Gold bug

i was told and played for a second but said ok this is to crazy. What happened to you? 

Comments

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    I was told and stayed right away. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    edited April 2018
    I didnt even suspect there was a gold bug until the post by Nicola.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• I don't even understand how that conversation goes.

How do you explain to someone that they can churn out millions of gold in minutes without thinking for even a second that it was a bug?
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Tiamat said:
    What was the post?

Its IG. Not a forum post.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • People always think they will be the one to get away with something.
  • Not me, I am unlucky as fuck so I know not to tempt fate.
  • edited April 2018
    Xaden said:
    I don't even understand how that conversation goes.

How do you explain to someone that they can churn out millions of gold in minutes without thinking for even a second that it was a bug?
    The one who discovered it, reported it almost immediately after confirming it was a bug. Unfortunately it was in the very early hours of the morning, that he found it. Said something on Discord along the lines of, "I hope there's an admin awake, because I'm pretty sure I just broke the game in a very bad way."

Still got shrubbed though.

RIP.

• So what was the bug? They just kept spinning up the same number?
  • edited April 2018
    Pyori said:
    Xaden said:

The one who discovered it, reported it almost immediately after confirming it was a bug. Unfortunately it was in the very early hours of the morning, that he found it. Said something on Discord along the lines of, "I hope there's an admin awake, because I'm pretty sure I just broke the game in a very bad way."

RIP.
    This could also be if they told others the mechanics to use it, or used it themselves during the time they were trying to rectify it.

edited: Which you know, that post in Memorable quotes from Kyrra featuring Katalyst showing off the bug means that word did somehow get around.
  • Pretty sure admin was able to see who abused what and acted accordingly 
  • Honestly I pulled back after 500k but I gamble a lot 
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    I'm still curious how it worked.

• Tiamat said:
    Pretty sure admin was able to see who abused what and acted accordingly 
    My mentor grew leaves while I was sleeping. Understand the need to follow through with punishments but I am still bummed. Super bummed.
  • Tahquil said:
    Pyori said:
    Xaden said:

RIP.
    This could also be if they told others the mechanics to use it, or used it themselves during the time they were trying to rectify it.

edited: Which you know, that post in Memorable quotes from Kyrra featuring Katalyst showing off the bug means that word did somehow get around.
    If you look at that, I asked her to pick a number and then I gave it a go. That wasn’t the bug. 
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Katalyst said:
    Tahquil said:
    Pyori said:
    Xaden said:

RIP.

If you look at that, I asked her to pick a number and then I gave it a go. That wasn’t the bug. 
    I appreciate the implication @Tahquil but I never knew anything about a bug. Katalyst was asking me to pick numbers for him, a lot of them he lost gold on. That was a spin right before I logged off for bed and he went max bid because it was for a final spin. That was me just getting lucky picking a number.

I was never told the mechanics, I was never asked if I wanted to know, I was in no way knowledgeable that anything was broken, I never play roulette that often outside of resolutions.

And for what it's worth, the gold that I did receive from Katalyst?

You deposit 1000000 golden sovereigns in the account of Nicola at The Royal Bank of Ashtan.

I'm not the sort of person to abuse bugs or want to hang onto things gotten through illegal means. If I pick up a $10 note on the sidewalk, if nobody owns it, I'll hand it to the closest business or charity box.

(D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Pyori said:
    Xaden said:

RIP.
    I will just note that Discord is not the place to bring bugs to our attention, this will always be the ingame BUG system ( or the ISSUE system if you are unsure if it is actually a bug - never do both at the same time )
  • edited April 2018
    Rhivona said:
    Pyori said:
    Xaden said:

RIP.
    I will just note that Discord is not the place to bring bugs to our attention, this will always be the ingame BUG system ( or the ISSUE system if you are unsure if it is actually a bug - never do both at the same time )
    Never said it's where he brought the bug up, just that he mentioned finding it. That was said after he reported it, and noted just how severe it was.

• edited April 2018
    Pyori said:
    Rhivona said:
    Pyori said:
    Xaden said:

RIP.
    Never said it's where he brought the bug up, just that he mentioned finding it. That was said after he reported it, and noted just how severe it was.
    One bug was filed regarding this situation, and two issues. The filers of these were not punished ( though this is also related to them not using the bug to gain a rather insane amount of gold )
    Their gold was also reverted, as with all the others.
  • Tahquil said:
    Not me, I am unlucky as fuck so I know not to tempt fate.
    Can you imagine if Kyrra did it?  Good Gods!   

• I hadn't gambled at all.

Also my computer was busted, so I couldn't do shit if I wanted. :(

[I miss you all. Greathunt plz. I want to murder things :( )
  • Rhivona said:
    Pyori said:
    Rhivona said:
    Pyori said:
    Xaden said:

RIP.
    One bug was filed regarding this situation, and two issues. The filers of these were not punished ( though this is also related to them not using the bug to gain a rather insane amount of gold )
    Their gold was also reverted, as with all the others.

Can't edit so..  I would rather know about it on Discord (despite rarely, if ever, being on Discord for more than 2 minutes) so the larger game population doesn't stumble into it.  The person who informed me only said it was bugged and wouldn't disclose the details so it couldn't propogate anymore.  And said he was warning novices at all the tables, but they ignored him/her.  Those who did it after the bug was posted there should definitely get shrubbed though.   I feel like there were more than a few who heard about the mechanics from novices and said "that can't be true" and then tried it as a way to troubleshoot to see if it was a bug - to prevent their novices from being shrubbed.  But I also heard stories of novices making millions.  The fact no one doing it thought you guys have records of every bit of text that goes through this game is a bit worrisome  on a societal level both IG and IRL.

• I can't think of anyone less likely to exploit something than Kyrra. I couldn't even give her a gift without her throwing stuff at me. 
  • Didn't know it existed until a few people commented on it, but even then I assumed it was exclusive to their circumstances not an all-encomposing bug.
  • Ajoc said:
    Didn't know it existed until a few people commented on it, but even then I assumed it was exclusive to their circumstances not an all-encomposing bug.
    all-encompassing.

• Now that it's not available for exploitation, the developer part of me is curious as to what the bug was.
  • Minifie said:
    I can't think of anyone less likely to exploit something than Kyrra. I couldn't even give her a gift without her throwing stuff at me. 
    I just meant she seems to have HORRIBLE luck (based on Rants post).  I don't know her IG or out. 

• There is a bug to exploit? Where?