Combat Logs

Comments

• Keorin said:
    Any chance someone more familiar with beckon mechanics could help me work out what happened here: https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/6eBect2T

From what I (and other people saw), it looks like we got two blocks up and then got beckoned in anyways. Is that normal?
    Double block doesn't prevent beckon, just reduces the chance of it going through? I don't know.
  • That looks weird, there might be some odd interaction with the groups leader (Kogan) being one of the blockers, and the other blocker being someone following him (Shirszae), but I've never seen that before.

Of course Shirszae could have somehow lost block either by unblocking or something else, and Kogan got beckoned in and the whole group followed.

Could also be a one-time glitch in the matrix.
  • Shirszae was blocking until she followed, you can see the block drop after the beckon hits on her side, so it's not that.
  • I dunno. Were they trueblocks?
  • edited February 2018
    Mounted block doesn't stop Baalzadeen beckon. You need a class that can block unmounted for that. 

ETA: Anyone who's just blocking with mounted block will see the dismount message, iirc, off of beckon. Check Shirszae and Kogan's logs. 
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    edited February 2018
    Reyson said:
    Mounted block doesn't stop Baalzadeen beckon. You need a class that can block unmounted for that. 
    TIL  :confounded:

But yeah, I was DW so that makes sense. Kogan too, for that matter. So much for blocking :lol:

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Sticky stirrups ftw I think!
  • Not 100%. Best to have trueblocks (knight, dragon, serpent, maybe another but can't remember all)
  • Shirszae said:
    Reyson said:
    TIL  :confounded:

But yeah, I was DW so that makes sense. Kogan too, for that matter. So much for blocking :lol:
    Nah I was dragon bc I knew about trueblocking :P
  • edited February 2018
    Sticky stirrups = trueblock. Without it, a beckon will dismount you. Best to dismount/block if you’re a trueblocker 

• I'm pretty sure you don't have to dismount if you're a trueblocker. I think if you get dismounted, you'll keep blocking as long as you can block without the mount.
  • I'm worried it won't work for whateverfuckingreason sometime I need it to :(
  • Lesson learned, thanks all! Mhaldor'll beat some knowledge into us yet.
  • edited February 2018
    https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/6UsoMD3N (Fire Lord vs Depthswalker)

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/Rmj34bAf (Fire Lord vs Water Lord)

Didn't get to thoroughly try the new changes, looks like I'll need an artefact whale for that. Fire Lord has always had its best matchup against other momentum classes, can't shield/fly defensively and keep momentum up at the same time.

Slow prep fights are going to be the nightmares, especially against artied, trans Thermology people who take forever to kill. We'll see how the temperance changes feel in those fights!

I don't have the log of this fight unfortunately but,

You have been afflicted with latched.
    You feel suddenly weak, your limbs trembling and bile rising. (09:02:03.584)

You have slain Alrena. (09:02:04.654) :grimace:

• I really like that temperance change for whip. Feels like you have a condition to build to that gives you a window to be pretty scary. Looks good

• connell v. ashmond 

http://connell-v-ashmond.bitballoon.com/

shout out to ashmond for being the most fun spars ever <3

we are about 50/50 in win|loss ratio. But by far, the most fun. We've had many more close matches than this one - but alas, this is the one I logged.
  • Any reason you don't use Tarot?

As someone who doesn't speak French, what contexts do you use vous vs. tu?
  • I usually switch into moons as long as devilmark is up. I just got lucky with getting an early whispering/crone hence no tarot in that fight.
  • Twice in the same page... Appropriate, still.  :#

Sweet holy mother of colours.

• Kogan attempts to stifle his amusement but cannot help laughing aloud.

Kogan says in a gravelly voice, "Order it passive."

A suicide mouse is already hostile towards Kogan.

Kogan says in a gravelly voice, "And try again."

You order a suicide mouse to assume a passive stance.
    With seeming reluctance, a suicide mouse obeys your command.

>> So each time I ORDER MOUSE KILL KOGAN, the mouse won't detonate, will only say it's already hostile towards target. Even after I order mouse passive and try that again, same thing. Is this a bug? Or how does mouse actually work?
  • Not only the above, but he follows me around wherever I go. Dochitha is just jealous his mouse loves me. Working as intended. Next question.
  • edited February 2018
    It's a sign. Even the game itself doesn't want people playing Jester.

QUIT CLASS;AGREE.

• Pyori said:
    It's a sign. Even the game itself doesn't want people playing Jester.

QUIT CLASS;AGREE.
    Yah Jester so need attention / upgrade / fixes. Also, can only start juggling when 2 arms are free, though it only requires one arm to keep the juggling. So you need to unwield left right to start juggling, then wield shield or puppet again after the juggling is done...
  • Also:

You already have a vodun doll of that person somewhere and may not make another.
    A well-made puppet of Kogan, its major features have taken shape and are defined.

I have a puppet of Kogan in Jester, and then class switch Shaman, I can't make a vodun of Kogan, that means, entire Vodun skillset is not usable when I have a puppet of Kogan... Gotta send in classlead next round when it opens.
    @Nicola @Makarios
  • That's a bug with multiclass, not a classlead

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Yeah Jester can be a pain, but it's still fun. Suicide mice need a bomb strapped to attack a target, an if the target has a shield up it won't detonate til it is down, also things such as flying will make the mouse just wait around. Though since recent classleads you finally get a message when they detonate, which is super cool in group combat.
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Barely got the detonate off before guards squished us.

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/yAiJWSlJ

• Dude I miss expert diag. Stupid, balanced 50/50 locks vs 50/50 but really 100% locks.

RIP
  • edited February 2018
    Vs Morzakai (Air Lord) - barely managed to complete the lock before I was in compress range-- 0 realgar = bad.
    Vs Lilian (Earth Lord) - Tried slow-prepping with rubble, said fuck it and moved half the arena away so she'd have to set it all up again. Fuck that noise.

Need to fix my post lock stuff, rather than typing out 'adopt maelstrom/gaital form' when they're locked, to crescent / dispatch.