Quick Questions

Comments

• Caled said:
    Oh. Didn't know it's an enchantment here. In Aetolia it's a 250cr artefact  (arguably the best artefact in the game)

I wonder how much other simple stuff like that I have no clue about . ?
    Was a 500cr artifact in MKO =)(r.i.p)

• On the bright side, this reminded me that enchantments exist. I'd totally forgotten about them when equipping my character. I had a vague thought that I should check out resistance rings but then forgot.

I'm kind of enjoying being a newb again (both character and me, personally hehe). I just wish I'd come back 2 years ago.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Is there no way to edit your forum profile anymore? I want to change my location on here (left Florida over a year ago), but for the life of me, I can't seem to find the option anymore.

I feel like every time I look too closely at these forums, ways to do things just shrink and shrink.  :/
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Click on your username, click on the little drop-down on the right side of the screen, click "Edit Profile" and go from there!
  • Our dropdowns do not have an "Edit Profile"

You need to visit http://forums.achaea.com/profile/edit directly
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Dupre said:
    Our dropdowns do not have an "Edit Profile"

You need to visit http://forums.achaea.com/profile/edit directly
    Not only that, but if you actually try to edit something, it says you don't have permission  =)

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Strange, you guys should have access, and we haven't changed anything there... will chase it up with our forums provider!
  • Chiam said:
    Melodie said:

I feel like every time I look too closely at these forums, ways to do things just shrink and shrink.  :/
    need the LOL and WTF buttons back plz
    Insightful
    And as he slept he dreamed a dream, and this was his dream.
  • Feeling nostalgic. Somebody want to bring me up to speed on what the landscape looks like in-game atm?

• Silas said:
    Feeling nostalgic. Somebody want to bring me up to speed on what the landscape looks like in-game atm?
    Elemental planes, Yggdrasil opened like a lot of new areas. Also 4 new elemental lord classes. Welcome back. 
  • So who are the movers and shakers in today’s Achaea?

• @Tysandr, nobody else even matters.
  • Minifie said:
    @Tysandr, nobody else even matters.
    I got that two-step down pat on Parapets.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

• Silas said:
    So who are the movers and shakers in today’s Achaea?
    Moving and shaking right here.

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/fGf0x91h

• Silas said:
    So who are the movers and shakers in today’s Achaea?
    That I couldn't tell you. The factions feel at least to me like they're going through an insular phase, so not a whole lot of across-the-aisle roleplay.

People seem receptive to it when it happens, just it isn't as big a part of the game atm as it has been in the past.
    Saeva said:
    If Mathonwy is 2006 I wish 2007 had never come.
    Xenomorph said:
    heh. Mathowned.
    Message #12872 Sent by Jurixe
    4/16/0:41
    MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Mathonwy said:
    The factions feel at least to me like they're going through an insular phase, so not a whole lot of across-the-aisle roleplay.
    Eleusis at war with Order of Babel (check CITY RELATIONS ELEUSIS). Order of Twilight, supported by Hashan, engaging in a shrine war with Order of Aegis. Not all that insular...

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Wars are every day things, though, basically. Mathonwy and Silas mean more long-lasting and one-of-a-kind interactions, I assume.
  • What @Kiet said.

Also, @Silas, @Kiet's back.
    Saeva said:
    If Mathonwy is 2006 I wish 2007 had never come.
    Xenomorph said:
    heh. Mathowned.
    Message #12872 Sent by Jurixe
    4/16/0:41
    MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.
  • Still griefing?

• I'm nice now but asmodron is a city leader and I figured you'd like to know that.
  • l8rs  

• fez got deleted too :(
  • Good. Fuck *fez.

• @Jurixe's ritual duels are a better example of "across-the-aisle" role-play, I would think?

But I agree that there doesn't seem to be a LOT of that, whether it be factions working together, or... I don't know, preaching at each other.
  • In all the time I’ve played Achaea, “across-the-aisle” roleplay has been sparing at best.

I’m more interested in the shape of the individual factions, which ethos they’re following, how interestingly they’re doing it, etc.

• I'm Tyrannus, should answer all of your questions. 

• edited March 2018
    Silas said:
    In all the time I’ve played Achaea, “across-the-aisle” roleplay has been sparing at best.

I’m more interested in the shape of the individual factions, which ethos they’re following, how interestingly they’re doing it, etc.
    I can't know everything about all the factions obv, but Mhaldor's been focusing on proper Evil as a whole rather than just apples+shaitan. Sartan encourages us to be more Evil in our everyday lives, and we have a lot of interactions with daemons and the inferno lately. It's a lot more like Mhaldor was pre-split, but without a lot of the baggage from back then, which is nice. We've been doing a lot of ritualism, corrupted elemental water and now have pretty red water around the island. It's going through one of those nice periods where RP and PK are both pretty strong, with lots of culture and ritualism side by side with people fighting. I run the sneaky house, and we have a hot daemon who flexes in the other house. Herenicus went IC-crazy and got himself kicked out before retiring, lol.

Ashtan's basically friends with the chaos court now which  isn't necessarily aligned with Babel (idk). They're much more chaos focused rather than 'freedom' (which begs the question of why vastar's still there I guess), but with the loss of the old houses, especially occultists, they struggled for a while to find an RP footing and most of their warriors went inactive too. They're doing better now, though, with dunn marrying a chaos lord and recruiting a lot more fighters lately. They have a much stronger identity now than they did for that whole decade+ of just being the freedom crew + occultists doing the rp in background, but obv they still lost a lot of personalities like Flair's crew, so things are different. Almost all their notable non-pk characters now are young, which isn't a bad thing but means you won't recognize most of them.

Hashan is still Hashan. There's no Saltaern figure (Asmodron's CL instead), so it's Hashan through all the other periods. They have an active Twilight and a fairly healthy population, though, which is nice. They're trying to refocus the city into being the city of 'scholarship' or something which is weird cause Twilight's like right there but w/e.

Eleusis lost most of their fighters and both divine because of the usual drama between the green cyrenians and the fighting nature types. I think they've recovered a bit now, but a lot of the big name Eleusians are now Mhaldorian or rogues. Rangor's still there trucking along though.

Cyrene is the same as always except their combat house is actually getting them to learn group combat and they're a lot less averse to conflict lately. So a lot better than 'same as always', I guess.

Targossas is probably how you left it, but with a good sized population and less inactive dawnlords. They're doing pretty well.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Kiet said:
    Ashtan's basically friends with the chaos court now which  isn't necessarily aligned with Babel (idk). They're much more chaos focused rather than 'freedom' (which begs the question of why vastar's still there I guess) 
    Because Oblivion is not the same thing as Chaos and Vastar hasn't been freedom for a long time.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."