What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• Kriex said:
    Woke up this morning and realized I played drunk achaea last night. My mudlet being open and the 12 pack of empty bottles sitting next to the comp. 

I have no idea what drunk me did last night. Should be fun logging in today
    Learned my lesson with this the other night when I was dueling Krizal but targetting Karren :( 
  • Plak said:
    First: a lot of RP, leading to unexpected but interesting and I think good things! All the Insidi, and a few in particular, are just amazing; lost for words here.

Then: when I nearly finished my final few interviews for HR5, Eleusis vivifies. We defend and then take the fight to them. Mixed feelings! It’s so awesome to be a jester and help others secure kills, annoy the enemy, do silly stuff and move about limitlessly! But ... two hours later I died 8 times, didn’t finish my House thing, and got zero kills (I know, I know, the “jester life”) so lost a good chunk of experience and a lot of time spent with Ugrach. Not sure how to improve either yet, but the future will tell if I can.

Another interesting and enjoyable day, thanks everybody.
    This is why I added Runie. I've had more kills in raids in the past few months than I did in 10yrs as a Jester. 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Talamond said:
    (Targossas): You say, "HR3 for anyone who quits the Dawnblade and joins the Harbingers in the next five minutes."

(Targossas): You say, "...Okay, I can't -actually- give you HR3, if only because that would be unfair to our HR3s."

General log for The Harbingers of Redemption:
    2018/02/14 00:59:46 - Talamond inducted Sylvia.
    2018/02/14 01:01:19 - Talamond inducted Effie.
    2018/02/14 01:01:23 - Talamond inducted Merio.
    2018/02/14 01:01:24 - Talamond inducted Kendara.
    2018/02/14 01:25:16 - Talamond inducted Aisa.
    Behold my power.
    Houses and Influence:
      150  The Nemesian Vanguard
       89   The Luminai
       77   The Harbingers of Redemption

It's not helping  :/
  • TalamondTalamond Atop his throne of books
    Wait, what? You shouldn't be able to see the Luminai at all.
  • haxd by insidium
  • Confused what was requested of me, interrupted a duel and got smooshed for it. Sorry @Nyneve!

• Talamond said:
    Wait, what? You shouldn't be able to see the Luminai at all.
    Figure out the equation. Duh!
  • Acrius said:
    Entered the Thousandth Door and ended up in Shallam before it fell into to the sea. :open_mouth:
    Unfortunately, I screwed up and tried to enter the sewer, which isn't connected anymore, so I got kicked out shortly after...

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/lgOW-BhO
    Hm, that shouldn't have happened!
    This is now fixed, good catch.
  • Rhivona said:
    Acrius said:
    Entered the Thousandth Door and ended up in Shallam before it fell into to the sea. :open_mouth:
    Unfortunately, I screwed up and tried to enter the sewer, which isn't connected anymore, so I got kicked out shortly after...

Noooooooooo
  • Rhivona said:
    Acrius said:

Do those rooms count for explorers, @Rhivona?
  • edited February 2018
    Aegoth said:
    Rhivona said:
    Acrius said:

Do those rooms count for explorers, @Rhivona?
    They do not
  • Sobriquet said:
    Plak said:
    Stuff about the jester lyfe and moving in with Ugrach. Not sure how to improve either yet, but the future will tell if I can.
    This is why I added Runie. I've had more kills in raids in the past few months than I did in 10yrs as a Jester. 
    I’m unsure how to feel about this :-|

I like what i’m doing or trying to do in raids though, and some people help me regain experience through leeching (you guys are the bestest). A second class sounds expensive!

And are you saying jesters just did a lot and won’t get kills in raids, period?
  • Yes. Jester is a great support class for group combat but aren't likely to get many kills.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• It’s a very high impact raid class in that throwing bombs never fails for the jester, but yeah it almost gets no kills unless you time a fashion/puppet choke well. I kind of wish you could choke and it would create a doll if you didn’t have one of the target to eliminate some clunkiness. 

• It's better now than it used to be with throttle but you will need to manage your puppets well  ( although now we can manage them by name that's not as tricky to code). Aeon / Mickey/ itching is great while your group puts aff pressure on but will never get you the kill.

Bear in mind you get a good damage class for raids for free when you get lvl 99, and Mhaldor are very good at supporting their citizens obtaining Dragon 

• Awesome, thanks! When you say 'manage puppets by name' what do you mean exactly? I tried wield sobriquet I think and it didn't work? I can check again later!
  • Your options are basically using abilities that actually make you useful (aeon, hangedman, mickey, bombs, other tarot) or using abilities that might get you kills (bop, jack-in-the-box, throttle). Unfortunately, I can't think of a single ability that would fall into both categories simultaneously, which isn't the case for most other classes.

Maybe you could start out with abilities from the former group, and then transition to abilities from the latter group, but that depends on how long they stay alive. Even then, from a pure efficiency standpoint you'd probably be better served switching over to flinging aeon at the next target (if known) when the current target is close to death.

@Plak: Regarding targetting puppets by name, I'm pretty sure it's curly braces, e.g. WIELD {Sobriquet}.
  • Yeh, put the name in curly brackets to reference the puppet directly 

• Since your name is attached to bomb throws, prepare to get nuked by LoS attacks as a jester, by the way. 

• Minifie said:
    Confused what was requested of me, interrupted a duel and got smooshed for it. Sorry @Nyneve!

No worries, just cede Tenwat to me and we cool. 
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Acrius said:

You didn't even make it to Fish Street!  That's like visiting Paris without visiting the Eiffel Tower, Rome without seeing the Colosseum, or New York without seeing Times Square.
  • Cooper said:
    In Mhaldor, there are a lot of people who realize Jester is amazing to have in groups but will lose experience during fights. Those people are usually willing to let you puppet leech.
    Think he already has one of me and crixos so far, not sure who else!
  • Kriex said:
    I fought a well known DW in a duel. Was told that it would be an uphill battle for me the whole way, that they wern't expecting me to win cause she was a really good fighter. Needless to say, her entrails are laid out over North of New Thera. Today has been a good day so far
    Well I wasn't gonna point this out, but on reviewing the log, I ran out of curare pretty early on. Explains why I didn't get anywhere. At least I learned to make a highlight to notify me of the absence of venoms, and to check beforehand. Needless to say, I'll want a rematch soon.
  • This is why they really need to introduce assist experience so support classes don't have the unavoidable net/net exp loss in a winning scenario because they never landed a killing blow.
  • I think the problem there is, what counts as an assist? How would you define that in a way that people couldn't abuse.

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates