Spooky Achaean NYC Meet 2018

Hi everyone!

Just a heads up for people who like to plan ahead.. I'll be hosting an NYC Halloween Achaea meet on the weekend of Oct. 26-28. There are a few internationals planning on coming too (@Stheno and @Minifie I think, and @Rangor if I can convince him!). The date's set in stone, hence the super preemptive announcement.

COSTUMES WILL BE MANDATORY!!

I'll be looking at venues and maybe an event for us to attend as the date approaches, or we could bar-crawl like the true drunkards we are! Either way, we'll have an amazing time! Post here if you are thinking of coming, and I'll be tagging everyone as the date approaches throughout the year. Cheers!

Nick

Comments

• I really want to make this!
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    I already told you this, but assuming things go well, I should be able to make this! I just need to pin down an affordable/free place to stay first.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • I'm a very tentative maybe, it depends on what the summer holds.
  • Will see what I can do. Have no idea what the work / living situation will be like at the time, but if all is well I'll swing down.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Costumes should be Achaea themed. (I won't even dress up as myself!)
  • Nicola dressing up as Makarios confirmed?

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • I am going to come dressed as braver. That dude wears armour and a pink thong bikini.
  • Yes! I’m in Nj. I’ve always wanted to go to a meet! 
  • I may actually be able to make it to this, since there's such advance warning. Put me down as a tentative.
  • edited February 2018

I'm in! Just gotta start figuring out my Drasmer costume.
  • Aegoth says "Why aren't you in a costume, asshole?" 
    ME:  Bitch, I'm a fucking robot all year, I put pants on and now I'm dressed up as a person! 

Also @Nicola be there or be square!

• I don’t do costumes 
  • Come on...  then we can get @Sartan and @Aegis to show up, and we can wage an Order War right in the middle of NYC streets.  (Seriously, it's like a regular Tuesday to them there)

• ooooo I can't wait!!
  • edited February 2018
    Caelan said:
    Aegoth says "Why aren't you in a costume, asshole?" 
    ME:  Bitch, I'm a fucking robot all year, I put pants on and now I'm dressed up as a person! 

Also @Nicola be there or be square!
    @Nicola please attend and dress up as a square.
  • but thatd compete with my costume, a red square
  • Caelan said:
    Come on...  then we can get @Sartan and @Aegis to show up, and we can wage an Order War right in the middle of NYC streets.  (Seriously, it's like a regular Tuesday to them there)
    A tactical (autumn) retreat is currently not on the list of options. However, I heartily trust that your LARPing skills are on par with that fool of a mortal, @Aegoth.

I hope you won't be proving Me wrong.

• edited February 2018
    Aegis said:
    Caelan said:
    Come on...  then we can get @Sartan and @Aegis to show up, and we can wage an Order War right in the middle of NYC streets.  (Seriously, it's like a regular Tuesday to them there)
    A tactical (autumn) retreat is currently not on the list of options. However, I heartily trust that your LARPing skills are on par with that fool of a mortal, @Aegoth.

I hope you won't be proving Me wrong.
    Well, I LARP with a taser so.. we're good!

I mean.. "Cast Scintilla Lightning"  *plaugh*

• Oh good, I larp with a flamethrower :D
  • Then there is the depths walker in the dark corner screaming insults about everybody’s mothers.
  • Tahquil said:
    Then there is the depths walker in the dark corner screaming insults about everybody’s mothers.
    Didn't know @Astarod is coming. :D
  • It's too far out to be able to 100% hammer this down for me, but a planned outing in NYC that time last year fell through for me, so I've still never been. 
    Saeva said:
    If Mathonwy is 2006 I wish 2007 had never come.
    Xenomorph said:
    heh. Mathowned.
    Message #12872 Sent by Jurixe
    4/16/0:41
    MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.
  • edited February 2018
    Aegoth said:
    Oh good, I larp with a flamethrower :D

Max effective range of a flamethrower:  65ft.  
    Max firing range of a flamethrower:  132ft.
    Max range of one of these babies:  up to 300ft. 

No contest. I shall send you to meet your precious God, and you will suffer in doing so!

Unless you mean a flamethrower tank with a range of 500ft.  In which case I say "You thought parking in NYC was bad with a car!?!"

• AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    I usually attend Ad-Tech which is 10/31-11/1 so I'm a maybe for this (the show has been dog shit the last few years though).  I've never been to NYC for Halloween though, so this is enticing.
  • Achilles said:
    I usually attend Ad-Tech which is 10/31-11/1 so I'm a maybe for this (the show has been dog shit the last few years though).  I've never been to NYC for Halloween though, so this is enticing.
    ShopTalk is the only decent conference anymore for Marketing stuff (that I know of)
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Puxi said:
    Achilles said:
    ShopTalk is the only decent conference anymore for Marketing stuff (that I know of)
    Leadscon and Affiliate Summit are really good.  Mediapost throws really good conferences that are also practically vacations as well.
  • Guess it depends on if I lose my slave status beforehand... I don’t want to be the bartender and God knows what the whole evening and carrying @Aegoth around. Cool idea though!
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    You've got eight real months - more than enough time to get yourself out of chains!
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • This sounds super awesome. Make me tentative/possibly