GUI showoff thread #3

Comments

• Who said text games can't stay relevant!
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

• Is it weird that this, more than anything else, makes me want a VR set?
  • I'm waiting for the new Vive to come out before I get one. I'll help you beta test the VR GUI ;)
  • You should turn the desk area into a crazy steam-punk inspired “cockpit” sort of thing. Maybe even a transition to load into it so you can render it higher. #epic
  • Zulah said:
    Does this count? Been working on a VR room to play Achaea in. Putting up murals of the divine. Not finished yet but its getting there! 

That is f-ing awesome. I've joked about playing Achaea using VR, thinking, "Who the hell would want to do that?" but now I want to do that....
  • Sarapis said:
    Zulah said:
    Does this count? Been working on a VR room to play Achaea in. Putting up murals of the divine. Not finished yet but its getting there! 

That is f-ing awesome. I've joked about playing Achaea using VR, thinking, "Who the hell would want to do that?" but now I want to do that....
    Zulah. That's who!
  • I'm there with you as soon as Vive 2 comes out! Think I'm just going to build a new PC for it soon. By then you'll have all the foundation set and I can just help you get rid of the bugs.
  • How is the text resolution like? I've tried the VR and noticed the doorscreen effect right away. Talking to some VR game devs, they said fine text rendering isn't exactly a strength in VR right now.
  • edited February 2018
    @Vadimuses by default text can be unfocused/blurry but apps that are meant for desktop reading aren't bad. Also if you've got a good video card you can adjust the supersampling which helps a lot. Sharpness/Contrass/Supersampling/Antialiasing can be adjusted in most apps/games and overall in the steamVR settings. Also depending on the size of the screen you're using it's not an issue. Meaning if I create a 40 foot wide screen where each letter on the screen is 6 inches tall, I can walk a good twenty feet away from it and read the text clear as day.

@Puxi vive pro is wireless and pushing 4k can't wait for the full release of it, rumor is they want to create better lenses before releasing it.

The best non game thing in vr is 3d movies. Since each eye can be completely separated and see it's own image without shutters or screen flicker shift, it provides the best form of 3d video yours eyes can see. Watching 3d movies in your own private theater with a 70 foot wide screen set to curve around your head is a whole new level of entertainment.
  • You have me wanting to try and make a complete system with VR and voice recognition (since my left hand is so banged up it makes me mistype all the time).  "Jarvis, strike left leg curare on balance"

• Caelan said:
    You have me wanting to try and make a complete system with VR and voice recognition (since my left hand is so banged up it makes me mistype all the time).  "Jarvis, strike left leg curare on balance"
    I use voice attack and William Shatner voice to do exactly that on elite dangerous so I can play with only hotas in vr no keyboard needed. Vive has a good deal of voice command software built in. There is a mic in the headset already too.
  • Brenex said:
    No

after a couple weeks. Started from nothing to this. Learning coding has been a hoot. I have too many people to thank for their coding bits but thank you everyone for making your codes public
    That's clean! Really like the simpleness too.
  • "Probe Dragonknight"

@Dragonknight watch out, man. This guy's comin' for you.

• Oh shit, I'm famous!
  • Logged in for long enough to touch up my GUI a bit. Liking this better tbh.

• QwindorQwindor Fort Riley
    Pyori said:
    Logged in for long enough to touch up my GUI a bit. Liking this better tbh.

You must have a pretty big screen to play with. I can't wait until I am able to get the setup I want but I gotta wait until I have the money.

• Qwindor said:
    Pyori said:

You must have a pretty big screen to play with. I can't wait until I am able to get the setup I want but I gotta wait until I have the money.
    Pretty average, this day and age. It's 1600*900, my old one (before the monitor broke) was 1900*1080.

• Small text and ui then
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • edited March 2018
    Torinn said:
    Small text and ui then
    Main window is size 9 font, GUI is size 7 on the left and size 8 in the chat box (also size 8 in the players box). Has been that way for the past 8 or so years!

• Pyori said:

Haha your xp rank. Just noticed that. 
  • I need 11 or 12 to not have my eyes feel like they're bleeding.  I'm not that old, am I?!  I feel maybe I need bifocals and the old person giant calculator now :(
  • Torinn said:
    I need 11 or 12 to not have my eyes feel like they're bleeding.  I'm not that old, am I?!  I feel maybe I need bifocals and the old person giant calculator now :(
    I lied. Main window is size 8, gui is 7/8 depending on which box.

• Oi I should probably start yelling to get off my lawn.
  • Not as fancy as some of these but I'm workin' with a 15inch laptop so I fit what I could.
    Don't have a map window 'cause having a rightside border makes half-screening to watch something while I hunt pretty much impossible. If anyone can think of a way around that lemme know 'cause I'd love to throw in a map window with something below it on the right and have it all swap to the top when I'm half-screened.

The xp bar is my favorite part!
    <--Lost xp (god I hope this never drops this much)  <--gained xp

If anyone has any idea how I can get my toolbar icons to -stay- set to size 2 I would love the help 'cause right now whenever I start mudlet they reset to size 3. Already tried running as admin and made no difference at all so not sure what to do next. Would just use menu bar but I have keybinds to most of the menu shortcuts already and with a 15in laptop keyboard im relatively low on keys to move them to.
  • Just turn the toolbar off. You don't need it; use the keyboard shortcuts or menu bar.

Also, 15" is huge, I used to pvp on a 10" touchscreen using a gui for all attacks. You can find room if you think about it.

To watch a movie just make mapper floating and mudlet horizontally narrower. 
  • Caled said:
    Just turn the toolbar off. You don't need it; use the keyboard shortcuts or menu bar.

Also, 15" is huge, I used to pvp on a 10" touchscreen using a gui for all attacks. You can find room if you think about it.

To watch a movie just make mapper floating and mudlet horizontally narrower. 
    As I mentioned I can't use menu bar because the keyboard shortcuts interfere with my keybinds otherwise yeah I'd just turn it off.
  • I use a 13" macbook air so you can totally make your space work for you. It's all about how you use it