Artefact questions and discussion

Comments

• Lyr said:
    Thanks, but I really just want to be a priest :( I don't find anything particularly compelling about any other class. I'd rather just be the best priest I can be if that makes sense.

Log in and play. We raid at like 12:30am EST. You could get a lyre or +str gauntlets. There's a post by @Tesha that talks better about nimble vs Quick-witted for priest too.
  • Morthif said:
    Lyr said:
    Thanks, but I really just want to be a priest :( I don't find anything particularly compelling about any other class. I'd rather just be the best priest I can be if that makes sense.

Log in and play. We raid at like 12:30am EST. You could get a lyre or +str gauntlets. There's a post by @Tesha that talks better about nimble vs Quick-witted for priest too.
    Thanks, where is it? I'm quick-witted and CON specced at the moment.
  • Sip ring upgrade, definitely.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    i've always found that regen rings > sip rings, since they tick even if you can't sip
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• Lyr said:
    Morthif said:
    Lyr said:

Thanks, where is it? I'm quick-witted and CON specced at the moment.
    Here: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/comment/273142/#Comment_273142
  • Oh ha-ha. Sent it to him in game. Forgot to reply here.
  • Kind of lost interest a bit with the long wait for multiclass. So decided to spend the credits I have been saving. Budget is 1278 credits with 140 upgrade credits. 

have: 

aldar talisman
    hunter's belt
    brooch of the tempest
    ring of endurance
    SoA
    artie pipes
    ranger's bow with shooting upgrade
    eagle's wings
    platinum whistle
    ring of flying
    lvl1 health sip ring

Level 101 Runewarden, combat focused. 

Thanks!
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Which knight spec are you?  Don't see the weapons listed.  Would get level two longsword of snb or a pair of level 1 scims if dwc.
  • Achilles said:
    Which knight spec are you?  Don't see the weapons listed.  Would get level two longsword of snb or a pair of level 1 scims if dwc.
    snb. I tossed the idea of a sword around earlier. I decided to get more advice though in case there were other things I should be getting first. Getting the sword allows me to use up the upgrade credits. Saves me a few credits to use elsewhere.
  • Why buckawn's for PK? Is it that prevalent and useful? It seems like a lot of credits to stop a web tattoo. And more important than 10% sip? I'm probably going to go for dragon, as well as raiding, so sip seems useful. My crits are so slow though, and bashing is quite onerous :(
  • Lyr said:
    Why buckawn's for PK? Is it that prevalent and useful? It seems like a lot of credits to stop a web tattoo. And more important than 10% sip? I'm probably going to go for dragon, as well as raiding, so sip seems useful. My crits are so slow though, and bashing is quite onerous :(
    Of my spars against momentum classes, they are a hell to fight against if I can't web them. Buckawn OP.
  • Jadys said:
    Achilles said:
    snb. I tossed the idea of a sword around earlier. I decided to get more advice though in case there were other things I should be getting first. Getting the sword allows me to use up the upgrade credits. Saves me a few credits to use elsewhere.
    My only concern with weapons in general is what happens if you change.  I would make sure that I wanted SnB first. Even if you have to roll a few alts to test the minor ones in limited capacity, rechecking the styles wouldn't be a bad idea since you know so much more now. Worth taking the extra time just to make sure you don't flush credits. 
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    Lyr said:
    Why buckawn's for PK? Is it that prevalent and useful? It seems like a lot of credits to stop a web tattoo. And more important than 10% sip? I'm probably going to go for dragon, as well as raiding, so sip seems useful. My crits are so slow though, and bashing is quite onerous :(
    if they notice you don't have a buckawns, they're probably going to web-spam you
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    Buckawns are more important for groups and raids than single combat.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • So, with say 1300 cr, buckawns+lyre or buckawns+crit pendant upgrade? Or just save up for a veil? (The answer should probably be "don't get credits if you don't know what to buy with them", I know.)
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    lyre > pendant.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • If you have any intention on hunting to dragon,  get the pendant. Lyre is going to boost both departments, but critical hits speed up your hunting so much that it's hard to pass up.  Hunting wise, it's almost always better to run over lyre.
  • OK great, thanks. Also do people have an idea of what would be in a "PVP starter pack" collection of artefacts?
  • Old thread, but...

Is a level 1 arte spear a decent purchase for a Sentinel these days? Not looking for a "get an SoA first" or "get a crit pendant first", I'm well aware of that advice. Just want to know how arte spears stand with the class. I know 2-hand arte swords are really awesome for knights, so it's possible.
  • Spears are really good for sent but not sure if a level 1 would do much, it's a minor benefit at that point.
  • KenwayKenway San Francisco
    Tuning fork or rapier first for bard? I'm thinking rapier but I haven't had harmonics long enough yet to be sure how annoying upkeep is.

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    Would say Fork if you planned on fighting out of the arena, so you can set your harmonics up somewhere and call them to you if you get jumped. (Harms/Vibes don't decary like Rites/Gravehands if you're out of the room, right?) If primarily in-arena, where you have to re-do them every fight anyway, rapier's probably fine.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • Harmonics work the same way as rites, they'll tick down constantly and the offensive ones decay faster if you're not in the room with them. Only difference is you can summon the full set to you, rather than having to put harmonics down in every new room. Upkeep on them isn't particularly annoying, but a full set of harmonics does take a long time to play. I usually just run a limited set for bashing (anthem, hallelujah, canticle, gigue, continuo, and the mana regen one), then fill in the others if I can when entering combat.

Rapier makes a pretty huge difference so I'd personally go for that. The pendulum is also a decent choice, to be honest, especially if you're planning to hunt as Bard (you should, it's amazing).

• edited January 2018
    Please forgive the Necro if there is another thread for this. I have a question about the alchemist artefact:

An aludel of pellucid glass:             500 credits - alchemical_focus
       - For Alchemy users, this triples the number of stacks from sulphur
         and mercury, and reduces the chance for gold to fail when transferring.

How does one 'stack' sulphur and mercury. When I try to re-cast it I am unable, since I already have the defense.

Is there a way to view how many stacks I currently have?

• Pretty sure it just increases how many times it can trigger before fading. It triggers like 10-15 times or something before fading, I don't remember the exact number, just that it never lasted all that long.
  • Sulphur/mercury last for a minimum of 10 sips, and the randomness makes it hard to be sure but it seems to be a simple 15% chance of fading on every sip starting with the 10th. The artefact would presumably raise the minimum to 30, and possibly also triple the average number of extra sips you get above the minimum.
  • edited April 2018

I recently won an unexpected 1000 credits off of the Humgii tracks, so I'm stuck in a dilemna. Looking for some advice.

Class: Serpent + Magi
    Budget: 2000 ~ 2400 bound credits
    Goal: Faster hunting OR convenience artefacts
    Already have: Level 2 health artefacts, level 3 serpent artefacts, level 1 magi artefacts + some fun stuff (cape, bugle, wings, etc)

Option 1: Upgrade boots to level 2, get artie armour + one crit paragon (not sure which is better)

Option 2: Ugrade boots to level 3

Option 3: Get two crit paragons +armour

Extra option 4: Get Occie + lesser shard

Option 5: ??

Mainly looking to pick between 1-3, but feel free to make suggestions.

• My vote goes to option 1. It seems it give you a bit of all you want.
  • Artefact armor should be the last thing you get. What about health regen artefact? 
  • Puxi said:
    Artefact armor should be the last thing you get. What about health regen artefact? 
    I have a level one, I think. I can tank most denizens with ease though.