Roleplay Logs!

Comments

• So small, barely counts as an rp log at all, but it made me grin.

(Hashan): You say, "Anyone available that could ink me a boar and moon? Things disappear faster than ale in a bar full of dwarves."

Boosteya tells you, "Hey, that's racist! No race has a monopoly on drunks."

You tell Discipulus Boosteya Ze'Dekiah, "Aye, but we hold a monopoly on the fastest consumption."

Boosteya tells you, "Do you really?"

Boosteya tells you, "And, is that a thing of which to be proud?"

You tell Discipulus Boosteya Ze'Dekiah, "Undoubtedly."

• I think this counts as roleplay?

Worked on this during my christmas break so figured I'd share it:

The citizens of Mhaldor gathered at Red Square this month to witness a sermon.

Droch Halios, Seminarian of Proselytism says to Xenomorph, "With your permission Tyrannus I will begin."

Xenomorph nods his head at Halios.

Droch Halios, Seminarian of Proselytism says, "Greetings, all. Your attendance is appreciated."

Droch Halios, Seminarian of Proselytism says, "Hail to Lord Sartan, may these words glorify Him and Him only."

Droch Halios, Seminarian of Proselytism says, "I have served our true Master, Lord Sartan, since my inception. First as a Naga assassin and thief, then as an Apostate, and then in exile as a subversive Priest in the cess pool that was once Shallam, and then a weary Sylvan and finally Magi, wandering listlessly, distraught and lost without the presence of the Master I had dedicated my lifes works to."

Halios adopts a grave look of concern and purses his lips while you glimpse minute twinges of pain, anger, and frustration flash across his face.

Droch Halios, Seminarian of Proselytism says, "Sacrifice is more than dying at Sarapin. Sacrifice is more than dying twice in a conflict with a raiding group from another society. Sacrifice is much more imposing and daunting than these trivial instances."

Droch Halios, Seminarian of Proselytism says, "I speak not as someone driven by ego or some ill-formed sense of status. Status is an illusion. Rank is simply a linear ordering of commands. Those commands all derive from one source, our Master."

Halios gestures around the sky and the walls of Mhaldor, displaying the omnipresent nature of the Lord Sartan in all things.

Droch Halios, Seminarian of Proselytism says, "What I seek to instill upon you is a sense of urgency and a perspective that I feel is always needed. A revitalization, so to speak."

Droch Halios, Seminarian of Proselytism says, "I have lived near two hundred and fifty years as a part of this city. As a part of the machine that is Evil. Constantly churning and driving towards utter domination -- the ultimate cull of the weak. That is what Mhaldor is."

Droch Halios, Seminarian of Proselytism says, "This is not a sermon preaching to you the basic words written in the Truths. All citizens should know them by heart, even novices. This is about embodiment of not only the Truths, but the Masters purpose. I say to you, look at my scars. Look at my war-torn hands and stare into my eyes."

Droch Halios, Seminarian of Proselytism says, "Know that I view myself in my current form as a weak and ill-disciplined Slave in need of Suffering of Oppression. These scars remind me of what I was once was, and the trauma I will need to endure to release the weakness from my mortal coil."

Droch Halios, Seminarian of Proselytism says, "Understand how serious I am when I say that my Suffering and experiences stretch further than you can imagine. Many of them self-imposed, many of them self-imposed by stupidity, weakness, and capriciousness. These are things we all encounter. Do not fool yourself into a sense of immunity. I profess my weakness, but we all must know that none of us are the Master. All of us are weak. It is a relative term, not to be forgotten."

Halios adopts a braced position, cementing his heels and edges of his boots into the musty dirt floor, scattering aged bones and bits of flesh as he does so.

Droch Halios, Seminarian of Proselytism says, "One bit of weakness at a time. Now that I truly have your attention. I don't feel that this

message can be taken seriously while I still cling to my corporeal form."

Halios grimaces and gives a formal salute, crossing both hands across his chest and screams, US MAK REDUS URUT-SUUL-MU.

Halios drops to one knee.

Xenomorph begins to wield a Logosian Battleaxe in his right hand.

Xenomorph begins to wield a Logosian Battleaxe in his left hand.

Xenomorph raises his battleaxe over his head and begins to swing it in a

wide circle, gaining speed as he goes.

Xenomorph roars with triumph, and brings his whirling battleaxe speeding towards Halios, to slice his head from his shoulders. Halios's body collapses, fountaining blood.

Halios has been slain by Xenomorph.

