Hi, I've been poking around a bit and haven't found anything too recent or specific to answer my question(s).
So here's my situation - after a fair hiatus I've come back to IRE and would like some advice on artifacts for my chosen class. I have maybe 4k credits available, so not really that much, but enough for a few fun toys.
1. My thoughts on PVP: I'm not particularly interested in 1v1, and unless something really significant has changed, group combat is a lot of spam x annoying thing, so artifacts aren't much of a factor (unless you're artied to the teeth, I guess). But do tell me if I'm wrong. (Not really a question, but if anyone is keen on discussing it, figure it'd help to number it.)
2. So talk to me about PVE arties. I know Runewarden is really tanky naturally - I was wondering if that would allow me to forgo some defensive artifacts, maybe in favor of utility? Or damage/speed, but that's probably more expensive.
3. I'm almost certainly going to pick up wings unless my class has more travel utility than I thought. (I think it's just the horse rune? Haven't combed through all my skills yet.) Any other neat utility artifacts? Both class-specific and general.
4. I'm going to pick up the no-brainer lessons as well, so that should help me on the way to tri-trans. I'd love some advice on what other skills I might want to pick up. Trans Avoidance looks pretty good?
5. Any specific tradeskills that are handy to have? I like exploring, so I was thinking of picking up either plants or minerals, how are they different? I see there's been a rework to Transmutation, but not knowing how it was previously, I haven't followed that thread too well.
Appreciate your time in reading this!