Memorable quotes

Comments

• Mathilda said:
    "I'm just here, sitting on your cubicle. I'm not attacking you or anything, who cares if you wanna do some work?"
    The key here is that the Druid doesn’t own the land. They’ve claimed it, but no one has to recognize that as a”I own this now, it is mine”. I would have done the same thing, except actually killed him. Then went right back to fishing.

Don’t put your grove on a fishing spot if you don’t want people in there doing stuff.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Sapling Vadora, of the Ginger Plant is here. Sapling Mitsuo, of the Lobelia Wildflower is here. He wields a wyvern-etched druidic quarterstaff in both hands. Sapling Vapula, of the Red Elm is here.

Also I think we all know why he wanted Pyori to leave.
  • Ah? The PKers decided forced movement is an attack? I will start hiring for that then. :)
  • That’s petty, but it may be enough to keep me from always getting kicked from Quisalis when there’s no contracts

• I get why it's considered an attack on someone, but come on with it being unjustified. I get that you can't claim that it's your ground like a city, but IC it might as well be? The druid/whatever the other class is have a spiritual connection to the grove, so imo it should be considered trespassing.

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • Aralaya said:
    I get why it's considered an attack on someone, but come on with it being unjustified. I get that you can't claim that it's your ground like a city, but IC it might as well be? The druid/whatever the other class is have a spiritual connection to the grove, so imo it should be considered trespassing.
    Don't walk into my gravehands, I set this up,  you are TRESPASSING ON MY HANDS! *pets hands*
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Why not just extend city bounties to act contracts, at the very least in terms of keeping a mark active in quisalis/ivory
  • I actually think letting cities place bounties or place contracts instead for higher risk targets would be ok, if we were going to add any quick fixes for the mark system. Contract goes up simply as Bounty from City X, and when completed it tells them it was a contract from X city for Y bounty or something. Not a perfect fix or even a great one, but'll at least add more contracts (not necessarily gold) for marks to stay in the system.
  • Atalkez said:
    Mathilda said:
    "I'm just here, sitting on your cubicle. I'm not attacking you or anything, who cares if you wanna do some work?"
    The key here is that the Druid doesn’t own the land. They’ve claimed it, but no one has to recognize that as a”I own this now, it is mine”. I would have done the same thing, except actually killed him. Then went right back to fishing.

Don’t put your grove on a fishing spot if you don’t want people in there doing stuff.
    I don't own my cubicle in my office, either, and I'm not aware of any case anywhere that is otherwise. But it's still common sense and common courtesy to not hang around when the person who's stationed there wants to use it.
     <3 
  • Mathilda said:
    Atalkez said:
    Mathilda said:

I don't own my cubicle in my office, either, and I'm not aware of any case anywhere that is otherwise. But it's still common sense and common courtesy to not hang around when the person who's stationed there wants to use it.
    You have to stop with your analogies, they are always terrible.
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    IIRC walking into hindrances like forestbinding used to be considered grounds for PK too. And you get a big world message when you forestbind so people could like, deliberately walk into the binding and then track/portal in to kill you if they hated you enough. >_>

• Minifie said:
    If my analogies make you uncomfortable, that's not my problem.
     <3 
  • Mathilda said:
    Minifie said:
    If my analogies make you uncomfortable, that's not my problem.
    They don’t make me uncomfortable, they are just terrible. 
  • Prove how the analogy is inaccurate instead of telling me to stop. Is good.
     <3 
  • It's inaccurate because there's no social contract between the people in Ashtan and Eleusis. They're not working together or in any agreement to respect space that's not otherwise considered defendable.

To everyone except those who follow/revere Nature that "spiritual connection" is meaningless. Can people trespass on a place where someone has a tent or cart?
  • A cubicle is something that is given to an employee to turn into their own personal workspace, the mechanics of a workplace allow for this to be a more privatised space. A grove isn’t the same, some groves are in hunting places, off plane, next to or on top of places of interest. 

