Quick Questions

Comments

• I get the first part, even if I think it's needless. Vastar is meant to be the Sky, though, which increasingly has little to nothing to do with Ashtan.
  • I think I read somewhere that Vastar was re-focused to be like Change or whatever? Fast changing weather, also he has like 11340234 different personas (like how Arcadian Vastar is a whole different beast than Azatlan Vastar).
     <3 
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    As far as I remember, Change  is Ourania's. He is the Storm or something like that.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• @Klendathu @Kyrra enlighten us with thy lofty wisdom
     <3 
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    edited March 2018
    Freedom got the boot quite a while ago when Vastar was last Patron of Ashtan prior to the Renaissance. Even back then, there was a lot of push for Ashtan to be more Chaos based, so Vastar declared for Chaos and the teachings were changed to something a lot more tangible for Vastar’s realms than a bunch of ideals to follow. Vastar isn’t Chaos but there is room for Chaos within the realm and it has a place.

Interestingly enough, only Babel and Vastar are formally allied to Ashtan, and neither realm is Chaos. Oblivion is a part of Chaos and it is what the Nihilists base their faith on, just as the Sky and Storm are what the Farethi base their faith on.

Part of Chaos is change and that is something Vastar advocates for to avoid stagnation. All the Farethi are very motivated and ambitious (all two of us) and a lot of importance is not only placed on striving for constant improvement in all aspects of our characters, but also having the strength to challenge ourselves to do things we tend to shy away from. It’s important to not only have goals but to figure out the steps involved to achieve them, and then seeing what can happen next instead of sitting on those achievements and declaring you’ve nothing else to look forward to or nothing else to do. 

A lot of this can be learned in game but since I have no power or internet, I can’t log in. I really encourage some IC research though.

There is definitely room in Ashtan for Vastar, for Babel, and for Aegis. If anything, having three amazing Gods gives people a way to express themselves further and be involved more while still being united toward Ashtan’s goals as the Seat of Chaos. The religious teachings are vastly different but they are no longer so very divided like they once were, which was a lot of the problem to Ashtan being so fractured in the past.

Pandora is an Ashtani God but I tend to ignore the fact she exists, and I believe Kayeil has said on multiple occasions that she’d prefer if Pandora was no longer Ashtani as well. I can’t really see Mischief and goofing off as being a good fit in what Ashtan has now become.

Edit: Sorry for the novella. Was sitting in the car to charge up my phone :(
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• tbh I think a lot of people understand vastar's explanation for being in ashtan, it just doesn't mean it's one that's satisfying. It was a change received ambivalently at best back in the day, and it mostly seemed like the ooc player behind that one vastar wanted to play with babel and his order mostly.

as it is, vastar's ties to ashtan haven't solidified, remain shaky at best from a logical perspective, and ashtan doesn't need half a dozen gods associated to it AND the chaos court, imo.
  • One of the things that Bal'met did really well was kind of narrow the Pantheon playing field to something more reasonable, given how many gods weren't and probably would never get played -- but that being said, not every god has to be a factional god, and I think the Vastar back during the Qashar days was a great example of a god that did really well, had a thriving order, and generally just did his own thing. Didn't need to be Chaos-aligned at all.

Same thing with Neraeos and Phaestus and Scarlatti; they add a necessary depth to the world and a way for people who don't want to participate in the factional stuff to still have added and meaningful depth in their own experience.
    Saeva said:
    If Mathonwy is 2006 I wish 2007 had never come.
    Xenomorph said:
    heh. Mathowned.
    Message #12872 Sent by Jurixe
    4/16/0:41
    MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.
  • edited March 2018
    Vastar declared for Chaos? Dumb. Babel already claimed dominion over the Chaos Lords. If Babel is active he should be patron of Ashtan.

Vastar trying to turn the Sky into some sort of Chaos metaphor sounds super stupid, but hey, I’m cool with bashing Arcadia so whatevs.

ETA: Who on earth made you a HL, @Kiet? This sounds so far fetched.

Also: Oblivion is Chaos. Don’t try and dilute it with all this silly shit.

• Silas said:
    Vastar declared for Chaos? Dumb. Babel already claimed dominion over the Chaos Lords. If Babel is active he should be patron of Ashtan.