• The soul of Halios rises up with a hellish cackle, an ethereal wraith that seems to dissipate at one moment before filling the room with

tangible presence.

The soul of Halios says, "My message is simple Mhaldor: Wake up."

The soul of Halios says, "Do something."

The soul of Halios says, "I used to hold the attitude that rank or progression was the goal. It's not, let me tell you."

The soul of Halios says, "The goal, Mhaldor, is to decimate anyone who stands in our path."

The soul of Halios says, "The goal, Mhaldor, is to strip ourselves bare. Remove any form of weakness despite the immense toll it may take on you in the short term."

The soul of Halios begins chanting, each syllable building in ferocity. At the apex, his soul summons a levitating daeggar, chipped and foreign in appearance.

The soul of Halios says, "Say The goal Mhaldor, is to forget who we are. We are nothing. Halios is a name. Droch is a title. In reality, I would serve just as well as a decrepit zombie, for then I would be free of my emotion and personality. I would be the perfect servant of our Master."

Pointing towards his once-inhabited body, the waiting daegger begins raining corporeal blows upon it, inflicting pain which will follow through Thoth's halls.

The soul of Halios says, "In my time, we sacrificed ourselves constantly for essence for our Master. I have no authority over any of you. I once bore the title of Archai and a commanding rank in my guild and then house. But as I've said, that is all irrelevant."

The soul of Halios says, "Look inside yourselves Mhaldor. Realize who you are, and even more importantly, how little that matters. We are but a part of the machine, and belief in that machine and TOTAL commitment is what will garner victory. Nothing less will do."

The soul of Halios says, "Show our Master your commitment Mhaldor. Show Him your body is but a vessel for His glory. His power. His strength. His success. His truths."

The soul of Halios begins to chant in a furious, frenetic pace. Repeating the words his body spoke before, over and over: US MAK REDUS URUT-SUUL-MU.

The soul of Halios says, "These words are not my own. These are ancient words of power, things that represent something we once did as a city. Something important, something defining. You may have guessed Mhaldor: These words mean I WILL EMBRACE MY BLOODY DEATH."

The soul of Halios says, "Restore yourselves to the unit I once knew. The organization I died for incessantly, all the while laughing at the worries and the tears of the weak."

The soul of Halios says, "We should care not. We are not Cyrene. We are not Shallam. We are not Ashtan, nor Hashan, nor any other feeble minded group."

The soul of Halios says, "We are Mhaldor. Show yourselves citizens. Display across sapience our commitment. Join me in death. Show them our names are naught but symbols of his power. Our experience but a tool of his will. Our essence but a number he owns. We are Mhaldor. We are the machine."

The spirit of Halios appears diminished, drained of all conviction as it slumps to the ground, deflated and spent.

Seeing his situation to be hopeless, Halios embraces the cold clutches of death.

Xenomorph says in a gruff voice, "Citizens, Halios has spoken the truth we all know to be self-evident. We have been lax in our ritualistic

devotion that once was. Join him, either at my hand or your own."

At this, the gathered citizens slaughtered themselves or knelt before the Tyrannus, allowing our blood to splash across the square.

• I used voyria because losing experience is what a professional would do.
  • edited January 2013
    Tvistor said:
    I used voyria because losing experience is what a professional would do.
    Xeno heartstopped after executing everyone so I could offer them all including him after I got back from praying.

*swoons*
  • Dat Mhaldor.
  • ^Slightly edited for spelling and grammar, because it's really hard on my eyes if I don't. Didn't fix the really cumbersome errors, like "grimmer and grimmer," but adding commas, fixing obvious spelling errors, and tweaking other little stuff makes it easier to read.
  • I half-expected Cain to show up and crash the party, considering his Spidey-sense for embers.
  • Aww, I love Father Garron.
  • Me too. I just realized I miss interacting with him. :(
  • HalosHalos The Reaches
    edited January 2013
    Garron Makes Everything Better.™

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Silas said:
    Rich motes of lucent clarity suffuse the skies as the Lightbringer evokes, "Melodie Le'Murzen. Light denies you on this day. Let you ever suffer the scorn of your peers. You are banished from the grace of devotion."
    Melodie said:
    Father Garron says, "I pray that the spark may one day alight anew in you, Lady Melodie. That you may rekindle again the righteous fervor of the devout."

