Hail, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

What browser do you use?

TysandrTysandr Member Posts: 439 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
edited January 31 in The Universal Membrane
Bored & was testing a proof-of-concept for Nexus/local-javascript crossover. Surprisingly not too difficult. However, I only use Chrome.

Wondering what people use as their browser to get a feel of what may be the client population. @Tecton probably has the answer for current Nexus users.

The Nexus code that allows this currently if you're interested:

/*  Subversion v0.01    */
subv = (function() { var log  = console.log  var root = 'file:///bla/bla/bla'     // https://stackoverflow.com/a/10612311     root = 'chrome-extension://cffbdnelaahmhckckpgmdjjfekonhojn/subv.main.js' var c    = {}  var exy  = function(what) { if (typeof what != 'undefined') { return true }; return false }   var init = function() {   // enslave Nexus   if (exy(Nexus)) { subv.c = Nexus; c = subv.c }   // inject external   inject(root, 'script') }  var inject = function(datum, type, cb) {  if (type == 'script') {    var head = document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0]    var elem = document.createElement('script')        elem.src = datum        elem.onload = function() { log('Completed loading.') }    head.appendChild(elem)  }  if (type == 'css') {    $('body').append('<div class="subv-rule">&shy;<style>' + rule + '</style></div>')  } }     return {   c     : c,   init  : init,   inject: inject, }})()
subv.init()

Nexus: Accents, Autotriggers, Dragon Talismans
"As the child did... without the rope. Then fear will find you again."

What browser do you use? 65 votes

Chrome
53%
JurixeKyrraTreyKresslackMelodieTahquilKayeilMorthifAtalkezRyzanSiduriSeverinaRekhyrAesgarXadenElipiseTorinnEheneAralayaAilea 35 votes
Firefox
27%
VadimusesSkyeSherazadHalosRomAmranuSuladanChiamAsaniHuraiIsmayJaceroNicolaMathildaRayichChubbsKriexVexilte 18 votes
Safari
1%
Antidas 1 vote
Internet Explorer
1%
Exelethril 1 vote
Other
15%
SenaSobriquetShirszaeKlendathuZekerosVoliTujaquesPyoriZhaedanMaux 10 votes

Comments

• PuxiPuxi Member Posts: 527 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Chrome
    I've never seen another reason to use anything other than Chrome.
  • SobriquetSobriquet Member Posts: 2,009 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Other
    Tor. Although it' Firefox in reality. Chrome for everything else. 
    Antidas
  • PyoriPyori Member Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Other
    Firefox ordinarily. Been testing out Brave with friends recently, though. Seems to be pretty good so far.

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the StormMember Posts: 2,984 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Other
    I don't like the sheer number of processes that Chrome spawns, so don't use it on my tablet. Edge came preinstalled with Windows 10 and does what I need.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • ZekerosZekeros Member Posts: 25
    Other
    I use opera because chrome used to slow my computer down too much
  • PyoriPyori Member Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    edited January 31
    Other
    Pyori said:
    Firefox ordinarily. Been testing out Brave with friends recently, though. Seems to be pretty good so far.
    Can't edit post now, but yeah... Noticing a significant performance improvement over both Firefox and Chrome, having used them both on this computer before... Seems to run pretty nicely on my phone and tablet, too. Even on gif/image-heavy sites/page.

Don't think I'll be going back.

• VoliVoli Member Posts: 82 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Other
    I use Chrome, Firefox, and TOR depending on the task. Internet Explorer only exists when people only optimize their testware/courseware with Internet Explorer.

• TysandrTysandr Member Posts: 439 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Chrome
    Pyori said:
    Pyori said:
    Can't edit post now, but yeah... Noticing a significant performance improvement over both Firefox and Chrome, having used them both on this computer before... Seems to run pretty nicely on my phone and tablet, too. Even on gif/image-heavy sites/page.

Don't think I'll be going back.
    Interesting, will look at it.
    Nexus: Accents, Autotriggers, Dragon Talismans
    "As the child did... without the rope. Then fear will find you again."

• TujaquesTujaques Member Posts: 29
    Other
    I use Vivaldi when I have to run Nexus.
    Tysandr
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess BellatereMember, Seafaring Liason Posts: 2,754 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Firefox
    Firefox for me. I was using Chrome at one point, but I had a bad experience with it. It felt like a whole bunch of processes running, some of them wouldn't even shut down properly. So after a couple of days of coming home to discover my computer was still running in a hot room in a tropical climate, I decided to go back to Firefox.

SherazadNicola
  • RomRom Member Posts: 520 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    edited January 31
    Firefox
    I used Chrome for a little while when it came out and was excellent, but I switched back after a while since it feels like it’s just gotten worse as firefox has gotten better. I like chrome better on underpowered machines like my laptop though. My little brother has been testing brave and likes it so I may give it a try.
    Chat with other players in real time on your phone, browser, or desktop client:
    Come join the Achaea discord!
  • AileaAilea Member Posts: 115 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Chrome
    I mostly use Chrome; however, there are some times when applications/systems run better in another browser so I will switch to whatever platform is best, depending on what I'm doing. 

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo DomingoMember Posts: 3,006 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Other
    I use Opera. 

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

TujaquesZekeros
  • AralayaAralaya Member Posts: 1,080 @ - Epic Achaean
    Chrome
    I used Chrome. I was gonna switch to FireFox because on my old potato processor opening chrome would have it sit there at 100% for a few minutes while it came up. After I got my new processor tho it only takes up ~10% which I'm good with, so I'm sticking with it due to sheer laziness

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • ChubbsChubbs Member Posts: 64 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Firefox
    Firefox on my end. Used to use chrome but too much stuff. So I moved to a derivative of it. Same issues. Now on firefox!
  • SenaSena Member Posts: 3,926 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Other
    On desktop I mostly use Pale Moon, with Chrome just for access to certain browser extensions (Enhanced Steam, for example). On Android, I've tried a lot of browsers but I've never found one I really like, I'm using Firefox for now but I'm not really satisfied with it.
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United StatesMember Posts: 5,789 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Chrome
    I use Chrome at home, and FF at work. I've been meaning to switch to FF for everything since Chrome is a greedy memory goblin, but I keep forgetting (or being lazy and just not doing it).

Sign In to Comment.