Quick Questions

Comments

• Yeah those were small changes expected in an inter round cycle. Conceptual changes were always more likely in an actual classlead round. 

• Are people still crying about Shikudo? I wasn't aware that it was up for a conceptual change.
  • Puxi said:
    Are people still crying about Shikudo? I wasn't aware that it was up for a conceptual change.
    There are conversations that have taken place about the class, and you’ll likely see several classleads about it.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Puxi said:
    Are people still crying about Shikudo? I wasn't aware that it was up for a conceptual change.
    as long as any changes to shik happen to dwalker as well
  • It's been awhile since a proper classlead round so I'm sure a bunch of stuff is going to get lit up.

• Farrah said:
    Kiet said:
    Silas said:
    In all the time I’ve played Achaea, “across-the-aisle” roleplay has been sparing at best.

I’m more interested in the shape of the individual factions, which ethos they’re following, how interestingly they’re doing it, etc.

Targossas is probably how you left it, but with a good sized population and less inactive dawnlords. They're doing pretty well.

Wow, thanks. :(

Targossas has changed pretty vastly from my perspective. We have a lot of younger characters who have taken over things.

Caefir are a more active order. We burned down the Arboretum in Ashtan.

Targossas went through a period of being the top dog faction, for the first time ever, and won another war (which we organized to be unique with terms and cool battles on Nishnatoba). We have the staff of nicator and effigy of victory.

We finally allied with Jaru and do RP stuff there regularly now.

There is a ton of fun RP in the city as well as strong PK and probably more overall unity than ever before. There is also new lore with, for example, the emerald mist in the city.

The Luminai was completely restructured as well, and is now very active and has a sweet tower.

(The Dawnlord curse has continued since I stepped down btw. Micaelis went dormant mid-term and now Atalkez's computer broke.)
    I don't think Targ was in a terrible phase when Silas was around, was it? Obv targ is better than that weird period where they were dead, but I'm pretty sure Silas missed that :tongue:
  • Atalkez said:
    Aralaya said:
    Atalkez said:
    Kriex said:
    Atalkez said:
    For now! I'll be back ASAP!
    Stop getting our hopes up you filthy ps4 player.  I see you playing fortnite
    What else am I gonna do? :cry:
    Break out your phone and log in.
    You got a city to run.
    Shit no. I check messages by phone, that’s all u get from me. Mobile won’t work for PK.
    Will nexus client run on a console's browser?

• edited March 2018
    Kiet said:
    Farrah said:
    Kiet said:
    Silas said:
    In all the time I’ve played Achaea, “across-the-aisle” roleplay has been sparing at best.

I’m more interested in the shape of the individual factions, which ethos they’re following, how interestingly they’re doing it, etc.

Targossas is probably how you left it, but with a good sized population and less inactive dawnlords. They're doing pretty well.

Wow, thanks. :(

Targossas has changed pretty vastly from my perspective. We have a lot of younger characters who have taken over things.

Caefir are a more active order. We burned down the Arboretum in Ashtan.

Targossas went through a period of being the top dog faction, for the first time ever, and won another war (which we organized to be unique with terms and cool battles on Nishnatoba). We have the staff of nicator and effigy of victory.

We finally allied with Jaru and do RP stuff there regularly now.

There is a ton of fun RP in the city as well as strong PK and probably more overall unity than ever before. There is also new lore with, for example, the emerald mist in the city.

The Luminai was completely restructured as well, and is now very active and has a sweet tower.

(The Dawnlord curse has continued since I stepped down btw. Micaelis went dormant mid-term and now Atalkez's computer broke.)
    I don't think Targ was in a terrible phase when Silas was around, was it? Obv targ is better than that weird period where they were dead, but I'm pretty sure Silas missed that :tongue:

Oh, it's more that it'd be sad if it just remained stagnant this whole time. Also boring. I didn't take it as a serious jab, though. Just thought you said a lot about Mhaldor and Ashtan and didn't do justice to all that's happened in Targ!

