Starting Out

I know you guys probably get this a lot, but the end game tends to change every once in a while and I just wanted to ask.

I'm a soon to be Imperian retiree, and I'm going to have 4200-ish credits. I also plan to get the no brainer lessons and no brainer bound credits, as well as an elite membership. I am currently a blademaster, and plan on keeping that, and I also wish to grab depthswalker. with that in mind what is the recommendation of where I should spend my credits if I wish to PvP with both of those professions?

Comments

• Are you sure about multiclassing right off the bat? That's like a huge chunk of your credits gone right away.

For BM, you'll probably want a band. For DW you'll want the little dagger at most, and then Shield of Absorption and tanking arties. Wings are a good investment for both, as are things like hp bracelets, con belt, and sip ring, but the issue is you're using two classes with wildly varying offensive artefacts and with one that can use SoA and one that can't.
  • edited March 2018
    Kiet said:
    Are you sure about multiclassing right off the bat? That's like a huge chunk of your credits gone right away.

For BM, you'll probably want a band. For DW you'll want the little dagger at most, and then Shield of Absorption and tanking arties. Wings are a good investment for both, as are things like hp bracelets, con belt, and sip ring, but the issue is you're using two classes with wildly varying offensive artefacts and with one that can use SoA and one that can't.
    I may hold off on multiclassing if I need to, that will be fine, my only concern then would be if  BM is viable for groups and 1v1? or should I switch to DW and make BM my later on down the road class? in imperian it was okay to get defensive artifacts and then start picking up professions(at least for me, as I only picked up offensive artifacts for outrider((my favorite class)) and shaman). is that not so here?

edit: also is there general skills I need to spend some credits on? I assume I'll need tritrans in the class already
  • All class skills trans, plus Surival and Avoidance before any artefacts. Then, defensive artefacts. SoA if your class uses a shield, health, reserves, sip, regen. I'm not a math guy, but after those generally you can start working on others if you have the credits left over.
    And if you're interested in leveling anywhere past around 90, I'd recommend a crit pendant too.
  • You'll want tri trans + avoidance + survival at the minimum regardless of class.

You want to pick up defensive arties, sure, but the problem is the best defensive arty only works for one of your planned classes. Beyond that, some classes like BM generally want offensive arties to be a threat, too.

BM has uses in groups and is probably fine in 1v1 (I don't see that many lately so can't tell you for sure), though DW has by far more group utility and pretty easy 1v1 that scales to all tiers.

If you have 4200ish credits + the lesson packages, plus like level 80, you'll be at about 3000 credits just from learning second class. Then you want 600ish for survival/avoidance. You're already at 2400 credits. SoA + wings is 2/3 of that, and then you only have 800 credits which is like... level 1 bracer + belt or a blademaster band or bracer + dagger. You can't really arty up very much if you dual class right now.

• Kiet said:
    You'll want tri trans + avoidance + survival at the minimum regardless of class.

You want to pick up defensive arties, sure, but the problem is the best defensive arty only works for one of your planned classes. Beyond that, some classes like BM generally want offensive arties to be a threat, too.

BM has uses in groups and is probably fine in 1v1 (I don't see that many lately so can't tell you for sure), though DW has by far more group utility and pretty easy 1v1 that scales to all tiers.

If you have 4200ish credits + the lesson packages, plus like level 80, you'll be at about 3000 credits just from learning second class. Then you want 600ish for survival/avoidance. You're already at 2400 credits. SoA + wings is 2/3 of that, and then you only have 800 credits which is like... level 1 bracer + belt or a blademaster band or bracer + dagger. You can't really arty up very much if you dual class right now.

so I think I'm just going to stick with BM for right now. What would be the recommended artifact set up for what I have minus the the lessons I'll need to invest in survival and avoidance? also, could someone provide BM logs or just tell me generally what I would work for in groups? I think that the 1v1 is pretty straight forward, which is fine with me for now. I've also been told I can pick up an elemental lord whenever I get higher in level, which would scratch my itch of wanting to play a new class until I can get to a point where I can pick up another full class.
  • Welcome to Achaea, fellow Imperian refugee!

<3 
  • BM in groups is pretty much just spam balanceslash or pommel slash + hamstring/knees/neck. Maybe sneak in an impale or a multislash when they're prone. You're pretty much just a massive hinderbot that can put out respectable damage.
  • Pommelstrike hamstring, multi slash twice.

Repeat.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Balanceslash spam, my dude. And no one escapes with you in a team. 

You get one Thunderstorm before you're automatically first target in all melee from then on. Or learn to pema impale.

Lv2 Band solid bang for buck. Don't need any other offensive arties. Get that, go a con race spec then tank up. Sip ring > regen > bracelet > con belt.

Eventually artied armor with SoA. Very expensive. 
  • Thunderstorm is changed @Mizik in case you didn’t know. Does 0 damage, room wide hamstring.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • All the Blademaster AOE attacks got hit that way, none of them do significant damage anymore.
  • Atalkez said:
    Thunderstorm is changed @Mizik in case you didn’t know. Does 0 damage, room wide hamstring.
    Yes. Hence first to die. Hamstring = death.