Room Hinder Proc Rates

2»

Comments

• I submitted a classless last round about distort using its base balance knock instead of a movement ability's (like you get the bal loss for mountjump's balance if you hit piety, not piety's bal loss), but that's still not fixed afaik.
  • edited March 2018
    Technically speaking, MJ's balance knock is the same as piety's balance knock. You might've been confused there.
  • One of the big reasons why there's just so many depthswalkers, I think, is that it has an order of magnitude more out of combat utility then most other classes, while the admin have been super reluctant to add that kind of stuff to any other class. I see noncoms drawn to it as least as much as I see fighters going for it.
  • I'm pretty sure mountjump with nimble is a little bit quicker than piety's bal knock, at .7s vs. ~1, respectively, from when I last had a look at it. Small, but noticeable! And, of course, much preferable to distort's massive knock, by comparison. 
  • They're both 1s base, just verified it myself.
  • Hmm. The classlead that was approved stated that it'd be made to respect movement abilities' balance to be in line with other room hinders, I'm a bit confused why it'd be worded that way if it's just a standard bal loss across the board. Weird, but if you're sure, I've got no reason to disbelieve! Either way, making it not take 2.5s would be nice. 
  • Also probably helps that more depthswalkers can never really hurt anything due to smart affliction. It also has a lot of utility, which sure. Priest / Paladin gets some.. but they're situational at times.

I wanted to go priest but someone told me not to when I was gonna make one. :(
  • Adrik said:
    Also probably helps that more depthswalkers can never really hurt anything due to smart affliction. It also has a lot of utility, which sure. Priest / Paladin gets some.. but they're situational at times.

I wanted to go priest but someone told me not to when I was gonna make one. :(
    I know some classes are better than others, but you should ALWAYS pick the class you want. People will make it work, we have a rag tag group class wise most of the time, but I’d never tell someone to go a class against their wishes.
  • Armali, could you post up how long each of those room hinders lasts as well as what affects their timer, please?

Additionally the costs associated with placing them and/or upkeeping.

And finally, what forms of counters exist for each.
  • Two sugars. Extra jizz.
  • Tahquil said:
    Two sugars. Extra jizz.
    Do you and Aerek have your coffees the same way? 
  • No, the sick fuck doesn't even take sugar in the black bitter soul destroying abomination that is American 'coffee'.

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Protip: If your coffee is chewy, don't drink it.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."