Picking a Second Class

The title pretty much says it all, but I'm looking to pick up a second class and I want to hear opinions on why your class is the best and totally the one I should pick! Be as subjective as you want or give me pure, unadulterated numbers as proof, whatever you want. Also, feel free to include factional classes as I'm considering joining a city as it is and that could influence my choice. I'm currently a depthswalker, but hey if you really just love DW and wanna sell me on not wasting my time with any other class give that a whirl too! And let's try to keep this positive, as much as a fruitless effort as that is, just tell me why your class is great, not why someone else's sucks!

Comments

• PvE or PvP? Raids or duels? I think your second class really depends on which aspect of the game you're interested in, and whether you think another class performs better than DW in that aspect.
  • edited February 2018
    Are you tri-trans, survival, avoidance?
    ---if planning to PvP, do you have any miniskills trans'd? vision? tattoos?
    ----If yes, have you learned to utilise Depthswalker well?

If you answered no to any of the above, don't waste lessons on a second class yet. Because it'll be exactly that: a waste, and you'd be better off checking off the above things.

Depthswalker is perfectly fine; the class has virtually everything you could want (its bashing could use improvements, but everything beside that. You're level 87 so seems like you're doing fine in that regard anyway)

-----------------------------------
    Regarding Shikudo, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who was completely new, if they had any inclination at all towards wanting to fight. The class is pretty ridiculously complex no matter what route you want to take, and will require a lot of work to get it to the point where you're consistently killing people with it. Depthswalker, comparatively, you can pretty much brute force at least half of the game to death.

Its bashing is relatively solid, with little investment, which I guess it has that going for it at least.

• I long ago embraced the truth munchkin imparted upon me: I am a level one human with no class. 
  • Pyori said:
    Are you tri-trans, survival, avoidance?
    ---if planning to PvP, do you have any miniskills trans'd? vision? tattoos?
    ----If yes, have you learned to utilise Depthswalker well?

If you answered no to any of the above, don't waste lessons on a second class yet. Because it'll be exactly that: a waste, and you'd be better off checking off the above things.

Depthswalker is perfectly fine; the class has virtually everything you could want (its bashing could use improvements, but everything beside that. You're level 87 so seems like you're doing fine in that regard anyway)

-----------------------------------
    Regarding Shikudo, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who was completely new, if they had any inclination at all towards wanting to fight. The class is pretty ridiculously complex no matter what route you want to take, and will require a lot of work to get it to the point where you're consistently killing people with it. Depthswalker, comparatively, you can pretty much brute force at least half of the game to death.

Its bashing is relatively solid, with little investment, which I guess it has that going for it at least.
    I'm fully trans, and just to be clear I am very happy with DW, and enjoy the class immensely. I'm not looking to replace it, otherwise I'd be just dropping the class and picking up something new, I'm just looking for pitches on what a fun second class would be. 
  • Serpent is the best class, but as you shouldn't invest in venoms as it currently stands it is better to be put in a higher slot.

Pick Serpent for class #3.
  • Did I walk into another one of Mindshell's weapons of Math instruction again? There wasn't even a smoldering corpse left after he unleashed last time.
  • First Class was for theme factor. Second class was for cool factor

• I picked my second class based off of having wanted to play that class for ~13 years IRL.
    Saeva said:
    If Mathonwy is 2006 I wish 2007 had never come.
    Xenomorph said:
    heh. Mathowned.
    Message #12872 Sent by Jurixe
    4/16/0:41
    MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.
  • I've been a DW for a while and love the utility and combat but the hunting just makes the grind that much more grindish.

I chose Runie as a second class because I can hunt with 4 hits creatures would take 10 with DW.

DW has a lot of neat tricks for survival but needing that just makes hunting take longer. That said, I rarely feel like I'm going to die AND hunt a lot faster as Runie.

That's my reasoning for a second class.