Opinions on Jester for a retiree to Achaea and in general

2»

Comments

• Jester flavour is excellent. No need to change it, other than maybe a slightly more fitting line for bop. 

Firecracker battlerage is one of my favourite lines in Achaea.

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Cailin said:
    If we all wanted only dark, we'd be playing Aetolia.
    Not even, because they have Beer Pong.
  • If we only wanted dark, we probably more than likely wouldn't be playing any IRE game... Every single one of them had silly things that "broke immersion of the game" .. As Calira said, they don't really do that. They're just as much a part of an immersive world as anything else in the game. Court jesters and the like go back... Extremely far in history.

• Minifie said:
    Jester breaks limbs with puppets, not immersion.
    Sure, I was commenting only on the flavor, not the mechanics. Thought that would be pretty clear. 
  • edited April 2018
    Pyori said:
    If we only wanted dark, we probably more than likely wouldn't be playing any IRE game... Every single one of them had silly things that "broke immersion of the game" .. As Calira said, they don't really do that. They're just as much a part of an immersive world as anything else in the game. Court jesters and the like go back... Extremely far in history.
    The problem is when jesters are less court jester and more modern clown. I think the class would be fine if you just changed balloon giraffes, badjoke, banana peels, and maybe the flavour text for suicide mice and bop. The house has other problematic elements, but the class itself doesn't really have anything else that needs changing in my opinion.
  • There's room for people to interpret and play.the class in many ways. Some might like to play a court jester, others a clown or dark clown. Whatever.

The balloons though, ew. I remember the class being released and even the history/nostalgia behind suicide mice wasn't enough to get me past the cringe factor of balloons - I couldn't bring myself to make a newb even to play with the lowbie skills. 
  •                  

• Would the balloons be more palatable if you had options in balloon animal?

• edited April 2018
    tbh I got tired of joker wannabes years before achaean jester flavor and given achaean jester is several years older than the most popular recent joker, that says something about how fresh being the joker is
  • Voli said:
    Would the balloons be more palatable if you had options in balloon animal?
    That would be worse.