A ton has changed in the city: new buildings, new rank structure, new leadership structure, restructured Houses (their rank structures are all pretty vastly different from his time too), lots of events that have happened, new lore, new annual happenings, new prayers, new rituals, new convert process, new academy process, new newcomer tasks, etc. etc. 

I can't even list every change that's happened just from when I became Dawnlord until now, and there were some cool changes before then that were post-Silas era as well.

We have a lot of people who have put in a lot of effort to make great things happen, including our amazing god, and things are very different from Targ's founding time.
  • tesha's not the PoE...............
     <3 
  • Talamond said:
    Not to mention, their Prophet of Enlightenment is gorgeous<3

I don't know. I'm not sure he wears those droopy eyes from overly long nights of scribing very well.
  • TalamondTalamond Atop his throne of books
    Oh, har har. Let's just see about that.
    -p tesha
    You move sluggishly into action.
    In seven years.
  • Silas said:
    Tahquil said:
    @Silas I lost my looks so now I’m Stupid AND ugly.
    Still jealous.
    I prefer petty. Feel free to add a charity 'r' in there.
  • @Tahquil I meant I'm still jealous. You're probs still pretty tho.

Also: glad to hear Targ is back on the up and up. Good to hear a lot of the issues that were plaguing it after the warmongering start have been/are being addressed, and it sounds like all the right things are being done to give the city a cohesive identity.

• Aegoth said:
    I think that Farrah's prettier than Tesha. Especially when she's on fire from the Deuc ritual, and burns into ash. That really is attractive

This is @Farrah
  • Kriex said:
    Aegoth said:
    I think that Farrah's prettier than Tesha. Especially when she's on fire from the Deuc ritual, and burns into ash. That really is attractive

This is @Farrah
    What? No... THIS is @Farrah

• Do xp gain modifiers stack? Such as iron elite and profithyst?
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• Yes it does
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • edited April 2018
    Iron Elite and Profithyst do stack. Iron Elites stacks with everything. However, there are other sources that don't stack but instead extends the timer.
  • Iron Elite, Profithyst, orbs, chocolates, and outer island bonuses all stack.

Additionally, kill things that aren't killed often. Moghedu is terrible experience since the life expectancy of mhun is approximately 34 seconds. Istarion and Morindar are slightly better, Prin is awesome if you can get there/survive.

I also recommend killing things in the Tree or Elemental Planes. The algelta and jellyfish on Water give about .3% at 98.
  • The bonus experience that you get from great hunts is also a multiplier.

Under that bonus:

IRE = 50%
    Profithyst = 80%
    etc

With the right investment of in game items you could probably go from 1 to dragon in a real life day during a great hunt.

• Do it as a Shaman with a leech horde, imo.
  • Cooper said:
    The bonus experience that you get from great hunts is also a multiplier.

Under that bonus:

IRE = 50%
    Profithyst = 80%
    etc

With the right investment of in game items you could probably go from 1 to dragon in a real life day during a great hunt.

I don't see how to be honest.

• KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Anyone know what the contenders bouquet looks like yet? Doesn't matter which city, though Cyrene would be preferable.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• Tjay said:
    Cooper said:
    The bonus experience that you get from great hunts is also a multiplier.

Under that bonus:

IRE = 50%
    Profithyst = 80%
    etc

I don't see how to be honest.
    With just 188% bonus (orb + my elite) i got 50% xp at lvl 90 in an hour hunting mirror caves and annwyn. Add in great hunt bonus, life enhancement, chocolates, and profithyst you looking at (iirc) 450%+.

Add in puppet leech on like 5 people hunting as well in the great hunt and you could easily do it in 24 hours assuming you had enough stuff to last the 24 hours and hunted non stop
  • You'd need 1000% bonus xp to do dragon in ~27 hours assuming 300 hours as the fastest I've ever seen (and that was with profithyst). Leeching can obv make that faster though.
  • Who has done dragon in 300 hours?
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.