Human Serpent

2»

Comments

• Daslin said:
    @Sarapis only issue with it? I don't see fourty million herbs and 40ish vials in her left hand!
    Serpents don't need herbs. That's what shrugging is for.

Don't need health vials either. That's what scales is for.
  • Don't need dirks. That's what biting is for.

Don't need long range attacks. Feet are for getting to close range.

Serpents are so pampered.
  • Not so sure about the arrows or dagger, and I totes agree on the lack of a whip. And she needs a dirk! But this looks pretty good.
    (I promise I'll stop being harsh.)
    I'll probably be shifting over to Starmourn, seeya there!
    discord: aciidwire#5240
    Please check out my new art page!

• The lack of a dirk isn't a big deal. Maybe she's wielding a dagger because they're better for backstab (slightly) or just more stylish. Dstab is the only thing that requires a dirk, and where stats matter forged daggers are better than forged dirks.
  • edited January 2013
    And you can always customise a dirk to look very dagger- or knife-like. Considering how much, say, a buckawn's spine differs from normal dirk, this isn't really such a huge stretch.

As long as it's still a short blade suitable for stabbing, it should work reasonably well for a serpent.
  • Doesn't resemble a Dunmer at all, in features or skin colour (especially since the greyishness is obviously due to it being dark and shadowy).
  • Daeir said:
    Looks like it does to me. Must we persist in trying to tell each other how to look at a piece of art?
    Colour isn't very subjective. If I said it looked like an Oompa-Loompa because of the orange skin, I would be objectively wrong.
  • Now, now, I'm sure both of your colour perceptions are pretty.
  • Liked both to encourage science fight.
  • I don't have any objections to it. I wouldn't hesitate to put that onto the front page of Achaea - the Comic Book at all. Most objections here are just subjective.
  • Someone find Silas' description. Daeir's too.

There is only one recourse.
  • He is a human, lol.

• Daeir said:
    Might want to have a read into colour perception before saying things like that. While that statement seems logically correct, it is quite false. What I see as orange and what you see as orange are two completely different things. The experience and perception of colour is just as subjective as every other.

You don't know what somebody else's orange looks like though, so you've both associated the label orange with a particular shade.
  • edited January 2013
    @Daier is engaging an argument from innocence.  That @Sena's statement that colour is objective has not been empirically demonstrated is not evidence that it is false.  That said, the fact there's a huge body of evidence that shows that colour perception is hugely influenced by surrounding colours.  So the colour you see on your screen could conceivably be 'different' depending on the colour of your wall.  That said, until psychologists and philosophers have solved the Problem of Consciousness, fully debunked privileged access and/or solved the mind/body problem left behind by Cartesian Dualism, you'll just have to agree to disagree.  

Hopefully, though, you'll escalate this strange argument and flame one another instead, because that's much more entertaining.

ETA: Wherez teh titties?
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • I think this thread has probably run its course. :)
This discussion has been closed.