Memorable quotes

Comments

• I think the point is that we don't want to read the posts and would like to read something actually memorable.
  • If it was how you wanted it to be, the thread would be all of about 20-30 pages long, not 739. Discussions happen as a result of posts, that's how forums tend to work.

Nobody is holding a gun to your head, forcing you to read through every post.

• Can't we all just get along?
  • There will be no "getting along" in the land of Achaea! So saith the Evil Overlord.
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• edited February 2018
    Pyori said:
    Reyson said:
    You have a very weird understanding of the term 'shaming'.
    Asmodron said:
    ...How did such a simple whine gain over 40 comments....
    Same question could be posed when anyone from Hashan posts anything.
    You post a log of someone doing something you feel is unacceptable, seeking people agree with you that what they did is wrong and thus validate your point of view?

The implication that you're in some way superior to the person whose log you're posting for everyone to see and agree with you, is pretty evident. That's shaming.

For the record, no judgment! You do you. 

Eta: just to clarify, nothing about that is wrong. 
  • edited February 2018
    Reyson said:

If that's your definition of shaming (which is correct; not denying that) then you prolly shouldn't be using it to refer to what I did. Considering nowhere did I say what he did was unacceptable, or unjustified. In fact, I rather clearly stated the opposite.

You need to go back and read the original post, and not take everyone else's posts as my PoV.

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    edited February 2018
    Now now, children, be nice. Those are not memorable quotes
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Your face is a memorable quote.
  • Tahquil said:
    Your face is a memorable quote.
    so's ya mum.
  • Asmodron said:
    ...How did such a simple whine gain over 40 comments....
    Fucking millenials parsing everything. 

aaaaand nextwhineaboutwhatIjustsaidGO!

• Pretty sure everyone involved are far to old to be classed as millenials.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Millenials is like, people aged 18-35 I think right now, which I think is the greater majority of our playerbase.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Ah, I thought 30 was the cut off.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Tahquil said:
    Ah, I thought 30 was the cut off.
    I miss the upper limit either way, too fricking old for this. You young people...

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Millenials are the 90s kids right? So 17-27
  • I’m 32. I’m not a Millenial. I refuse. #resist

• Damn mechanical boxes...

As you spin the dial on the front of a mechanical box, the sound of clockwork gears emanate from
    within...
    The dial comes to rest, arrow pointing at a platinum whistle!
    The box now shows 2 platinum whistles!

(Court Coliseum): Kasa says, "Yeaahhhhh."

(Court Coliseum): Kasa says, "That sucks."

(Court Coliseum): You say, "The dial comes to rest, arrow pointing at a platinum whistle! The box now shows 2 platinum whistles!"

(Court Coliseum): You say, "O.O."

(Court Coliseum): You say, "Jesussss take the wheeeeeeeel."

As you spin the dial on the front of a mechanical box, the sound of clockwork gears emanate from
    within...
    The box now shows 3 platinum whistles!
    With a satisfying click, a mechanical box fades away, leaving a talisman piece behind.
    You have been awarded with a monocle frame talisman piece!

(Court Coliseum): You say, "OMG."

(Court Coliseum): You say, "It worked!"

(Court Coliseum): Kasa says, "Did you get it boooiiii."

(Court Coliseum): Kasa says, "Oh yezzz."

(Court Coliseum): You say, "Praise jesus."

(Court Coliseum): Kasa says, "Is it a platinum whistle."

(Court Coliseum): You say, "No it was a monocle frame talisman piece o.o."

(Court Coliseum): Kasa says, "Oh good."

(Court Coliseum): You say, "I feel so fulfilled."

talisman redeem monoframe
    That piece is not one you can redeem.

(Court Coliseum): Sobriquet says, "Hah, that's shit."

• Kriex said:
    Millenials are the 90s kids right? So 17-27
    Not exactly. I'd definitely be considered a millennial, but I wasn't born in the 90s. There's no strict definition.

The Wikipedia page just says "demographers and researchers typically use the early 1980s as starting birth years and the mid-1990s to early 2000s as ending birth years." You could probably argue an age range of 14-38 based on that, if you wanted to. That might still be too young to fit in Klendathu, not sure.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    edited February 2018
    Antonius said:
    Kriex said:
    Not exactly. I'd definitely be considered a millennial, but I wasn't born in the 90s. There's no strict definition.

The Wikipedia page just says "demographers and researchers typically use the early 1980s as starting birth years and the mid-1990s to early 2000s as ending birth years." You could probably argue an age range of 14-38 based on that, if you wanted to. That might still be too young to fit in Klendathu, not sure.
    :'( I'm a month or two older than Sobby.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Asmodron said:
    Damn mechanical boxes...

within...
    The box now shows 2 platinum whistles!

(Court Coliseum): Kasa says, "Yeaahhhhh."

(Court Coliseum): Kasa says, "That sucks."

(Court Coliseum): You say, "The dial comes to rest, arrow pointing at a platinum whistle! The box now shows 2 platinum whistles!"

(Court Coliseum): You say, "O.O."

(Court Coliseum): You say, "Jesussss take the wheeeeeeeel."

within...
    The box now shows 3 platinum whistles!
    With a satisfying click, a mechanical box fades away, leaving a talisman piece behind.
    You have been awarded with a monocle frame talisman piece!

(Court Coliseum): You say, "OMG."

(Court Coliseum): You say, "It worked!"

(Court Coliseum): Kasa says, "Did you get it boooiiii."

(Court Coliseum): Kasa says, "Oh yezzz."

(Court Coliseum): You say, "Praise jesus."

(Court Coliseum): Kasa says, "Is it a platinum whistle."

(Court Coliseum): You say, "No it was a monocle frame talisman piece o.o."

(Court Coliseum): Kasa says, "Oh good."

(Court Coliseum): You say, "I feel so fulfilled."

talisman redeem monoframe
    That piece is not one you can redeem.

(Court Coliseum): Sobriquet says, "Hah, that's shit."

I had a heart attack! thank you so much @Asmodron!
  • Kriex said:
    The argument varies from "born in the 90's" to "grew up in the 90's, meaning born in the 80's". Every place and person seems to have a slightly different definition.
  • Born in 89, definitely a millennial.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Damn millennials...

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • Aralaya said:
    Damn millennials...
    You're just annoyed that you don't meet the minimum age requirement.
  • '87... but I am avocado intolerant.... Do I get a pass out of the millennial bracket? 
  • millenials, depending on source, can go back as far as 77, They are Gen Y. They also cop immense blame for shit they didn't do, and aren't the tide pod eating gen Zs. 
  • Does an eldritch abomination hailing from '86 count as millenial, or millionenial?

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    edited February 2018
    Edit: Whoooops this comment is way late, ignore me.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • edited February 2018
    Millennials are the generation who came to adulthood at the turn of the millenium, which means that the range is ~1980 to ~1994