head of a xorani guardian.
    You have scored a CRUSHING CRITICAL hit! (1.5s)

Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• I think it is the result of lag with svo thinking you are EQ knocked, so it is spamming concentrate. Could be wrong

• This would be the result of lag indeed, not the cause
  • Odd, it only started happening after I changed from Tekura to Shikudo.
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• edited April 2018
    Here is the fix for the script "ndb.downloaded_file":

-- credit to Veldrin for the original function
    function ndb.downloaded_file(_, filename)
      -- is the file that downloaded ours?
      if not string.find(filename, "namedb.json") then return end
      local f = io.open(filename)
      local s = f:read("*all")
      if f then f:close() end
      os.remove(filename)
      s = s:gsub("\"", "")
      local name = filename:match("(%w+)-namedb")
      local fullname = s:match([[fullname:(.+),city]])
      local level = s:match([[level:(%d+),class]])
      local city = s:match([[city:(%.+),house]])
      local house = s:match([[house:(.+),level]])
      local class = s:match([[class:(.+),mob_kills]])
      local xp_rank = s:match([[xp_rank:(%d+),explorer_rank]])
      local dragon
      local temp_name_list

-- sometimes players, unless you're logged in, aren't visible
      if s:find("I do not recognize that player.") then
        temp_name_list = {{
          name = name,
          xp_rank = -2,
        }}

elseif level == nil then
        temp_name_list = {{
          name = name,
          immortal = 1
        }}

else

if tonumber(level) > 98 then dragon = 1 else dragon = 0 end
        if tonumber(xp_rank) == 0 then xp_rank = -2 end -- unranked shows up as 0

temp_name_list = {{
          name = name,
          class = class,
          dragon = dragon,
          title = fullname,
          level = level,
          immortal = 0,
          xp_rank = xp_rank and xp_rank or -1,
        }}
        if city ~= "(hidden)" then
            temp_name_list[1].city = (city ~= "(none)" and city or "rogue")
        end
        -- house info isn't shown if you're logged in to the website for some people
        if not(house == "(hidden)" or house == "(none)") then
          temp_name_list[1].guild = house
        end
      end

db:merge_unique(ndb.db.people, temp_name_list)

raiseEvent("NameDB finished honors")
    end

function ndb.getinfo(person)
      downloadFile(getMudletHomeDir().."/"..person.."-namedb.json", "http://api.achaea.com/characters/"..person..".json")
    end

• Ooh is this for the honorsing without using it honors thing?
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • sorry, local city = s:match([[city:(%.+),house]]) should be
    • local city = s:match([[city:(.+),house]])

• (svof): protip: You can use 'ndb delete unranked' to wipe unranked (dormant / newbies) players from NameDB.

The more you know.
  • I remember SVOF doing the nameDB json process in the background on using QW before.  Does it no longer do it?
  • Pretty sure it still cross-references it with honours, since there's things that only show up on honours, but not in the json file.

it's vconfig autohonours or something, to make it start honours'ing new people on QW.

• Yeah, I have that on.  Not too long ago I would do QW and it would pull the list online instead of me having to honors everyone.  It could also be due to the fact that I've been working with the wonky NDB stuff for a while, so maybe the people are no longer considered "new"
  • I recently built a new computer so I've been trying to install svof. 
    This particular screen keeps on showing up. Has anyone seen this problem before?

• Dairon said:
    I recently built a new computer so I've been trying to install svof. 
    This particular screen keeps on showing up. Has anyone seen this problem before?

Fixed it! If anyone ends up with the same problem, it was because my Windows user profile was in another language. 
  • I did an NDB UPDATE ALL last night, and now nothing works with the ndb at all. QWC, etc. I was thinking I may need to delete the script and reinstall a fresh one, but not sure where to find just the NDB script by itself, without having to reinstall svof.

Anyone able to give me a hand with this, please?

Thanks!

• how do I move the health and mana changes over to the right side of the prompt?

so from this:

(-20m, 0.3%) 8997[108] 6503[ 93] [N/A] - 23:59:56.644

to this:

8997[108] 6503[ 93] [N/A] - 23:59:56.644  (-20m, 0.3%)

• Whenever I try to install svof from https://github.com/svof/svof/releases through the Package Manager in Mudlet, the package manager just closes with nothing installed...

Yes, I am installing the .zip file. Yes, I have disabled the firewall (Mac). Mudlet 3.11.1 

What am I doing wrong? 
  • so I've downloaded the in-client SVOF and have been working on it so I can multiclass.

An error seems to come up every time a denizen attacks me.
    I've tried to track it down but it seems like svo.addaff is used a billion times in the dictionary script. 

"[string "Script: Setup"]:1213: svo.addaff: what aff would you like to add? name must be a string" 
  • edited November 2018
    Also, I noticed that the golgotha defence (occultism) is outdated. 

I've got new lines, but I don't know how to use github to request updates. 

-- Defences script, line 1310

<div>if svo.haveskillset('domination') then

</div><div>&nbsp; defs_data:set('arctar', { type = 'domination',
    </div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; on = {"You command your chaos orb to grant you protection; it pulses once before detonating in a soundless conflagration.", "You cannot summon Arctar, the Defender for you have no pact with that entity."},</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; on_only = "The Entity refuses to send another minion to aid you.",</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; def = "Surrounded by the power of Arctar.",</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; off = "Abruptly, the power rippling across your skin dissipates.",})</div><div>&nbsp; defs_data:set('golgotha', { type = 'domination',
    </div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; on = {"You cannot summon the Ascendant's thrall for you have no pact with that entity.", "Closing your eyes, you focus on your contract with the Ascendant's Thrall, former Emperor of Chaos, beseeching Him for His aide. For the briefest instant the overpowering stench of sulphur fills your nostrils, then a flash of acknowledgement passes to you. Your skin comes alight with a furious burning, and a dire, inhuman sense of vicious amusement fills you as you are suffused with the power of the Emperor of Darkness. Your muscles lock and a scream claws at your throat, but you can do nothing until the pain leaves you except convulse in abject agony."},</div><div>    def = "You are acknowledged by Jy'Barrak Golgotha, the Ascendant's Thrall."})
    <span style="background-color: transparent; color: inherit; font-size: inherit; font-family: "lucida grande", "lucida sans unicode", tahoma, sans-serif;">end</span>
    </div>
  • There is an edit button on the github file - click that and edit. Thanks :)
  • Dairon said:
    so I've downloaded the in-client SVOF and have been working on it so I can multiclass.

I've tried to track it down but it seems like svo.addaff is used a billion times in the dictionary script. 

"[string "Script: Setup"]:1213: svo.addaff: what aff would you like to add? name must be a string" 
    This particular one is in the Setup script, not dictionary
  • Vadimuses said:
    Dairon said:
    so I've downloaded the in-client SVOF and have been working on it so I can multiclass.

This particular one is in the Setup script, not dictionary
    This error seems to pop up everytime I either:
    1. Gain health
    2. Lose health
    3. Gain affiction
    4. Lose affliction
    5. Clot amount changes

I’ll try to go through setup to see if I can find anything, but I’m guessing that its based off an event. 

If anyone has any idea why it happens, please let me know! 
  • Based on the error, there's likely a call to the addaff function that doesn't actually specify an affliction.