Prime Regen Rate

13»

Comments

• This change not only took my bread and butter away, but also forcing me to go out

• I'm just kind of tired of sitting around waiting for something to happen on this, while struggling to find primes to even restock myself (let alone any shops). I don't mind that some sort of change is happening, but the time scale on whatever this is is totally off and seems more like an arbitrary punishment at this point.

• Just waiting for the demand to outweigh supply a LITTLE more and then I will release my hoards.

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Issam said:
    I'm just kind of tired of sitting around waiting for something to happen on this, while struggling to find primes to even restock myself (let alone any shops). I don't mind that some sort of change is happening, but the time scale on whatever this is is totally off and seems more like an arbitrary punishment at this point.
    Bolded the problem. Stop sitting around, get involved, do something

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Not everyone wants to rally the troops and try to push events forward. Some people enjoy specific facets of the game that are now more difficult to do, which is a common side effect of events. I think it's reasonable to let off steam about that without being chastised. 

• Issam said:
    Not everyone wants to rally the troops and try to push events forward. Some people enjoy specific facets of the game that are now more difficult to do, which is a common side effect of events. I think it's reasonable to let off steam about that without being chastised. 

I don't know, I don't think it's very reasonable to complain about things not getting better   if   you're not doing anything to try to make it better. If the same thing happened to me, I would either try to do something, or recognize the fact that I don't feel like doing anything, which is my choice, and wait patiently.

Imagine if that happened every event. Literally everyone just sits around and complains that the event is not eventing for them.
  • Sounds like the way kelp is and has always been! 
    Rangor said:
    Sounds like the way kelp is and has always been! 
    Get out of here with your filthy plants, treehugger

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Cailin said:
    Issam said:
    Not everyone wants to rally the troops and try to push events forward. Some people enjoy specific facets of the game that are now more difficult to do, which is a common side effect of events. I think it's reasonable to let off steam about that without being chastised. 

I don't know, I don't think it's very reasonable to complain about things not getting better   if   you're not doing anything to try to make it better. If the same thing happened to me, I would either try to do something, or recognize the fact that I don't feel like doing anything, which is my choice, and wait patiently.

Imagine if that happened every event. Literally everyone just sits around and complains that the event is not eventing for them.
    What if we have run around extracting and looking around, but nothing has triggered yet? For some people, this isn't a part of the game they enjoy or care about, so why is the onus on them to figure it out to fix it when, for some people, they'd instead just not play?

For a lot of things, if people don't want to take part in it, they won't, and if said event is impeding the things they DO want to do, they'll just not play. I haven't bothered extracting much since this, and I'm damned if I'm going to bother outside of being bored and hitting my extract button. Maybe this'll be a great event, but I just couldn't be stuffed doing something I already barely tolerate for a definitely unquantifiable payout. 
  • While we are at this, man I hope service side can let us select minerals or herbs for each of them. Like I'd use plumbum, aurum and irid moss. 
    Suck it, piglets!

You kneel and collect chunks of earth, using a strong-smelling solvent to pull a group of 4 pinches of powdered sulphur from the dirt and rock. This delicate process completed, you set the prime aside to dry.
    You store 4 alchemical sulphur, bringing the total in the rift to ????.

• It's all a conspiracy for more player conflict. Now I need to sneak into enemy cities to buy magnesium.
  • To be honest, having just one type of system that everyone had access to caused a lot of problems. 

Including, but not limited to resource limits, overharvesting, etc 

Having two systems is actually beneficial because it does provide two options to cure with and also two options to either harvest or syntheize. Maybe to assist with the harvesting of plants and actually bending over and plucking primes from the other, those with trade skills should only have the ability to chose be limited to either Synthesis or Harvesting. 

And plus, it may be a good idea to expand one's horizons and actually trek and venture to different areas to pick primes, not just repeat the main public areas such as Moghedu. 

Food for thought. 

• It doesn’t offer two curing sets though. If you use serverside, you have to choose one. It doesn’t use loss of you use minerals for everything else. So to utilize this dual curing system, you need client side scripting setup that can do so, which is inferior to serverside anyway.

I agree though, going back to one cure type would mean the winning type would need some changes on how many can be in the economy etc.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • I wouldn't mind it remaining two paths "behind the scenes" but one overall end cure.. something like... "green lozenge" is made from potash or irid moss. Similar to the ways that remedies can make elixirs and salves using either ingredients
  • Ailea said:
    To be honest, having just one type of system that everyone had access to caused a lot of problems. 

Including, but not limited to resource limits, overharvesting, etc 

Having two systems is actually beneficial because it does provide two options to cure with and also two options to either harvest or syntheize. Maybe to assist with the harvesting of plants and actually bending over and plucking primes from the other, those with trade skills should only have the ability to chose be limited to either Synthesis or Harvesting. 

And plus, it may be a good idea to expand one's horizons and actually trek and venture to different areas to pick primes, not just repeat the main public areas such as Moghedu. 

Food for thought. 
    All of those problems you mentioned can be trivially handled with changes to the production/harvesting/etc rates of the various plants, without any of the problems that come with having two different curing systems.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    I extract from Ilyrean, Meropis, Ashtan city.. pretty much anywhere except Moghedu. I loathe extracting though. And lab work. 
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."