Do Gods overreact? Because if they don't, then it looks like Garron is dishonoring Aurora's wishes.
  • XerXer Langley
    @Jurixe: Lyaeus was definitely doing that intentionally IMO >.> Also looking forward to new changes and events :D
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
  • Yeah, Garron's response is a bit weird given the circumstances. C'est la vie, though.

• Well, to me it looks more like Deucalion disagreeing with Aurora (since we all know that Garron = Deuc's), which is the absolute last thing Shallam needs. Melodie has her own personal Patron to turn to for comfort, and you don't need Garron going to speak to her and sympathise with her to let her know that redemption is possible - especially not after Aurora has demanded that nobody show her sympathy.

Still, can't be undone, so I'll just hope that it was instead just a harmless gesture.

• I do agree with that, for sure. We need a unified front, and I was unaware that Garron was exclusively Deuc-leaning.
  • HalosHalos The Reaches
    edited January 2013
    What Chord said.

Deucalion and Aurora have been on the same page since Aurora arrived, It would have been strange to see Deucalion, or even Wyverex go over and attempt to console Melodie. To Deuc, Melodie is a heretic undeserving of mercy. As for Garron, I'm not so sure you know enough about him to draw the conclusion that anything he says is fiat from Deuc. There is a certain distinction between Deucalion's outlook and Garron's as a character, as we have seen a few times. Storywise, Garron--the humble priest from Jaru--is free to plant the suggestion that there is hope while allowing Deuc and Aurora to maintain stern condemnation for her sinful actions.

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • edited January 2013
    Yeah, I dunno. I just checked after reading this as well, and it looks like Deuc's Order is maintaining their shrine in Cyrene despite Aurora's stance. Bit strange, since despite how much it sucks for Melodie, and how much people do sympathise with her IC and/or OOC, the excommunication has been very widely well-received by the refugees that I've spoken to. It looked like this was going to be the start of undoing *shallam's longstanding alliance with Cyrene as we get ready to move into the new city on a clean, bold and clear slate. I really hope, given that, that this is just a minor misstep/miscommunication.

ETA: Not to drag this on, because I don't want it to seem like I'm super gung ho about Melodie being excommed or anything, lol, but Garron has set himself up as being one of Deuc's followers. Maybe it's not as widely known as I assumed, and it's entirely possible (and I hope that it's true) that I'm making more of this than was intended, but to me at least Garron represents Deuc since that's how it's been presented to me.

• I don't want to drag this out, and I have no idea what's going on IC for obvious reasons, but is it possible that Garron isn't purely a priest of Deucalion - he's also a kindly old man who wants to comfort a friend in need, even at the expense of (possibly) angering his God's bloodsworn? Maybe this was a moment of mortal weakness that he'll atone for in prayer or some such.
  • LyrLyr
    edited January 2013
    :-\"
  • Maybe it's all part of a secret plot to lure Melodie to Shallam.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• Wait, I was relevant for once?

Time to start posting only tangentially related things again. Ritual I performed several RL months ago now.

You say, "So. To begin, then."

You say, "Today, we are celebrating the season of Eostermonath."

At the sound of the last word, a ruby set into the walls begins to glow slightly.

You say, "This season represents Fire as a force to guide and create."

The crystalline lights in the hall dim, some going out entirely, leaving the single glowing ruby to

illuminate the entire scene.

In the dim light, Chryenth moves his hands in a flowing, circular movement.

Refracting the light of the glowing ruby, a sphere of air some three meters across distorts, bending

the red glow inwards.

You say, "Fire guides us."

The distorted sphere is suddenly filled with the image of a torch. Quickly, the image shifts to a

brazier, a campfire, and a succession of other items.

You say, "Fire help us create."

A red-gold forge appears in the center of the distortion, surrounded by leaping flames.

You smile impishly and say, "Sometimes, it helps us create destruction."

The sphere collapses, glowing brightly, then expands rapidly in an illusion of a holocaust globe. In

the brief moment before it vanishes, a city with a tall emerald spire appears, engulfed in flames.

You say, "We are the chosen warriors of the Phoenix. Its Fire burns within us."

The light from the ruby begins to wax stronger, and spreads to the surrounding crystals. Soon, the

hall is filled with a rainbow of colored light.

As the light rises, you feel your blood fizz as your connection with Fire is renewed.

You say, "It is manifest in our burning drive to succeed."

You feel your mind expand slightly as the light levels return to normal, your creativity kindled by

the ritual.

Chryenth brings his hands together, signaling the end of the ritual.

You say, "Thank you for attending, friends. May Kkractle guide and inspire you."