Marriage Proposals

Got a good one? A creative one? Tell us! Share.

Comments

• I proposed with a crated pet that cost me 50cr. Best. purchase. ever. @Ayja
  • edited March 2018
    I proposed with a dead fish in Lusternia. Someone's mount that was in the room did a well-timed sigh.

It was pretty great.

In Imperian when I got proposed to, my mount at the time shook its head (more random emotes that the mounts do). It pretty much answered for me.

The first one lasted nearly ~4 IRL years, oddly.

• | Mentor        : None                      Can Mentor: Yes                   |
    | Relationship  : None                      Divorced  : Never   

I just have baby daddehs.
  • Back when Sobby got married first time, was 2007ish I think. I held a CIJ house treasure hunt and organised it with a few people to make sure my intended was to find the final treasure, which was the ring I proposed with.

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Too much effort to find the gay seal meme.. 
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Xaden said:
    Too much effort to find the gay seal meme.. 
    I got you.

• edited March 2018
    I just remember Lis, who was in the room at the time, emoting "mind commands no" over and over again haha.
  • @Talamond had a friend distract Aralaya and run her around while he bought the ring, then had another friend distract her while he figured out where to propose. Called it a conspiracy.

Now I'm stuck with the bum :(

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • @Daitya fell for a Sartanic scabbard, I’ve since gifted her with the second version, as well as a Shaitanic one. 
  • I proposed this month. I took her for a stroll in the garden, laid some lore on her about her name and the place we were in. Read her a fairy tale that I wrote, got on one knee and proposed.

• I proposed this month. I took her for a stroll in the garden, laid some lore on her about her name and the place we were in. Read her a fairy tale that I wrote, got on one knee and proposed.

He is too modest. He completely overwhelmed me and had me off guard. Surprising me is not an easy task. Well done!
  • Got @Reyson with the one-two punch of proposing a proposal, then laughing it off as something for children.

I'm saving myself for Evil.

Reaching down with a massive hand, Sartan lifts your head and draws a taloned finger across your throat, the wound closing as He does so.

• You're a bad person :(
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    You like her because she's bad, don't lie.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • I hit @Nyneve in the head with my warhammer, then took her to a church, it worked out
  • I have been engaged four times on Mathonwy and all four times have involved me being called an idiot, dying violently, or some combination of both, often very publicly.

I, uh, I'm noticing a pattern here guys.
    Saeva said:
    If Mathonwy is 2006 I wish 2007 had never come.
    Xenomorph said:
    heh. Mathowned.
    Message #12872 Sent by Jurixe
    4/16/0:41
    MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.
  • Melodie said:
    You like her because she's bad, don't lie.

Reaching down with a massive hand, Sartan lifts your head and draws a taloned finger across your throat, the wound closing as He does so.

• Milabar said:
    I hit @Nyneve in the head with my warhammer, then took her to a church, it worked out
    It’s an impressively warhammer. 

My second favorite proposal was when I was just hanging out and ratting with Avrae in the sewers. He suddenly turns to me and says, “I right like you!” It was just so sweet, like he suddenly thought hey I want to still be doing this with you 50 years from now. 
  • So I’m this giant rotting tree thing. He’s a surly mist-bear. We were meant to be from the start. He yawned, so obvs he needs a nap. Next thing you know this tree’s got him sprung up in its roots, cradling this giant bear man like a child.

I honestly can’t remember how the engagement happened. I have so many good memories that they’ve all become a blur. My deepest regret in Lusternia is forgetting to get all the shit out of my manse library.

But since I don’t have a proposal, I’ll give you our divorce!

http://forums.lusternia.com/discussion/2366/an-ending
  • Had her auntie distract her while I got the ring, who proceeded to lead her to touch a poisonous frog so she was tripping hard. Still took her to the Aalen Elder Tree, recited a poem, and proposed. She accepted, despite vomiting at least once and having assorted visions. 

I liked our wedding, too. Mayaween theme, reception was decorated with our piked heads, among other things. Kissed hers when we arrived. 

I might be a weird Eleusian. 
  •            

• I did one once as Overseer in the Merchants where I scheduled a secretaries meeting, I phrased the leadup to sound like I was dismissing her from a position. Everyone wwnt nuts when I dropped the bomb because I told nobody what was coming.

• edited March 2018
    *sighs* I am still waiting @Rangor :p:'(

“There is no greater sorrow than thinking back upon a happy time in misery--”