Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Svof

1262728293032»

Comments

• AnzeAnze Posts: 85Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    edited March 30
    nvm sry
  • VoliVoli Posts: 82Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    @Tahquil Whenever that has happened to me, with the mapper (usually when I am trying to RF a location, it breaks), restarting mudlet fixed it.

If that doesn't do anything, then I've got nothing for yah.

• TahquilTahquil Posts: 3,987Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    @Voli Thanks. All patched up.
  • PuxiPuxi Posts: 515Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Aegoth said:
    Whatever happened to the beta svof where Vadi unlocked everything and it was multiclass support and all that jazz?
    https://github.com/svof/svof/pull/329

No one is helping mark this shit off the list for testing so there hasn't been a release. I think DK and myself have done 90% of the testing so far, but we cannot do everything.
    Brenex
  • DragonknightDragonknight Posts: 252Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Puxi said:
    Aegoth said:
    Whatever happened to the beta svof where Vadi unlocked everything and it was multiclass support and all that jazz?
    https://github.com/svof/svof/pull/329

No one is helping mark this shit off the list for testing so there hasn't been a release. I think DK and myself have done 90% of the testing so far, but we cannot do everything.
    Honestly, nothing is going to get done there unless the community comes together to test the shit and stuff. I tested a bunch of shit, way more than to be expected for someone who doesn't even play anymore. On top of that, I mean we asked you to test Magi and the retardation stuff months ago @Aegoth. How's that going? I mostly ran out of things to test because I didn't feel combat savvy enough to test them properly. I don't see any further progress going into this unless people who actually play the game feel like putting for the effort. I don't blame Vadi for not working on it either. It's supposed to be an open sourced community project. All those people that came forward saying they would help if Svof was entirely contain inside mudlet, not seeing a lot of action from them. Vadi went ahead and did it, when it needed to be tested where did they go?

Props to the few who did test it.
    PuxiCyr
  • TahquilTahquil Posts: 3,987Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Can you test if your not combat savvy and don’t have any multiclass?
    Rispok
  • DragonknightDragonknight Posts: 252Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    If your classes defup/keepup hasn't been tested, pretty sure it doesn't really require much combat knowledge. It pretty much works or doesn't

• RispokRispok Posts: 695Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    lifevision mask doesn't defup automatically in dragon on runewarden svof, when it's set to defup.
  • CyrCyr Posts: 79Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    My personal life has gotten quite busy so I stopped debugging things. I also don't and have never used the system so my ability to test certain bugfixes is limited. Add to the fact that it's quite time consuming to find/fix some of these things and I'm not going to spend a ton of time on it if the community as a whole isn't. 

Dunn tells you, "I hate you."
    PuxiDragonknight
  • KeiKei Posts: 321Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    edited April 1
    It is a horribly thankless job, especially if you are not making anything from it at all. It sucks even when you are being paid for it.

That said, I checked it out and will start digging around too, now that my own projects are at a stable place. Do we have a place where there is more detailed code documentation/diagrams, or people who might know where to start looking for things, so I do not have to start entirely from scratch on understanding the system and finding/fixing bugs? Specifically for the in-client branch, that is.

Bydar, a garish-looking trader says, "I'm not a man, I'm an experience."
  • KriexKriex Posts: 140Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Not really. The search function in mudlet is a great way to find where certain things are tied to. You can start with that.  Once the Great Hunt is over Ill try and start working on it myself 
  • VadimusesVadimuses Posts: 1,077Member @ - Epic Achaean
    I intend to finish up the beta as it'll make the system more approachable to work on, but as you guys have seen I don't have time to maintain the system so the community will need to pick up the slack. I'm happy to explain how the confusing parts of the systems work, drop by Discord and ask: https://discord.gg/Pww8Bc

• RomRom Posts: 519Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    You have to set links to 'never expire' when you create them. This one will work: https://discord.gg/r6y8pK3

Chat with other players in real time on your phone, browser, or desktop client:
    Come join the Achaea discord!
  • IsmayIsmay Posts: 510Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    I've been getting a LOT of this while bashing, since going shikudo monk. All these time stamp thingies cause all kinds of lag. Does anyone know what causes it, and how to fix it?

