Nexus Help!!!

I need some help making a trigger to attack my target, but stop once it has been killed... Any help? I use Nexus, By the way...

Answers

• What class are you? And by attack I guess you mean to keep attacking your target? If that's the case I would trigger your attack line to send QUEUE ADD EQBAL <your_attack> so when you don't hit because there is no one around it will stop.
  • I am a Sentinel. I want it to keep CLAWing my current target, but stop when that target dies. Then I would like the trigger to activate whenever I set a new target via a special alias...
    (I don’t want it to go off every time I SET TARGET, just when I use a specific alias)
  • Rekhyr said:
    What class are you? And by attack I guess you mean to keep attacking your target? If that's the case I would trigger your attack line to send QUEUE ADD EQBAL <your_attack> so when you don't hit because there is no one around it will stop.
    I am a Sentinel. I want it to keep CLAWing my current target, but stop when that target dies. Then I would like the trigger to activate whenever I set a new target via a special alias...
    (I don’t want it to go off every time I SET TARGET, just when I use a specific alias)
  • For Nexus, I set a trigger on my attack: "You spring forward onto..." to send "maul @tar". After I send "maul" the first time, it just repeats mauling until the target is dead. It's a very simple and not very smart trigger, but it does well enough for my purposes. I don't use Nexus much, mainly Mudlet. So Nexus is just a back up.

.... basically I'm saying the same thing Rekhyr said, just using different words. :P 
  • Cailin said:
    For Nexus, I set a trigger on my attack: "You spring forward onto..." to send "maul @tar". After I send "maul" the first time, it just repeats mauling until the target is dead. It's a very simple and not very smart trigger, but it does well enough for my purposes. I don't use Nexus much, mainly Mudlet. So Nexus is just a back up.

.... basically I'm saying the same thing Rekhyr said, just using different words. :P 
    Sort of. I would like to stop attacking Immidately, once the target is dead. I don’t want it to keep hitting rats(for example), if the rat I wanted to hit is dead. 
    i am not wanting too clear a room of rats, just kill one, then move onto the next target I set. 
  • Make a variable that keeps track of whether you should be hitting something or not. Set it to true inside the alias you input that runs your initial attack.

Trigger off the message outputted to the screen when you attack something like Cailin said. Inside that trigger check if the variable that determines whether you should be hitting something is true. If it is, queue up another attack on the balance queue. Otherwise, don't do anything.

Make a trigger that captures when you kills something. I.e. "^You have slain (.*)\.$". Have this trigger set the variable that determines whether your attack trigger should queue up another one to false. 
  • Chubbs said:
    Make a variable that keeps track of whether you should be hitting something or not. Set it to true inside the alias you input that runs your initial attack.

Trigger off the message outputted to the screen when you attack something like Cailin said. Inside that trigger check if the variable that determines whether you should be hitting something is true. If it is, queue up another attack on the balance queue. Otherwise, don't do anything.

Make a trigger that captures when you kills something. I.e. "^You have slain (.*)\.$". Have this trigger set the variable that determines whether your attack trigger should queue up another one to false. 
    How do I set the trigger that changes the variable to false??
    I dont know how to set the trigger text to allow the targets description to change...
  • Kill something, grab the line that says you killed it, put it in a trigger, delete the name (essentially everything after slain), and set the type of trigger to begins with. Or use the regex I put in the previous post. Up to you if you want to check if you killed the proper thing but I'm assuming you are if you picked what you're hitting.
  • edited March 2018
    I have something like that using simplified scripting. 

Group: autohit
    Contains a reflex to send my attack command based on "You have regained balance" etc. The reason I do that instead of queueing is because then it triggers well after the attack has been completed, after the message about the creature being dead. If you reflex another attack to queue based on your initial attack message, it will go off once even if you kill the creature on that hit. 

I have an alias (and an associated hotkey) that hits once and turns the autohit group on. 

I have a reflex to turn the autohit group off based on "you have slain" and "has slain" (so it turns off whether I kill the thing or a hunting partner kills the thing. 

I also have a reflex to re-send my hit command based on "You stand up" and whatever the message is about becoming un-bound so I don't have to manually start hitting again if I'm proned.  

Then I have a reflex to turn the autohit group off when I eat moss (so basically when my health is low, since I keep moss curing at 50%). I also made my shield alias turn auto-hit off and then touch shield. That way you don't end up in a loop where you're dying but can't shield or move because you keep hitting.  Somebody who knows actual scripting could probably figure out how to do that based on your actual health values, but it's a fine workaround for me. 
  • edited March 2018
    You can still use simplified scripting to base it off health values. Your max health and current health are already available in the variables tab, and can be referenced the same as any variable. But effectively what you have works the same. (Except for fringe cases I guess)
  • Coulda added this to the last one, but I just remembered it. There's an example on the Nexus wiki.. .thing....specifically about sipping or something at 60% health. You can use the same principles to stop your triggers or shield or whatever.