Ak Opponent Tracking

Comments

• Austere said:
    Cyr said:
    I don't track in the same way as AK, and I'm not going to give out my full tracking with all the bells and whistles for a variety of reasons, but would people be interested in a somewhat basic version of my tracking?
     Yes, yes we would.  I'll steal all your good ideas and use them for my own benefit :)
    Most of my good ideas aren't going to get packaged into any release of my tracking because 1. A lot of those rely on other aspects of my system that I don't want to share and 2. they rely on a function that doesn't work for the purpose on Mac. But I'll take a look at how feasible it is to package the core setup for basic tracking. 

Dunn tells you, "I hate you."
    (Party): You say, "Bad plan coming right up."
  • Austere said:
    By in large, the coding community was entirely too entitled last time I was heavy into public things, which contributed to my withdraw of support (read back through the thread or any where else people have discussed hundreds of hours of this hobbyist's code). If release today, I'd get fifty messages a day for the next year bitching about functionality and my personal coding habits.  As a self taught coder, my original release saw more complaints than gratitude, and I just haven't been willing to subject myself to the masses again until I can ensure complete, across the board, functionality.

I defeinitely saw you die inside a few times in this and your past thread where it seems you took a break :(
    I -will- release a new ak this year, with way way better logic and tracking. It's on my bucket list after all.

I would be very happy to trouble shoot and help improve shared code in the future. I'm a huge fan of shared scripting that helps lower the barrier of entry for new people. I think defensive scripts plays really well to thing like curing and affliction tracking. I don't feel strongly on automating offensives but that's just if I were coding things to share by myself anyways

• @Austere I, for one, appreciate all the help, feedback and support you've given me since I've started playing here. You are a gem. 

Stay golden, Ponyboy.
  • edited April 2018
    Cyr said:
    2. they rely on a function that doesn't work for the purpose on Mac.
    what's this, I'm curious?

• I use os.clock() to store times and for use on some of my fancier functions. os.clock() measures processor time which is real time (or close to) for windows, and for whatever reason isn't for macs. There are other functions I could theoretically rewrite to use instead but I don't want to because I use Windows and I don't plan on sharing any of my fancier tracking. 

• You shouldn't release it. It wouldn't be good for the game for everybody to be an autobot. 
  • Discounting every other implication made by that statement, Tracking does not automatically create people who mindlessly spam f1, and I've never had any intention of releasing an offense system. Just the core tracking that echos messages. 

• Was talking to Austere!
  • Armali said:
    Was talking to Austere!
    Aren't you an autobot?
  • Roll out!
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • Puxi said:
    Armali said:
    Was talking to Austere!
    Aren't you an autobot?
    Yes, I want to jealously guard my advantage.
  • No good deed goes unpunished.

You do great work, but you do you Austere.
  • edited April 2018
    Cyr said:
    I use os.clock() to store times and for use on some of my fancier functions. os.clock() measures processor time which is real time (or close to) for windows, and for whatever reason isn't for macs. There are other functions I could theoretically rewrite to use instead but I don't want to because I use Windows and I don't plan on sharing any of my fancier tracking. 
    Use https://wiki.mudlet.org/w/Manual:Date/Time_Functions#getTime - it'll work and it supports miliseconds as well for better precision.
  • Would be what I'd do if I was going to rewrite it. I'm not going to rewrite it, because I don't care it works for me. 

• edited April 2018
    I realized the key is the dependent event; interesting!

• Puxi said:
    @Austere I, for one, appreciate all the help, feedback and support you've given me since I've started playing here. You are a gem. 

Stay golden, Ponyboy.
    It all makes sense now. I know why you so good at Shikudo! You autobot!

@Austere
    Thank you for what you did. You changed the landscape of PvP in Achaea for the better. You have balanced the advantages across the board. Now a non coder has the potential to beat a coder. Before your system I was absolute trash and couldn't code to save my life. Now I am still trash but have a great understanding of coding in Lua because of you, how PvP works and more ideas on how to improve my own offense and defense. Haters gonna hate.

@Armali
    It would be good for the game. Innovation and creativity sparks more innovation and creativity.
  • Yes, you manually switch stances. I am just insulting you, embrace it.
  • @Austere and any others that have worked on this, you are beautiful people and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. This thing is awesome.
    I wish I could throw off the thoughts which poison my happiness, but I take a kind of pleasure in indulging them.
  • A friend gave me a bunch of stuff when I retired over from another IRE and I thought this whole time the tracking scripts they had were AK. Someone sent me their custom AK this week to incorporate in and I had a wtf is this moment :-)

but it I kind of like the setup. Switching to it!
  • Why inside of tree curing and apply curing does it check for affliction greater than 100? How is it becoming greater than 100? The rest of it I've figured out.

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Mending break = 100, resto break = 200, mangle = 300

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • I imagine this is all tallied up with the limb counting portions of it?

• Austere said:
    So turns out that renaming a folder in dropbox changes the link.  Whoops:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/m6dnd61o8ncc5oe/AAAmY0FPLzuIDaYKDH0WVHsEa?dl=0
    Bumping this cause I had to sift through and find the right link!
  • Brenex said:
    I made significant progress today. About 80% is has been cleaned up. More importantly I finished what I think is a significant recode to the confirmed and backtrack tracking but this is going to need more real world testing. I feel my statistics are better than the original logic since it takes in to consideration dependent events that have already occurred. The first step was looking at the manda example and thinking why doesn't the code here work like the straightforward logic presented there. Will release updated code soon. I also removed stacks as it was unwieldy to also include a smart offense as I figure this script would better be served as an ... affliction tracker? IDK

FYI, I'm not putting my name on it, just thought I would update and bring it to the masses. Long live AK
    You are amazing. From all of us terrible coders who have thousand line if/thens, this is super appreciated.
  • edited May 2018
    Brenex said:
    I made significant progress today. About 80% is has been cleaned up. More importantly I finished what I think is a significant recode to the confirmed and backtrack tracking but this is going to need more real world testing. I feel my statistics are better than the original logic since it takes in to consideration dependent events that have already occurred. The first step was looking at the manda example and thinking why doesn't the code here work like the straightforward logic presented there. Will release updated code soon. I also removed stacks as it was unwieldy to also include a smart offense as I figure this script would better be served as an ... affliction tracker? IDK

FYI, I'm not putting my name on it, just thought I would update and bring it to the masses. Long live AK
    Noooo you fixed the stats problem that I spotted 3-4 years ago, rip very slight advantage

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Brenex said:

Noooo you fixed the stats problem that I spotted 2 years ago, rip very slight advantage
    -- We round because this will tell us how many dependent events have occurred through healing (lol statistics)