You take a drink from a cedarwood vial.
    The elixir heals and soothes you.
    5450|5450h, 3401|3461m, 23675e, 14338w, t-Xoran|74%, 45.9xp, k, (+981),11:33:05.426, e|s|w(+981h)
    (2.36s) (2.407s) (2.469s) (2.516s) (2.594s) (2.641s) (2.688s) (2.735s)
                                                                           (1.61s)
    You may eat another plant or mineral.
    You have recovered balance on your right arm.
    You have recovered balance on your left arm.
    [System]: Running queued eqbal command: STAND
    You stand up.
    [System]: Running queued eqbal command: KILL XORAN
    Stepping forward, you drive the end of a twisted oaken staff into the left arm of a xorani guardian.
    [Rage]: +5.8. Total: 51.1
    Continuing your kata, you spin a twisted oaken staff in your hands and drive it in a sharp thrust
    towards the right arm of a xorani guardian.
    You drive your foot up in a rising kick at the head of a xorani guardian.
    You have scored a CRUSHING CRITICAL hit! (1.5s)

• VoliVoli Posts: 82Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    I think it is the result of lag with svo thinking you are EQ knocked, so it is spamming concentrate. Could be wrong

• VadimusesVadimuses Posts: 1,077Member @ - Epic Achaean
    This would be the result of lag indeed, not the cause
    Ismay
    Odd, it only started happening after I changed from Tekura to Shikudo.
  • BrenexBrenex Posts: 105Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    edited April 28
    Here is the fix for the script "ndb.downloaded_file":

-- credit to Veldrin for the original function
    function ndb.downloaded_file(_, filename)
      -- is the file that downloaded ours?
      if not string.find(filename, "namedb.json") then return end
      local f = io.open(filename)
      local s = f:read("*all")
      if f then f:close() end
      os.remove(filename)
      s = s:gsub("\"", "")
      local name = filename:match("(%w+)-namedb")
      local fullname = s:match([[fullname:(.+),city]])
      local level = s:match([[level:(%d+),class]])
      local city = s:match([[city:(%.+),house]])
      local house = s:match([[house:(.+),level]])
      local class = s:match([[class:(.+),mob_kills]])
      local xp_rank = s:match([[xp_rank:(%d+),explorer_rank]])
      local dragon
      local temp_name_list

-- sometimes players, unless you're logged in, aren't visible
      if s:find("I do not recognize that player.") then
        temp_name_list = {{
          name = name,
          xp_rank = -2,
        }}

elseif level == nil then
        temp_name_list = {{
          name = name,
          immortal = 1
        }}

else

if tonumber(level) > 98 then dragon = 1 else dragon = 0 end
        if tonumber(xp_rank) == 0 then xp_rank = -2 end -- unranked shows up as 0

temp_name_list = {{
          name = name,
          class = class,
          dragon = dragon,
          title = fullname,
          level = level,
          immortal = 0,
          xp_rank = xp_rank and xp_rank or -1,
        }}
        if city ~= "(hidden)" then
            temp_name_list[1].city = (city ~= "(none)" and city or "rogue")
        end
        -- house info isn't shown if you're logged in to the website for some people
        if not(house == "(hidden)" or house == "(none)") then
          temp_name_list[1].guild = house
        end
      end

db:merge_unique(ndb.db.people, temp_name_list)

raiseEvent("NameDB finished honors")
    end

function ndb.getinfo(person)
      downloadFile(getMudletHomeDir().."/"..person.."-namedb.json", "http://api.achaea.com/characters/"..person..".json")
    end

• TorinnTorinn Posts: 914Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Ooh is this for the honorsing without using it honors thing?
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • BrenexBrenex Posts: 105Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    sorry, local city = s:match([[city:(%.+),house]]) should be
    • local city = s:match([[city:(.+),house]])

• SolnirSolnir Posts: 709Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean

(svof): protip: You can use 'ndb delete unranked' to wipe unranked (dormant / newbies) players from NameDB.

The more you know.
    I remember SVOF doing the nameDB json process in the background on using QW before.  Does it no longer do it?
  • PyoriPyori Posts: 600Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Pretty sure it still cross-references it with honours, since there's things that only show up on honours, but not in the json file.

it's vconfig autohonours or something, to make it start honours'ing new people on QW.

Yeah, I have that on.  Not too long ago I would do QW and it would pull the list online instead of me having to honors everyone.  It could also be due to the fact that I've been working with the wonky NDB stuff for a while, so maybe the people are no longer considered "new"
  • DaironDairon Posts: 295Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    I recently built a new computer so I've been trying to install svof. 
    This particular screen keeps on showing up. Has anyone seen this problem before?

• DaironDairon Posts: 295Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Dairon said:
    I recently built a new computer so I've been trying to install svof. 
    This particular screen keeps on showing up. Has anyone seen this problem before?

Fixed it! If anyone ends up with the same problem, it was because my Windows user profile was in another language. 
    I did an NDB UPDATE ALL last night, and now nothing works with the ndb at all. QWC, etc. I was thinking I may need to delete the script and reinstall a fresh one, but not sure where to find just the NDB script by itself, without having to reinstall svof.

Anyone able to give me a hand with this, please?
Sign In to Comment.