The TV Series and Movies thread!

Talk about moving pictures that appear both on big and small screens alike. Discuss anything about the TV and the silver screen, from Firefly to Twilight, from unforgettable classics to potential newcomers.

I currently am taking up the Star Trek franchise! I've started with what was considered to be the worst series, Enterprise; oddly, I seem to be enjoying it quite a lot. I also will consider taking up Firefly.

I am a fan of sci-fi movies and TV series, ever since I watched The Andromeda Strain simply by curiosity. Any recommendations?

League of Legends: IA ROCKS (NA)
Guild Wars 2: erasariel.1532 - Devona's Rest (NA)
Final Fantasy XIV: Novi Selea - Cactuar (NA)
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ErasarielOfAchaea/
Achaea: Erasariel (duh!)

Comments

• Blade Runner and Attack the Block.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • Oh lord, Blade Runner so good.

• I recently finished the four seasons of Breaking Bad that are on Netflix and I'm not sure what to take up next. I'm currently considering Mad Men and re-watching the full run of Battlestar Galactica. Any other suggestions for good dramas that aren't from HBO?
    We ought not offer only on one occasion, subliminally sublime sublimation.
  • Went and saw Snow White and the Huntsman at a second run theatre last night. It was good as you could expect from a movie that starts from the premise that K-Stew is prettier than Charlize Theron. Which is to say, not really worth the three bucks.
  • edited August 2012
    the bbc series sherlock is amazing. 

@eld your paid the dollars for that? i'm so sorry...
  • @Mannimar Well, at least went with friends, so had people to mock it with afterward.
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Watched God Bless America....spot on.

• Glynn said:
    I recently finished the four seasons of Breaking Bad that are on Netflix and I'm not sure what to take up next. I'm currently considering Mad Men and re-watching the full run of Battlestar Galactica. Any other suggestions for good dramas that aren't from HBO?

I'm currently cable free, so I'm rewatching entire run of BSG as well. For the fourth or fifth time. Still love it. So well written. Have you given Walking Dead a try?

• Flair said:
    Glynn said:
    I recently finished the four seasons of Breaking Bad that are on Netflix and I'm not sure what to take up next. I'm currently considering Mad Men and re-watching the full run of Battlestar Galactica. Any other suggestions for good dramas that aren't from HBO?

I'm currently cable free, so I'm rewatching entire run of BSG as well. For the fourth or fifth time. Still love it. So well written. Have you given Walking Dead a try?

I watched the first season of Walking Dead when it aired but haven't watched any further in the series. I'll add that to the queue and give it a go. I just realized there were new episodes of Burn Notice (cheesy, but it entertains me) added to Netflix recently so I'm watching that currently.
    We ought not offer only on one occasion, subliminally sublime sublimation.
  • Glynn said:
    I watched the first season of Walking Dead when it aired but haven't watched any further in the series. I'll add that to the queue and give it a go. 
    so. good. 
  • Ive been getting into some british tv, thanks to netflix. Or at least mysteries, anyways. Tge aforementioned Sherlock, Midsomer Murders, Inspector Lewis. Discovered a canadian show called Murdoch Mysteries, which turned out to be entertaining. Think sherlock meets CSI, in Victorian era Toronto.
  • I am just waiting for Dexter Season 7 as well as Supernatural Season 8. I have been itching with the withdrawal symptoms.......

• Glynn said:
    re-watching the full run of Battlestar Galactica.
    Yes. ^^

Also, Doctor Who is pretty good.
  • Just watched all of Breaking Bad on netflix too. I also watched Sons of Anarchy which was alot better than I expected it to be. I gave Heroes a try but the first episode was pretty bad for me. Also just saw the Dark Knight Rises which I thought was okay but the Bane beating the crap out of the Batman scene was awesome. 

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    will and grace, my family, only fools and horses. Great shoows. Watching the entirety of Monty Python's flying circus now too.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • OceanaOceana North Sea

My family, Dr Who, Sherlock, Merlin, Bones

Dr Who is starting again next week! Woohoo!