Vastar trying to turn the Sky into some sort of Chaos metaphor sounds super stupid, but hey, I’m cool with bashing Arcadia so whatevs.

Shit is strange if you haven't been around for a while, but if you were here for the progression, Kiet is decidedly (and sometimes disappointingly) no longer in it for the lulz. Instead we have someone who's an engaging, intriguing presence in Mhaldor.

• Trey said:
    Silas said:

Shit is strange if you haven't been around for a while, but if you were here for the progression, Kiet is decidedly (and sometimes disappointingly) no longer in it for the lulz. Instead we have someone who's an engaging, intriguing presence of luls in Mhaldor
    ftfy.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Silas said:

Pretty much all of this is wrong. But hey, stand on the outside and make sweeping, uninformed statements, that's your prerogative :)

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • edited March 2018
    Silas you were here when vabstar posted about how he now loved chaos how could u forget.

Right now there's basically Babel, Chaos Lords (separate) and then the lingering Erisians that no one cares about as far as Chaos subfactions. As far as we can tell Babel isn't opposed to the Chaos Lords, and he showed up from a ritual they did, so it's not like they hate each other or anything. There's just a distinction I guess.

Also I'm the best HL dwi. Unlike these other plebs I had to have a god approve me
  • edited March 2018
    @Silas I lost my looks so now I’m Stupid AND ugly.
  • silas quickly deleting tahquil off fb
  • Tahquil said:
    Tuerney'd still hit it.

• My character is a Xoran Vanquisher Runewarden. I've already taken the "nimble" trait, and I'm about to hit level 50. Right now my primary goal in the game is PvE stuff: questing and bashing.

With this in mind would you all recommend the "robust" or "improved physique" trait? I've done some reading around and it sounds like robust might be better for PvP, but I'm not sure about PvE.
  • Go with the con!
     <3 
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    As a runewarden, you already benefit from the best armour in the game, plus defensive runes. You can afford to put some into strength instead of con if you really want.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Health artefacts tend to cost less per than damage in credits. Traits that give damage...
  • edited March 2018
    Kiet said:
    Silas said:
    In all the time I’ve played Achaea, “across-the-aisle” roleplay has been sparing at best.

I’m more interested in the shape of the individual factions, which ethos they’re following, how interestingly they’re doing it, etc.

Targossas is probably how you left it, but with a good sized population and less inactive dawnlords. They're doing pretty well.

Wow, thanks. :(

Targossas has changed pretty vastly from my perspective. We have a lot of younger characters who have taken over things.

Caefir are a more active order. We burned down the Arboretum in Ashtan.

Targossas went through a period of being the top dog faction, for the first time ever, and won another war (which we organized to be unique with terms and cool battles on Nishnatoba). We have the staff of nicator and effigy of victory.

We finally allied with Jaru and do RP stuff there regularly now.

There is a ton of fun RP in the city as well as strong PK and probably more overall unity than ever before. There is also new lore with, for example, the emerald mist in the city.

The Luminai was completely restructured as well, and is now very active and has a sweet tower.

(The Dawnlord curse has continued since I stepped down btw. Micaelis went dormant mid-term and now Atalkez's computer broke.)
  • For now! I'll be back ASAP!

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Atalkez said:
    For now! I'll be back ASAP!
    Stop getting our hopes up you filthy ps4 player.  I see you playing fortnite
  • Kriex said:
    Atalkez said:
    What else am I gonna do? :cry:

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Atalkez said:
    Kriex said:
    Atalkez said:
    Break out your phone and log in.
    You got a city to run.

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • Tahquil said:
    Still jealous.

• Aralaya said:
    Atalkez said:
    Kriex said:
    Atalkez said:
    Break out your phone and log in.
    You got a city to run.
    Shit no. I check messages by phone, that’s all u get from me. Mobile won’t work for PK.

• Did they nerf Shikudo yet or is it safe for me to come back and swap to lvl 3 Shikudo monk

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Classleads haven’t happened for regular classes yet.

• Dunn said:
    Classleads haven’t happened for regular classes yet.
    They just nerfed Shikudo damage with the Elemental class adjustments.