Simple Ideas

Comments

• Except in this scenario, using you as a reference was just fine. The conversation fit how you personally play the game. You “get away” with it because technically you’re not breaking rules. That was my point with the post.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • If a bounty isn't completed by the time the crime is done, you lost the right to bounty it, take bounties and chase harder. The flip side is if you try to raid a city, and they just "lolno" you still get to bounty them for the crime, even though all they got to do was sit in a room and prep for nothing. swings and roundabouts.

• Is there a reason why SHIP LIST doesn't include the type of ship it is? I.e., cutter, strider, galley.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    That's what fleetsense is for, plus many more details!
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • TalamondTalamond Atop his throne of books
    edited April 2018
    I'd like to see the Sinope earrings altered so that you can pay half the current cost for your "end", with the other end being purchasable by yourself or someone else.
  • Melodie said:
    Currently, without decorated and not including artefacts, you can only have one single neck item worn, whether this is a necklace, a chain, a scarf, or whatever else.

This drives me bananas, and seems pointless.

Please give us like, four neck slots, instead.

Totally what I pictured you like, @mel@Melodie
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    ... why am I a giraffe? :confused:
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Mindnet freaks me out while I'm both sailing and in a harbor. I don't suppose there is any way to stop people from showing up on mindnet when they really aren't in the true area, is there? I'm thinking it may have something to do with them being in the wilderness or something.
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Skye said:
    Is there any chance we can swap the red chitin with yellow for the scorpions on Zaphar? We already have so much red reagents in excess, people gather thousands of clay to find gold flakes and then they dump clay on the ground.

Honestly the same goes for lumic and ink sacs, but the yellow chitin is especially annoying to gather because there's like just one place to get it like... anywhere.
    This is my rant but in snake skins. I've idea'd it, thrown it out there on the forums, made woeful doe eyes at Mak in messages. 

Playing with giant scorps would be so much more fun if they harvested for yellow chitin. +1
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• (This was a bit of a large suggestion, so I've put it in spoiler tags. The idea is concerning Talisman pieces of rarely available sets and possible solutions.)

While Talisman trading is a lucrative hobby and even business to some, it does become incredibly frustrating to have an incomplete talisman of a set sitting in your list.

Some Talisman sets, such as Blackwave and Death, are often repeatedly seen in promos, while others such as Marks, Historical or even Seafaring, are as rare as Hecate's courters. With the introduction of more and more sets, we begin to see this problem become even further pronounced, as these sets drift into obscurity once their promotion is over.

People with incomplete monocles, islandwings,  lilies, etc, are very unlikely to see these talismans completed without a great amount of luck.

I have several solutions listed below, based on personal favorite to least.

1. Introduction of a Shop of Wonders item that can create a random piece for any Talisman (let's call it the universal cache). The talisman piece created would be classified as having no value for tradein. This would also give more use for Mayan crowns.

2. Introduce a new memento item that, when purchased, will allow you to create a random piece for a talisman set. This would provide more appeal as well as a larger market for mementos. Uncertain if it should have tradein value.

3. Introduce a wheel concept where a player can pay a large amount of gold to 'spin the wheel'. The wheel would have every (non-bashing) talisman piece listed upon it. Uncertain if it should have tradein value.

4. Introduce the ability to convert lessons into a random talisman piece of a set. This would provide some avenue for individuals that have no use for lessons to spend them in some fashion. Tradein value would likely be dependent on the cost, but I feel it should have none.

5. Introduce another gambling concept that will 'convert' a talisman piece into any other random talisman piece (cannot be used on bashing talismans). There is a risk associated with this, as your talisman can simply become gold.

6. Introduce a gold purchasable item (the universal cache) that can open for any talisman piece (not including bashing talismans). These talisman pieces would have no value.

• Is there any way we could stop trying to sip from alembics when they have something in them? There is no way to do so, and the mechanic seems to prioritize the alembic before vials.
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Ismay said:
    Is there any way we could stop trying to sip from alembics when they have something in them? There is no way to do so, and the mechanic seems to prioritize the alembic before vials.
    It'll sip if it's the first item in your inventory before all of your vials. If you drop and pick up your alembic, it should prioritise your vials first.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• I personally love the ranking systems we have here in Achaea, and I'd love to see one for our smiths out there. 

Maybe something like rankings smiths/forging (potential number), and that would show who has the highest number of descriptors mastered and their rank ...or something fun like that! 

Might incentivise more people to spend gold on their smithing to beat a number spot, just like people do with hunting?

• Nearly to the point that I would PAY for shop logs.

Thanks!

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    I wonder if anyone has any solution for all those lotteries that were opened and are now just sitting there, undrawn and unconsolidated. It seems like a huge waste. One of them is owned by a guy who has a house title from pre-Ren Eleusis and is dormant. At least a couple of them are. It wouldn't surprise me if some of these lotteries will just keep on running until half the ticket holders themselves go dormant.

• edited June 2018
    Ismay said:
    Is there any way we could stop trying to sip from alembics when they have something in them? There is no way to do so, and the mechanic seems to prioritize the alembic before vials.
    Hrm, thought I fixed that one. I'll take a look at this today.

Edit: Found it! Fix will be live later today.
  • Could it be possible to add a function for citizens to be able to TOUCH a font to see it's energy levels? Would help for them to know how far along it is without needing to wait for a security aide.
  • Can we get it so that the city totemer can bypass the water restriction in implanting in the city/subs/sewers (only)? Trying to find someone willing to part 56643467743 rooms worth of water for implanting is turning my hair white.
  • I've never agreed to implanting every room in the subs. In the city proper is different but there aren't that many water rooms in the city proper are there?
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • You may never have agreed to do all the rooms in the subs, but it bothers me that we have some but not all (or none). I don't mind wasting the time to do it, but I'm spending more time trying to find someone to actually part the water in 1 room than I would if I did every room anyways.
  • Some rooms have it, likely because someone's house is (or was) there. Not because someone decided to randomly put totems in the subs.

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    There's plenty of people around with an aqua staff.

• edited June 2018
    Pyori said:
    Some rooms have it, likely because someone's house is (or was) there. Not because someone decided to randomly put totems in the subs.
    I very much doubt that every room in the subs with a totem aside from those that were created in the last year or so had a house.
  • Zeris said:
    Pyori said:
    Some rooms have it, likely because someone's house is (or was) there. Not because someone decided to randomly put totems in the subs.
    I very much doubt that every room in the subs with a totem aside from those that were created in the last year or so had a house.
    You greatly underestimate just how many people have/had houses.

Some people have owned multiple plots as well, and if they retire, those plots become vacated.

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    I really wish Delos could have some sort of subdivision.

So uh... it's come to our attention that shiplogs don't record changes to any sort of perms (boarding/crew/captaincy) which they probably should for auditing purposes, especially for org ships.

Any chance that could be added for us?