• Jurixe said:
    I usually end up in tears from laughing so hard I can't breathe - those two are hilarious.
    I loved Whose Line is it anyway? too. Would pay to see you cracking up and/or crying from laughing so hard :D

• edited August 2012
    @Jurixe Definitely one of my hubby and I's favourite shows too - and I always liked the UK version too, which was its predecessor. We Youtube it all the time.

Aside from that, I tend to watch a lot of Big Bang Theory, Just for Laughs/Stand-up Comedy, and Mythbusters. And Monty Python. They've just greenlighted a new 13ep Canadian drama based on Bitten by Kelley Armstrong which I am incredibly excited for which will probably be added to that list when it starts. :D

"Gilgamesh, where are you hurrying to? You will never find that [everlasting] life for which you are looking. When the gods created man they allotted to him death, but life they retained in their own keeping. As for you, Gilgamesh, fill your belly with good things; day and night, night and day, dance and be merry, feast and rejoice. Let your clothes be fresh, bathe yourself in water, cherish the little child that holds your hand, and make your wife happy in your embrace; for this too is the lot of man." 

• Through the Wormhole is great. Been watching em while bashing.

• Arador said:
    Through the Wormhole is great. Been watching em while bashing.
    QFT. Science Channel second best channel right now.

(BBC #1 of course <3)

• edited August 2012
    This looks promising, might have to watch it.

• @Rugnar I think I drooled just a little. Looks incredibly interesting.

"Gilgamesh, where are you hurrying to? You will never find that [everlasting] life for which you are looking. When the gods created man they allotted to him death, but life they retained in their own keeping. As for you, Gilgamesh, fill your belly with good things; day and night, night and day, dance and be merry, feast and rejoice. Let your clothes be fresh, bathe yourself in water, cherish the little child that holds your hand, and make your wife happy in your embrace; for this too is the lot of man." 

• edited September 2012
    Jhaeli said:
    @Rugnar I think I drooled just a little. Looks incredibly interesting.
    This. Totally this. I just hope it will be on a channel that our current cable provider made available or something :|

Edit: What the - is that emoticon that's not how it's supposed to be

• edited September 2012
    Rugnar said:

You are evil. I saw the clip, downloaded the show and watched 5 episodes in a row. Today I'm sleepy at work! :)

I recommend everyone watch it!
  • VayneVayne Rhode Island
    on a pretty hard Breaking Bad stint, awesome show.
  • I'm having trouble getting over Sanctuary, since I just recently saw the final episode. The first two seasons were so good. So good. Season three had some incredible episodes (the WW2 one) and some appallingly bad ones (anything with that awful FBI agent chick), and started escalating the show's concept too much IMO. The fourth season kind of went the same way, but the last two eps were bringing it back towards the first two seasons. And then it didn't get renewed. At least it ended properly, no unresolved cliffhanger.

I am excited for new Doctor Who. The end of the last season took it in a cool direction so I'm excited to see where this one goes.
  • Rangor said:
    Rugnar said:

You are evil. I saw the clip, downloaded the show and watched 5 episodes in a row. Today I'm sleepy at work! :)

I recommend everyone watch it!
    I did pretty much the same thing, watched the entire 10 episode season in two evenings. Though considering who created it I'm not at all surprised that it was probably the best thing I've seen in the last few years.

Unrelated to that, I'm excited about the new season of Sons of Anarchy starting on Tuesday, even if I do have to stream it because it won't be shown here until the beginning of next year at the earliest.
  • Game of Thrones. True Blood. Boardwalk Empire. Best shows around at the moment, imho. :D
    I won a competition awhile ago to have Chris Bourassa paint a picture of Lodi. My profile pic is the end product. :)
  • LiancaLianca Fire and Spice
    Really loved Boardwalk Empire, just a great show with rich characters.
    The sweltering heat of the forge spills out across the land as the rumbling voice of Phaestus booms, "I want you to know, the Garden reaction to that one is: What?"
    The voice of Melantha, Goddess of the Seasons, echoes amid the rustle of leaves, "That's the censored version."