A grove requires you just to embrace a grove class, nothing more. There is no interview to make sure you are mentally fine, no barrier to entry nor any management to ensure you don’t abuse the priviliges given to you with the cubicle. A cubicle is also given to you with very little choice on your part, you get lead to it and that space is yours. Groves are completely up to you where you wanna place it down. Like it near the water? Probably going to be people fishing. If you want an easier access grove, other people can access it easier as well, you can put your grove somewhere far off and random if you want a grove people are just not going to be bothered with.

you also can’t exterminate a cubicle, but you can a grove. A better analogy would be a park, you place down your picnic, but the boys nearby are playing soccer and the ball threatens to fly into your picnic a lot. You can ask them politely to readjust their playing area to give you space, or move. You don’t get to put your picnic blanket down and then kick the kids in the head when their game gets too close/around your picnic. The forests are a public area, much like a park, you can assume you’ll not have people jump into your picnic if you aren’t bothering them, but you don’t get to kick others out because you pissed your name into the grass.
  • Working on the park picnic scenario, actually, it's common courtesy for those soccer players to apologize if their ball did go into someone's picnic, and then adjust. Especially if the picnicking person got to the spot first.

In this case, the druid presumably did imprint on the grove first, which means that visitors should at least be courteous enough to adjust to accommodate them and their needs.
     <3 
  • As a druid, I have to say that Aralaya is right. Groves are very special (although perhaps not as much as they used to be back in the day), they are a home away from home. They are very different from a cart or a tent.

That being said, the druid of course does not OWN the Grove. I personally would not eject someone hanging out in my Grove, unless they were vandalizing or something, but I might entertain the notion. It would feel like an intrusion.

I feel like both of them had RP justification for what they did. There was nothing amiss.  
  • I don't think anyone disagrees that it is different for the follower of Nature. Unfortunately, the world does not revolve around those who hold that opinion.
  • We should probably go back to quotes. Neither side did anything wrong. The grove user is free to use grove eject, but that does open him up to retaliation. 
    Mathilda said:
    Working on the park picnic scenario, actually, it's common courtesy for those soccer players to apologize if their ball did go into someone's picnic, and then adjust. Especially if the picnicking person got to the spot first.

In this case, the druid presumably did imprint on the grove first, which means that visitors should at least be courteous enough to adjust to accommodate them and their needs.
    Common courtesy like that is nice, but it's not all that assured even in the real world, let alone in a world with people who worship a destructive force like Chaos, or an Evil overlord like Sartan. You can have a nice picnic, but if a mobster or yakuza steps in, are you going to tell them to bugger off too and expect an apology?
  • Why don't you guys come sit in my Grove. I fully expect you to fight back though. It ain't gonna be pretty!
  • For as long as I can remember, moving someone has been an attack.

Analogies are a terrible way to argue.

When it comes to rules in a game, what you 'feel' doesn't really matter. I get what you mean when you say a grove is special to you, but I don't get to say that going around murdering people for laughing is special to me. The ruling on groves is neither new, nor ambiguous: there's nothing special about a grove from a rules standpoint, and you definitely never own it, no matter how much you love your grove, in your heart. 

I'm not entirely sure why @Pyori is adamant about forum-shaming some random, ill-informed dude, and if you want to call 'em out for being rude, then great! Just don't fish around for rules that don't exist. Be straight up; you can tell someone you think they're rude, it's not a crime. 
  • Let us all remember that if you assert something (like an analogy) to be true, it is not on others to prove that it is not true. It is on you to prove that it is true.

That's how these things work.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• ...How did such a simple whine gain over 40 comments....
  • Asmodron said:
    ...How did such a simple whine gain over 40 comments....
    It was a situation where no one did anything wrong too, so bizarre.
  • edited February 2018
    Reyson said:
    You have a very weird understanding of the term 'shaming'.
    Asmodron said:
    Same question could be posed when anyone from Hashan posts anything.

• Pyori said:
    Reyson said:
    You have a very weird understanding of the term 'shaming'.
    Asmodron said:
    Same question could be posed when anyone from Hashan posts anything.
    No...it really cant.

Constructive discussion about a city and its path does not equal "I got mad and hit someone for pushing me, AND I want to take it public!".

You're just grasping at straws now.
  • Nobody is mad. You should probably read the posts.