Grobes Feb '18

2»

Comments

• I don't have the exact log snippet, but @Issam bought me a globe and it gave me a free tradeskill slot.

Now I'm obliged to spend credits/lessons D:

jk ily Issam
     <3 
  • The two halves of the globe split open to reveal a Band of Tenacity! As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 630 gold sovereigns, a group of 31 sileris berries, a group of 10 steel bars, and an oaken vial! The gold is whisked directly into your bank account in Mhaldor, giving you a new balance of 232415 gold.

I'm content. 

• 232k gold?  Sheesh you need to be paid better.
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • Took a risk, 1200cr for 30:

229 unbound
    230 bound
    60 artefact upgrade credits
    4 humgii tickets
    3 crowns
    100 bound in talisman pieces. 

Definitely not buying for over 25, only managed 7 caches, and if I didn't get the hunter's belt and got 25~ credits instead I'd be looking at 600~ credit loss. Much like the giftbags and higher stockings, a way to combine talisman caches to up our chances to get a higher piece would be nice, especially since I have completed blackwave and races, even if doing so made them bound or something. 25cr would have at least covered me (2 pieces per cache at this awful drop rate also would probably have given me a chance).
  • You have completed blackwave and races why are you still buying globes unless you plan to sell completed sets, or recycle old pieces. Gambling credits with promos to get more credits definitely a huge risk.
  • Need conclave and also trying to get pieces to help out people I know, was hoping to break even but caches suck this time around, last time even poor rolls gave you enough to finish off crappy sets at least.
  • Breaking even at 40 credits per is not going to happen on average.

There is a reason I'm not willing to break 25cr per.

People are being really stupid about the prices they are paying for globes. Anyone doing more than 31ish per is going to lose more credits than they get the majority of the time.

• Yeah I did 35per last night for 5.  175cr. 

Got 2 caches.  Ended up making 274cr in credits and talismans (using redeem value) .

Not normal, but I figured I'd take a gamble,  and I won't be buying at 35per again.

• edited February 2018
    Caelan said:
    Yeah I did 35per last night for 5.  175cr. 

Got 2 caches.  Ended up making 274cr in credits and talismans (using redeem value) .

Not normal, but I figured I'd take a gamble,  and I won't be buying at 35per again.
    I think I got unbelievably unlucky, 9 caches, three conclaves opened for hourglass sand and broochmetal, and the other 6 were 5 taper pieces, 2 finality pieces. Even at 30cr I'd have not made my credits back. This isn't a dig at IRE, but how the hell they got to 40 with these numbers is unbelievable. Might go back to hoarding credits again and just paying over for pieces that pop up, won't have to buy into promos again either!

Edit: It's just after the stockings, which thanks to the scarcity (and inability) to redeem certain pieces, luck basically kicked me in the junk, and people seemed to say globes were doing ok, but it seems my luck kicked in once again. 
  • I should say that I still think globes are great (some new things in them would be fun, but not necessary).

From the website you are still getting a great value from them. If you don't like to gamble you can sell them to players as well.

People just pay too much in game for them because their tracking of value is off, or they got one super rare talisman piece and are chasing that high still.

Think about it - even when caches were two talisman pieces each with a small chance of 3, people weren't paying 40 credits per globe. Now there is one piece per cache, with a small chance of two, and people are paying MORE for them.

I'll let them burn all their credits and have fun in the next promo. 

• Correct. Is not worth 40cr per, even if you managed to win the bonus round. 30cr per is about break even. 25cr per you are pretty safe.
  • Been selling globess consistently for 40cr per for the last 3 globe promos. Shrug
  • something I didn't notice:

The two halves of the globe split open to reveal a free trait reset!
    As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 2430 gold sovereigns, a
    group of 12 ginseng roots, a group of 10 wood commodities, and an oaken vial!

I have a level 2 grimoire, like lessons, could these be deleted from prize pool if you have a level 1 or 2 grimoire?

@makarios @nicola
  • While I personally do not have a big issue with globes (Having bought 50+ now), I would like to suggest a concept of a mechanic in another IRE that works well.

You start off with a general chance counter set for prizes, let's say it is:

1% Big prize
    2% Intermediate prize
    10% Good prize

The more globes/presents/etc you open, the bigger your chance for a "big prize" gets. Should you open and get a big prize, your counter resets.

This was made so that people can eventually have a much better chance of a 'big prize' after having scavenged up a lot of 'presents' beforehand. The surprise and gambling aspect are there, while the sense of loss for your $$$ is also somewhat mitigated, and you look forward towards that big prize.

Just something to think about.
  • Asmodron said:
    While I personally do not have a big issue with globes (Having bought 50+ now), I would like to suggest a concept of a mechanic in another IRE that works well.

You start off with a general chance counter set for prizes, let's say it is:

1% Big prize
    2% Intermediate prize
    10% Good prize

The more globes/presents/etc you open, the bigger your chance for a "big prize" gets. Should you open and get a big prize, your counter resets.

This was made so that people can eventually have a much better chance of a 'big prize' after having scavenged up a lot of 'presents' beforehand. The surprise and gambling aspect are there, while the sense of loss for your $$$ is also somewhat mitigated, and you look forward towards that big prize.

Just something to think about.
    I like this more than the current version of opening when special is announced .
  • edited February 2018
    @Makarios is fixing the trait reset! thank you!
  • I'm looking for grand magi needle if anyone comes across one! 

• Decided to try my luck one last time.

Your account has been credited with 5 globes of shifting continents.

open globe

The two halves of the globe split open to reveal 20 credits!
    As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 315 gold sovereigns, a
    group of 20 lobelia seeds, a group of 10 pieces of rope, and an oaken vial!

open globe

The two halves of the globe split open to reveal an additional tradeskill slot!
    open globe
    As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 4095 gold sovereigns, a
    group of 34 ginseng roots, a group of 10 wood commodities, and an oaken vial!

open globe

You have been awarded with a talisman cache!
    As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 2745 gold sovereigns, a
    group of 17 bloodroot leaves, a group of 10 steel bars, and an oaken vial!

open globe

The two halves of the globe split open to reveal a glazed, runic vial.
    You have been awarded with a talisman cache!
    As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 3240 gold sovereigns, a
    group of 19 goldenseal roots, a group of 10 steel bars, and an oaken vial!

open globe

The globe splits open to reveal a staff of illusion!
    The special globe prize has been claimed!
    As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 2205 gold sovereigns, a
    group of 19 lobelia seeds, a group of 10 wood commodities, and an oaken vial!

• Mathilda said:
    I don't have the exact log snippet, but @Issam bought me a globe and it gave me a free tradeskill slot.

Now I'm obliged to spend credits/lessons D:

jk ily Issam
    @mathilda so I swear to god I got a free tradeskill slot as well, does it track it somewhere? And how did you trade it in? 
  • Ive gotten all kinds of shit I already have. Grimiores, like 8 quivers, etc. 

• @Valnyran Don't think it can be tracked, and I also don't think it can be traded in.
     <3 
  • @Mathilda I figured it out.  It's in your Score Full

+-Licences and Permits--------------------------------------------------------+

| Clan Slots : 4/10     Can Reincarnate : Yes     Trait Reset : Yes |

| Friend Circles: 0      House Relocation: No |

| Tradeskill Slots: 5 |

So mine says 5, but I currently only have 4 tradeskills.  I went to Amarisse but I could get a new tradeskill to learn, so I'm messing something up.