runelore sketching function

Purely because no one should have to type up this table ever again (and seriously, if it already exists I don't want to know about it):

rw = rw or {}
rw.runes = {
	kena = {inks = {'red'},},
	uruz = {inks = {'blue', 'yellow',},},
	fehu = {inks = {'red'},},
	pithakhan = {inks = {'red'},},
	jera = {inks = {'purple'},},
	inguz = {inks = {'red'},},
	wunjo = {inks = {'red'},},
	lagul = {inks = {'purple'},},
	sowulu = {inks = {'red'},},
	algiz = {inks = {'green'},},
	isaz = {inks = {'red', 'blue',},},
	dagaz = {inks = {'red', 'green'},},
	gebu = {inks = {'gold'},},
	gebo = {inks = {'gold'},},
	gular = {inks = {'red'},},
	raido = {inks = {'green'},},
	thurisaz = {inks = {'red', 'blue'},},
	lagua = {inks = {'purple'},},
	hugalaz = {inks = {'blue'},},
	nauthiz = {inks = {'blue', 'yellow'},},
	mannaz = {inks = {'red'},},
	othala = {inks = {'red', 'red', 'red', 'red', 'red',},},
	sleizak = {inks = {'blue'},},
	tiwaz = {inks = {'red', 'red', 'blue'},},
	berkana = {inks = {'yellow', 'yellow', 'yellow',},},
	nairat = {inks = {'yellow'},},
	eihwaz = {inks = {'blue', 'yellow'},},
	laguz = {inks = {'purple'},},
	loshre = {inks = {'blue'},},
}
function rw.sketch(rune,loc)
	local inks = rw.runes[rune]['inks']
	for _,ink in ipairs(inks) do
		send('outr ' .. ink .. 'ink')
	end
	send('sketch ' .. rune .. ' on ' .. loc)
	for _,ink in ipairs(inks) do
		send('inr ' .. ink .. 'ink')
	end	
end

It should be fairly obvious how to use the function in aliases or wherever. If it's not, just ask.

No, I am not sure why I chose to use indexed tables instead of othala = {red = 5,}
It works though and I'm not typing it out the other way.

Comments

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Thats a really excellent script, but... You... you don't have to outr inks to sketch runes anymore...

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Very nice, but ultimately meaningless :(

The 'sketch' command will automatically(and silently) outr the appropriate inks automatically, without any need for clientside intervention.

H:7454/6046 M:4991/4639 E:99 W:100 <ex> <ckdb> T: R: 0 K:0 S:- 10:14:23.95  -ii ink
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You are holding:

You are wearing:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    No items were shown.
    = S--@h95,H91,W<-SE@38kts,C/S->W@0,VII
    H:7454/6046 M:4991/4639 E:99 W:100 <ex> <ckdb> T: R: 0 K:0 S:- 10:14:26.65  -SKETCH URUZ ON GROUND
    You begin sketching an uruz rune on the ground.
  • edited April 2018
    ... shit

Edit: be nice if that was in the ab file for sketching.
    I also only just found out last night that we don't have to unwield before wielding. 
  • Leffe said:
    ... shit

Edit: be nice if that was in the ab file for sketching.
    I also only just found out last night that we don't have to unwield before wielding. 
    You can submit TYPOs if you think there's information missing from AB or HELP files which should be included.
  • I was just reading this the other day after going through some announce posts actually heh: 

readnews announce 4615

• edited April 2018
    Did not know this. I assumed (apparently foolishly) that when it did not allow me to eat an herb without outrifting it, that this would apply to everything else in the rift as well.

So does this work only for inks? What about comms for enchanting? (or other tradeskills)
  • Not that it matters anymore, but when transmutation happened in a lab, I could make minerals with metals from my rift, but had to specifically take primes out to make metals. 
  • Would be nice if Magi crystals worked the same way as inks. 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Ekin said:
    Did not know this. I assumed (apparently foolishly) that when it did not allow me to eat an herb without outrifting it, that this would apply to everything else in the rift as well.

So does this work only for inks? What about comms for enchanting? (or other tradeskills)

It also works for inking tattoos.

For class-based things, it works for sketching runes and creating a golem with Artificing. It may also work for Formulation.

For trade-skills, it works for creating elixirs and salves with Remedies. It doesn't work for cooking, forging, or enchanting as far as I know.

• Ekin said:
    It works for tattoos, runes, remedies, toxicology, formulation, and various miscellaneous abilities (such as etherchannel). Forging requires commodities to be outrifted. Not sure about any other tradeskills.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    It works for tailoring, too. Not sure about jewelry.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    I think jewellery will do the comms but you need to have the gold crafting fee in your hands?
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Sobriquet said:
    Would be nice if Magi crystals worked the same way as inks. 
    Classlead it!