We're pleased to announce a new version of our Nexus client is available to test! This release focuses on quality of life improvements and fixing up a bunch of issues that were a source of frustration for users. Head over to https://newclient.achaea.com
and check it out today!
Details of the changes are as follows:
- The scrollback system has been rewritten, fixing issues with the scrollback position jumping around when text was received from the game.
- Double-clicking the scrollback window will now close it.
- The logging system was overhauled, removing the over-time lag that would happen while logging was active. The timed playback of logs was removed, but this allowed a greater amount of text to be logged than before.
- New configuration options were added:
- "Copy on select" will automatically copy selected text in the main output window to your clipboard.
- "Show timestamps in logs" will toggle whether to show timestamps in logs.
- "Prepend history on logging start" will prepend the existing text in your output window to the beginning of the log.
- Copying text from the output window no longer places an additional blank line between lines.
- Simplified scripting actions now support hex color code entry when picking colors.
- Simplified scripting will now autocomplete variable names with or without the @ symbol.
- Simplified scripting now has an action to modify the buttons (Labels, commands, and highlight status).
- API functions were added for the button manipulation.
- buttons_set_label(id, text)
- buttons_set_commands(id, cmds)
- buttons_set_highlight(id, on_off)
- Entering a room with something you have targeted will now correctly show the map and other room information.
As always, we'll have this client up for testing for a few days before moving it over to replace the "live" client.